203 replies to this topic

#41 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

View Postrolly, on 02 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Why are you guys still selling mechs in 3 packs? There is no A La Carte function either. I see no use in buying three anymore and would rather buy 1 of each. At least give your customer base more options.

I'd buy all 4 I just don't need 12 mechs if all I want are 1 at most 2 of each chassis. Come on guys, change your market /sales options. You've already outdated the need for the pokemech 3 mech idea with your skill tree.

think of it as a savings plan. you keep the one you want and sell the others for Cbills. For the IS side since they have fixed hardpoints you would still have to buy the individual mechs. Most of the IS I think I'd rather wait and buy them for Cbills.
I think they made a mistake with the Clan Archtic wolf. the standard mechs are omnimechs but reenforcement and Hero is a battlemech. huh? Is this something new?the 70T clan nova cat is interesting but the IS assault at 95 is only soso at best.

#42 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

View Postrolly, on 02 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Why are you guys still selling mechs in 3 packs? There is no A La Carte function either. I see no use in buying three anymore and would rather buy 1 of each. At least give your customer base more options.

I'd buy all 4 I just don't need 12 mechs if all I want are 1 at most 2 of each chassis. Come on guys, change your market /sales options. You've already outdated the need for the pokemech 3 mech idea with your skill tree.

you might have missed it. the default is ala carte since you buy each mech separately the price of the mech varies by weight. They don't have something like the wave one where one pack is 3 mechs the second is 6 mechs etc. . you would be buying 4 3 mech packs in standard or collectors and the reienforcement and Hero are extra.
If you look back at the clan origin and wave 2 and 3, the packs are for one-4 chassis and the more expensive the pack thee more chassis are in it.

#43 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

View PostLily of Thrace, on 02 June 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

My only question is, can we upgrade to ultimate via buying the collector upgrade and then the reinforcement and then hero add-ons?
Because last time, we had, what, twice as long to buy them all, which was just enough for me to buy them all at Ultimate tier. This time, there's no way I could do that unless I want to go without, say, food for three weeks.
As much as I want to buy them all, I'd really like to know if it's possible to hit Ultimate tier on the packs without buying it in one go.
Edit: Had someone in Baradul's community tell me it is possible, which is good. Means I can actually buy food this month.

sorry Lilly but the ultimate is not an upgrade option. It says so in the announcement. Basically you get the samething buying the collectors pack, reenforcement and hero add on. only it's all grouped together for convienence. There isn't enough variety in the variants though. you're proabably better off buying the individual mechs I'd probably buy the standard so I can buy the Hero add on. those are more interesting than the others.

#44 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

@Rogue: there wasn't to begin with, the first one showed up in 3052, the Raptor.

as for the Clans not having a 20 tonner yet, it's apparently some kinda speed limitation thing, given the Flea was canned from showing up for similar reasons, despite the fact we did get the Locust.

@Curccu: you do realize the Flea was announced long before the Locust and Phoenix pack was even announced, right? granted, their weapon layouts and hardpoints are pretty similar too.

Edited by Arkhangel, 03 June 2017 - 02:56 AM.

#45 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:48 AM

I've spent more money on this game than any other in my lifetime. I refuse on principal to buy anything over a standard mech pack, while i have the means it just seems ridiculous to me to spend $40 or even $70 on a single chassis.

With that being said, i want to continually support the game but without premium time and no need for 3 variants, where is the value in standard mech packs ? Standard mech packs are little more than a donation to PGI at this point.

#46 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:37 AM

View PostChound, on 03 June 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

sorry Lilly but the ultimate is not an upgrade option. It says so in the announcement. Basically you get the samething buying the collectors pack, reenforcement and hero add on. only it's all grouped together for convienence. There isn't enough variety in the variants though. you're proabably better off buying the individual mechs I'd probably buy the standard so I can buy the Hero add on. those are more interesting than the others.

Oh, sorry, I should have specified that they said it was possible by buying standard, upgrading to Collectors, and then buying Reinforcement and Hero add-ons. Apparently that counts as Ultimate towards the Ultimate rewards.

#47 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

What happened to the Fleeeeeeeeeaaaa?! Also, Stinger, Wasp and Piranha - when? Need moar 20-tonners! And OMG, does the Nightstar look awesome! Posted Image

#48 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

And when can we expect some maps to go with all these new mechs? If there is one thing we need, it's more diversity of real estate, not more mechs.

#49 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:49 AM

View PostKargush, on 03 June 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

And when can we expect some maps to go with all these new mechs? If there is one thing we need, it's more diversity of real estate, not more mechs.

PGI has a problem programming anything besides mech packs or doing anything for the game that doesnt make them money. You can nay say that all you want, but look at all the "content" out there. Bunches of mech packs, bunches of fiddling around with numbers and "balance". Very little in the way of maps and playable content.

#50 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:00 AM

View PostZolaz, on 03 June 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

PGI has a problem programming anything besides mech packs or doing anything for the game that doesnt make them money.

Skill Tree makes them money? Who knew!

