• 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 02 June 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Van Gogh Nightstar Collector's camo.
Clever.

Not a big fan of the way the giant square lasers look like on the Osiris, though. Definitely prefer the original laser barrels.

Shame, no Argus though. No Quadrupeds either.

Somehow, I feel confident in calling the Argus and Thanatos for the next mech pack. Perhaps Piranha and an IIC for the Clans in the same pack, as well.

#22 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostBluttrunken, on 02 June 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

You didn't even release the first batch of Civil War mechs so far. WTF.

These are due out in October, two months after the first lot of Civil War mechs, by which time the war would have escalated - hence the name

View PostNlGHTBlRD, on 02 June 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Nightstar - Cbill bonus variants aren't interesting but it's like a king crab with much higher arms and can mount 4 AC10s/UAC10s/Rotary 5s, has an ECM variant. Con: WTF are the floating side torsos

I think they'll look like the IS Marauder's, they look like they're floating because of the angle maybe.

EDIT: Hmm, $20 for the Nightstar? Is that a typo? 95t assaults are usually pricier than that? NEVER MIND!

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 02 June 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#23 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

My only question is, can we upgrade to ultimate via buying the collector upgrade and then the reinforcement and then hero add-ons?
Because last time, we had, what, twice as long to buy them all, which was just enough for me to buy them all at Ultimate tier. This time, there's no way I could do that unless I want to go without, say, food for three weeks.
As much as I want to buy them all, I'd really like to know if it's possible to hit Ultimate tier on the packs without buying it in one go.
Edit: Had someone in Baradul's community tell me it is possible, which is good. Means I can actually buy food this month.

Edited by Lily of Thrace, 02 June 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#24 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

There's a bunch of interesting things here, in particular the Arctic Wolf battlemech/omnimech variants, but nothing significantly different from current offerings. I seem to have hit new-mech-fatigue, and the skill tree has done an effective job at diminishing my desire to bulk-purchase multiple variants of the same chassis. Maybe I'll grab a couple hero variants down the road.

Artwork is beautiful as usual.

#25 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

The Nova Cat hero is from Xi Provisional Galaxy, Clan Nova Cat. Hence the cloud cobra motif with funky runes.

I'm guessing the "Wolf Phoenix" Nighstar is Shelly Brubaker's from Wolf's Dragoons Delta regiment.

Anyone know what the horse decal is that comes with the Osiris (Deneb Light Cavalry maybe?).

Edited by 5th Fedcom Rat, 02 June 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#26 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Gimmi more Mechs !!

#27 Safari Gepard

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

In mechwarrior 4 mercenaries Nova Cat is much better visual. Much more futuristic. I hope you will do it much better in game,not like this;.

#28 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

The Nightstar...never before has this 'Mech been in a MechWarrior game. For that reason alone it's completely and totally awesome.

#29 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

View Postrolly, on 02 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Why are you guys still selling mechs in 3 packs? There is no A La Carte function either. I see no use in buying three anymore and would rather buy 1 of each. At least give your customer base more options.

I'd buy all 4 I just don't need 12 mechs if all I want are 1 at most 2 of each chassis. Come on guys, change your market /sales options. You've already outdated the need for the pokemech 3 mech idea with your skill tree.

Because they can. Either buy them, or play for free and wait for them to come out for C-Bills.

View Postprocess, on 02 June 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

There's a bunch of interesting things here, in particular the Arctic Wolf battlemech/omnimech variants, but nothing significantly different from current offerings. I seem to have hit new-mech-fatigue, and the skill tree has done an effective job at diminishing my desire to bulk-purchase multiple variants of the same chassis. Maybe I'll grab a couple hero variants down the road.

Artwork is beautiful as usual.

Then just buy mechs that look cool to you, or play your old mechs.

#30 Jullian Starfingers

• Pip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 02 June 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Van Gogh Nightstar Collector's camo.
Clever.

