Tier 1 In 10 Days (Big Post With Links N Stuff)

220 replies to this topic

#201 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 06 June 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

As an alternative to brine you mean? Lets have some fun Posted Image

Lucky for you, not everyone is unaware then, isn't it?
And while we might know nothing of man, it is becoming evident who this "child" is.

I present to those who are yet to work it out...

Exhibit A

https://youtu.be/yJ8iHOZfrOM?t=34m2s

Now if you've watched the videos from "King" you will notice the build, weapon groups are the same but the most telling part - the play style, the movement. Might as well be identical these two players?

Lets move onto

You didn't even point out it has the same Final Fantasy VII music....

#202 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

View PostNatred, on 07 June 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

Who else but queen hark busts out wirh some poetry

37:45

30:40

#203 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 07 June 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

You didn't even point out it has the same Final Fantasy VII music....

Good lord, as if there were any doubt:
https://mwomercs.com...ditation-video/

#204 Gwei Loong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHere & There

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:19 AM

So people went bananas over this thread. I was having a lot of fun with that.
I feel like this isn't over yet though.
Can the speed record to get to tier one be beat?
I am going to have to go against what some of the more negative posters said about the OP being a loser.
I'll have to say he's a winner.
Not only did he set the bar incredibly high but he also knew what to post to push a lot of buttons.
Maybe if we asked Carl Jung he'd say it's just a game and you are responsible for your own emotions.
Then he'd say but what game do you think he's referring to?
Now I am not that big of a fan of psychology, I am more into metaphysics, but that's not to say psychology does not have its place.
If I look at it as an aspect of social engineering I realize there are a lot of things we can take from this.
Harkinian thanks for all the time you put into this. The effort it took is not lost on some of us.

Edited by Gwei Loong, 08 June 2017 - 05:39 AM.

#205 Sebaztien Hawke

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand +12 GMT

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

As someone who has played MWO sporadically for a few years, but only seriously for a brief period, my observations of the Ace of Spades video are:

- 1st game ever playing? Total BS. He didn't look around his base, or at the other BattleMechs. He ran straight for an exit.

- He ran immediately to a defensible point, agaim, not exploring, and not really following other mechs as a new player is likely to do.

- He appeared to be aiming for HEADSHOTS against the mechs peeking over the ridge. He had the dexterity and confidence to sweep from target to target in the same peek session, which I doubt a first time player would have.

- He aimed at the LEGS of a fast moving Raven as it flashed past...

- He torso twisted INSTINCTIVELY when popping back into cover after sniping. IN HIS FIRST GAME.

- He adjusted his sensitivity on the fly

- He spotted a UAV and engaged it... Also seemed to unlock the aims to aim? Hmmm... a new player VERY familiar with the control layout and purpose.

... I stopped watching. I agree that you can rank up quickly with concentrated play time and a good mech, because when I finally had a week of free time during the evening I gained ONE tier and it was more significant experience increase than after a year of sporadic play. But no way could a very new player blitz the tiers, there are too many things to learn first. I just read about another "new" player asking if 1500 damage was a good start a week in... It's more of a trolling thing that a humble brag at that point.

Edited by Sebaztien Hawke, 15 September 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#206 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostSebaztien Hawke, on 15 September 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

As someone who has played MWO sporadically for a few years, but only seriously for a brief period, my observations of the Ace of Spades video are:

- 1st game ever playing? Total BS. He didn't look around his base, or at the other BattleMechs. He ran straight for an exit.

- He ran immediately to a defensible point, agaim, not exploring, and not really following other mechs as a new player is likely to do.

- He appeared to be aiming for HEADSHOTS against the mechs peeking over the ridge. He had the dexterity and confidence to sweep from target to target in the same peek session, which I doubt a first time player would have.

- He aimed at the LEGS of a fast moving Raven as it flashed past...

- He torso twisted INSTINCTIVELY when popping back into cover after sniping. IN HIS FIRST GAME.