#51 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

You know, I would give the 15 dollar for the Wolf Phoenix right now... But since we have the New Skill Tree.. I don't need and don't WANT the 3 standard variants.. So..

In sorry, but no money for now...Hmm... Perhaps, you should think over your selling concept... and bring in line with the NST system?

#52 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:22 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 June 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

As for the Nova Cat, what can I say? Finally a good Clan 70-ton mech? And I mean legitimately good. Not "good in only one or two roles," good. Like the NTG, the NCT will have an assault mech's firepower on a heavy mech's frame. It should be capable of jumping slightly better than the NTG, though slightly worse than the SMN. Arms seem similar to the NTG for relative placement to the cockpit, meaning "high enough" for a poptart. Not knuckle dragging, anyways. It won't be as good for ballistics as the NTG, but it will be a superior missile, laser, and hybrid build mech. NTG will edge out the NCT in pure dakka.

Novacat has been disegned from the NightGyr, so yes, it's the same principle: slow heavy with assault firepower, one for dakka, the other for energy weapons. Both of them have JJ, so adding more manauverability to a slow mech.

Pariah, I'm sure you'll go for the Novacat, right? :D

#53 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

No Premium Time?

No sale.

PGI is the only company I know that attempts to offer me worse value for the same price.

While I want to continue to support the game, I'm not going to be gouged.

Edited by Appogee, 03 June 2017 - 05:28 AM.

#54 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostChound, on 03 June 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

Chound that's not really true. I bought all the standard packs first fed civil war side to get the preorders then next month upgraded to the collectors, added the reinforcements and heroes. It then marks them all as "Ultimate". So while you can't upgrade directly to the ultimate you can get all the benefits and end up as ultimate.

Hopefully that makes sense. Posted Image

View PostLily of Thrace, on 03 June 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

Oh, sorry, I should have specified that they said it was possible by buying standard, upgrading to Collectors, and then buying Reinforcement and Hero add-ons. Apparently that counts as Ultimate towards the Ultimate rewards.

See my post above. ;)

Edited by Aramuside, 03 June 2017 - 05:36 AM.

#55 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:50 AM

Another big LoL.
Skill maze is still here.... and it's still not simple.... balance is broken.... players gone.... but - do you wana buy a mech pack ;)
Why a mech pack? We don't need 3 mech to master them.
Your economy and marketing sucks like hell.

#56 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

Some nice choices. Doubt I will pick up any of these in packs though, will wait for CBill release. If they would have had an Argus, I would have grabbed one. Osiris would be a fun mech, though I rarely drive lights. And the Arctic Wolf looks pretty cool, but been mainly running IS mechs and I have enough clan mechs for a deck or 2.

#57 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 02 June 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Wait for it... it will come...

They will save it for their next sales plummet emergency. Madcat mkII was for their 1st

View PostNlGHTBlRD, on 02 June 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Nightstar - Con: WTF are the floating side torsos

Nightstar looks like a spaceship from some star wars / star trek lovechild those are booster engines to help it go forwards faster duh, X-Fighter ? Wingcommander.... I know ive seen that spaceship without the legs somewhere.

It is indeed interesting no premium time and having to buy so many variants instead of just One at a higher individual cost.

Also the rewards standing and hanging items, should be a 3rd and 4th combo options for one of the Clan mech packs and One of the IS mech packs in a combo..

#58 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 03 June 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

Novacat has been disegned from the NightGyr, so yes, it's the same principle: slow heavy with assault firepower, one for dakka, the other for energy weapons. Both of them have JJ, so adding more manauverability to a slow mech.

Pariah, I'm sure you'll go for the Novacat, right? Posted Image

I'm on break from MWO, but I still snagged the NCT and ACW. They were on my short list of mechs I'd pay for. Only the Fire Moth remains, but that is unlikely to happen.

The Nova Cat looks off to me, though. Slightly too thin, and the head design bothers me quite a bit. All the art, the models, and the clix toys have a more aggressive, angular head design, with a deeper V-Cut cockpit glass array. More in line with the Black Knight.

This just looks like a rounded nub stuck to the top of the mech. :\

#59 PrimeMehster

• Pip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

I don't care about anything else in this patch. Nothing matters anymore.

THEY ARE ADDING THE FREAKING NOVA CAT!

You literally can do no wrong now PGI, just as long as this cat ships...

#60 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 June 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

I'm on break from MWO, but I still snagged the NCT and ACW. They were on my short list of mechs I'd pay for. Only the Fire Moth remains, but that is unlikely to happen.

The Nova Cat looks off to me, though. Slightly too thin, and the head design bothers me quite a bit. All the art, the models, and the clix toys have a more aggressive, angular head design, with a deeper V-Cut cockpit glass array. More in line with the Black Knight.

This just looks like a rounded nub stuck to the top of the mech. :\

I'm waiting for the real 3D mech; not always Alex design correspond to the real released mech.
But it's not going to have belly hardpoints like the Knight. I agree with the cockpit...

Well, I know a Novacat sibko should like NOvacat mech :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users