I notice that to, that realy nice and i can wait to see whats the texture artist doing with this.

Nice choice of Mechs i like the Osiris and the Nova Cat in particular.

#31 Tincan Nightmare

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:49 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 02 June 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

The Nova Cat hero is from Xi Provisional Galaxy, Clan Nova Cat. Hence the cloud cobra motif with funky runes.

I'm guessing the "Wolf Phoenix" Nighstar is Shelly Brubaker's from Wolf's Dragoons Delta regiment.

Anyone know what the horse decal is that comes with the Osiris (Deneb Light Cavalry maybe?).

Quite a few units used horse decal's, that one doesn't look familiar though. The Deneb Light Cavalry insignia was a horse head from the side, but very angular. Eriadani Light Horse was a whole trotting horse, and Lindon's Company (or battalion or regiment) had an insignia that looked like a knight chess piece. It kinda looks like the Lyran Guard insignia from the old Camo Specs book. That was a side horse head with a swirly design at the bottom, but that is a very dated source material.

Actually here's the link to Sarna which shows the design pretty good. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lyran_Guards

#32 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, I'd say the Osiris hero is definitely Lyran. Blue with white decals, emblem similar to Lyran Guards patch.

I really hate the emblems for the Nova Cat preorder. Still going to get it, but... Ew.

#33 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

Where is the frikkin' clan 20 ton light mech that we still don't have, that is needed to optimize CW dropdecks. Posted Image

#34 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

@Curccu: first off, Clans don't really NEED a 20-tonner to "optimize", and secondly, it's likely in the works, prob is that whole speed limit screwyness, that's also why the Flea never made it in. if that's ever figured out, the Dasher and Flea'll probably be in right after.

#35 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

Oh my...

Arctic Wolf - Looks like we have another Clan missile bomber Posted Image Thanks to Catten Hart for pointing out the OmniMech & BattleMech mix, reckon I would have missed that. Probably one I'l pick up later, though I like how that Right Torso has some tough choices to make for the Omnis.

Osiris - Solid Light, decent selection of hardpoints, though the Hero looks a little bland. Loses 1 Energy in exchange for 2 JJs, compared to the OSR-2V. That high mounted Energy in the CT just screams for a new Light or Snub-Nose PPC Posted Image It's no Hollander, but I like it.

Nightstar - That looks *so* much better than the TRO art, good job! I think I want everything except the Hero, although MRMs could well change my mind on that. I wonder where the CT Energy hardpoint goes? Hopefully it's in the nose, like the Bushwacker, then I can triple (Light/Snub-Nose)PPC / LPL the NSR-9S. The IS welcomes it's new meta overlord! Posted Image

Nova Cat - SQUEEEEEEE! It's finally here?! Posted Image This thing is going to run as hot as my Supernovas, but look so much better doing it. I wonder if I can make that NCT-B work as a slow SRM platform... OK! Time to change my sig...

#36 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

I wasn't going to buy another mech and then they rolled out the damn Nova cat. 70 tonnes of delicious firepower... DAMN YOU PGI !

Also some of the Artic wolfs can take a 365XL engine? Can anyone work out what speed that'll give. I am also very tempted... again DAMN YOU PGI !!

#37 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:57 AM

"Well, that Escalated quickly."

#38 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

Muh Stone Rhino, where is it ?

#39 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

I realy hope I have some money to spend before the early adoptors end this time, I would like 3 of those.
also will the Clans ever get a 20 ton Mech?

edit:
also what about IS Omnimechs, there is no longer any timeline reason for not having them

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 03 June 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#40 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:20 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 03 June 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

@Curccu: first off, Clans don't really NEED a 20-tonner to "optimize", and secondly, it's likely in the works, prob is that whole speed limit screwyness, that's also why the Flea never made it in. if that's ever figured out, the Dasher and Flea'll probably be in right after.

OFC clans need it to optimize.
Flea didn't make it because it's just glorified locust.
Piranha wouldn't break any speed limits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users