- He adjusted his sensitivity on the fly

- He spotted a UAV and engaged it... Also seemed to unlock the aims to aim? Hmmm... a new player VERY familiar with the control layout and purpose.

... I stopped watching. I agree that you can rank up quickly with concentrated play time and a good mech, because when I finally had a week of free time during the evening I gained ONE tier and it was more significant experience increase than after a year of sporadic play. But no way could a very new player blitz the tiers, there are too many things to learn first. I just read about another "new" player asking if 1500 damage was a good start a week in... It's more of a trolling thing that a humble brag at that point.

Posted Image

damned necromancers.....

And yes, we all know who he is. He's played before and he got banned from the forums. (maybe even in-game). now he's started a new account. End of story.

#207 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

way to necro a thread. Soy doesn't care.

#208 Skipmagnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

I found out the other day that soy sauce is actually not vegan, at least the kind my girl says is the only kind allowed in the house. Who knew?

#209 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:05 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 04 June 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

Now come back when you're not on an alt stomping seals up to tier 1

He wouldn't be just stomping seals, but that's the match making system PGI has made. Gotta protect the whales.

#210 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 15 September 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

way to necro a thread. Soy doesn't care.

He cares, a lot, when you mention it in in-game chat ;)

#211 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:02 AM

Soo... Harkinian = Soy?

#212 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 04 June 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

ofc not but the system still let him get t1 in 10 days.

At nearly 10 hours a day!

#213 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

Wow ! He has all of you'all in a tizzy ! Congratulations OP !!!! Well done ! And, a superb effort......good form !!

Another interesting point is the number of "alternative accounts?" WOW !!! I wonder what our actual player base number really is? X/2 or X/3 or more.

OP, congrats on your achievement!!! Seriously. I'm still a T3 bordering on T6 at any moment.... Again, good form Lad !

#214 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:16 AM

LMAO @ people who care about tiers!!

#215 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

@OP,

I think what keeps you from tier one is when you don't use a tier one mech. Start a new character and try to get to Tier 1 in a Shadow Cat or Summoner only. You won't get there. PGI doesn't seem to balance their mechs too well. If the Scat had 14 energy hardpoints it would compete with the Nova and Storm Crow, but BattleTech doesn't give it 14 energy hardpoints and PGI can't see that there is no balance in a 45 tonner with 3 energy hardpoints and one with 14. Posted Image

I just don't care about what tier I am. I would leave MWO if I couldn't experiment with other mechs every few games. I can't understand how people play just one chassis.

Edited by Lightfoot, 18 September 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#216 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

Hmmmm. If it looks like fish, Swims like fish. Smells like fish . . . . . . got to be fishy! (Unless it was my mate's girlfriend from school days, many a moon ago when the world was young and death was but a dream."

#217 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 18 September 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

@OP,

I think what keeps you from tier one is when you don't use a tier one mech. Start a new character and try to get to Tier 1 in a Shadow Cat or Summoner only. You won't get there. PGI doesn't seem to balance their mechs too well. If the Scat had 14 energy hardpoints it would compete with the Nova and Storm Crow, but BattleTech doesn't give it 14 energy hardpoints and PGI can't see that there is no balance in a 45 tonner with 3 energy hardpoints and one with 14. Posted Image

I just don't care about what tier I am. I would leave MWO if I couldn't experiment with other mechs every few games. I can't understand how people play just one chassis.

Pretty sure I could start a brand new account, and 2xCERPPC Summoner/Shadowcat my way into Tier 1, no problem. Not that Tier 1 means anything

Edited by Vxheous, 18 September 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#218 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Lol... what Vx said.

Anyways, been on a hiatus, will start playing again some this fall most likely. Haven't even looked at MWO in months, busy IRL.

Hope the games doing well, hope the community is still......... something...

#219 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

I wonder if you could spend MC to change your name back.

#220 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Huh?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users