After So Many Years....

32 replies to this topic

#1 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

and the game simply crashes for at least 1 - 2 players.

Every single game.

I just crashed twice in the last 12 games.

If you dont reconnect and you are unlucky and crash even more than 2 times (and i know ppl that crash a lot more than me) then you are actually temporarily banned from the game.

For what exactly? For wanting to play but constantly crashing cause the game is just buggy as hell?

And if you reconnect you are basically dead already in 95 % of the times you reconnect.

Every single game ppl crash.

Every game.

I just dont understand why they dont fix this. No other game I play ever crashes like that. Like literally never.

This game is super unstable and has been sice OPEN BETA a 1000 years ago.

They make this and that announcment. Big patches coming in. Big civil war updates. Huge plans.

Ehhhh.....why not finally fix this unstable program first?

To devs: YOUR GAME CRASHES ALL THE TIME DONT YOU REALIZE THAT

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

Have you submitted tickets and reports?

My game never crashes
A unit mate crashes frequently

#3 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

The streamers man, im telling you

#4 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

It's more than likely something failing, overheating, conflicting, etc in your hardware.
Possibly a broken driver, but in my experience, usually some type of hardware issue.
Check your fans, processor and gpu & run a memory check.

#5 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostIron Heel, on 05 June 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

It's more than likely something failing, overheating, conflicting, etc in your hardware.
Possibly a broken driver, but in my experience, usually some type of hardware issue.
Check your fans, processor and gpu & run a memory check.

Unlikely. It is a problem for a small but significant minority of players. More-so than in any other game I've ever played. I have a high end gaming computer built within the last year that is stable in every other game or situation and I crash once or twice a night. Doubtful that so many people who's rigs run fine otherwise would have this same issue in this particular game if it was down to a hardware malfunction.

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 05 June 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Have you submitted tickets and reports?

My game never crashes
A unit mate crashes frequently

Ditto. My client only ever disconnects due to lack of internet. So it's something specific to your PC.

#7 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

I has literally been tens of hours of play time since I last crashed. In fact, I don't remember the last time I legitimately crashed. The code is the same for all players, so why is it PGI's fault and not the individuals computer set up or operating system, or players overclocking, or other software installed on a system, or other hardware causing a conflict?

Because of our tendency because of human nature and our fallen state to blame anyone but ourselves or put the blame on whoever it is we want to blame rather than the truth.

#8 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 05 June 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Unlikely. It is a problem for a small but significant minority of players. More-so than in any other game I've ever played. I have a high end gaming computer built within the last year that is stable in every other game or situation and I crash once or twice a night. Doubtful that so many people who's rigs run fine otherwise would have this same issue in this particular game if it was down to a hardware malfunction.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that line of reasoning, I'd be a very (much more) wealthy man.

I'm not arguing or disparaging your opinion in any way or another,
But, a small but significant minority of players have unaddressed conflicts and heat issues in their otherwise "well" running rigs.
just saying..

#9 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostIron Heel, on 05 June 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that line of reasoning, I'd be a very (much more) wealthy man.

But, a small but significant minority of players have unaddressed conflicts and heat issues in their otherwise "well" running rigs.
just saying..

The probability that there is a hardware issue that manifests itself only when running one particular application, and said hardware issue is in no way caused by the application in question, is extremely low.

CPU temp: 41C at load
GPU temp: 58C at load

Probably not heat related.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I find it hard to support via data and factual analysis.

#10 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

View Postoneda, on 05 June 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

and the game simply crashes for at least 1 - 2 players.

Every single game.

I just crashed twice in the last 12 games.

If you dont reconnect and you are unlucky and crash even more than 2 times (and i know ppl that crash a lot more than me) then you are actually temporarily banned from the game.

For what exactly? For wanting to play but constantly crashing cause the game is just buggy as hell?

And if you reconnect you are basically dead already in 95 % of the times you reconnect.

Every single game ppl crash.

Every game.

I just dont understand why they dont fix this. No other game I play ever crashes like that. Like literally never.

This game is super unstable and has been sice OPEN BETA a 1000 years ago.

They make this and that announcment. Big patches coming in. Big civil war updates. Huge plans.

Ehhhh.....why not finally fix this unstable program first?

To devs: YOUR GAME CRASHES ALL THE TIME DONT YOU REALIZE THAT

Every single QP game I'm in, there is MINIMUM 1 disconnect on each team. Unfortunately for me, it always tends to be assault mechs on my team that disco.

#11 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

i had 3 crashes myself last night and i rarely ever get crashes

#12 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

hm i built this pc i use myself (nothin special and it was actually my first self built pc lol) and i dont have any crashes o.O

#13 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

Didn't see a crash for like 3 years.
3 different systems ( 2 desktops, 1 laptop), different components (used cpus and gpus from both nvidia and amd).
I literally don't remember when the game crashed the last time on either system.

I simply don't understand what people do to get their systems so unstable. My unit contains of 5 irl friends. Zero crashes for them aswell.

#14 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

I'm crashing a lot now as well.

I'm talking, I NEVER used to crash in my first 3 months, now since the last release my game freezes and crashes, many time in the middle of a brawl.

#15 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

I normally blame the internet then my six year old pc which can run both skyrim and mgs5:ttp on high for hours on end no problem. I still run a 660gtx card. My ips is spectrum and they say I have solid 10 down and five up speed. The game has always been poorly optimized. Ever since july of last year i've been wanting pgi to tell us that mwo is being worked on in a newer engine which is definitely needs.

The only mech con announcement that would have my full interest and get me to buy mech packs again: "mwo will be doing a massive update on xx/xx/2018 to migrate to a new engine that isn't cry-ware or a pos. We expect to take the game offline during the duration for a period of two days."

#16 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

The last disconnect I had was when I was trying to use my movement controls while falling from the dropship at the start of a match. I dont do that anymore. Only once in the last few weeks did I have a discon mid game and it happened right as I was engaging at close range with an atlas. Needless to say when I reconnected I was totally dead.

#17 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

I went several years without any issues. Ever since the April patch, I crash usually once every other time playing. Run the repair tool, cleaned out the inside of my computer, etc. etc. Still a problem.

#18 ShadeofHades

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

Wife and I both had issues running on eVGA GTX 980 cards - everything else we played together ran fine, but those 980s would crash in 1 of every 3-4 matches.

Moved to a 1080 Ti and her to a 1080, and we're stable as can be.

This game does seem to bring out the worst in hardware, for some reason.

#19 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

One question to solve a majority of crashes:

Fullscreen or windowed mode?

Try the other one and report back.

#20 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

View PostIron Heel, on 05 June 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

just saying..

The reality is that the disconnect rate- probably between 2-4% (roughly 1 disconnected player every 1-2 games- no exaggeration) is not "small" by any industry standard. If I were to estimate the number of players affected by stability issues, based upon the number of players that disconnect, and the rate at which I experience disconnects, the number of players actually experiencing periodic disconnects is probably somewhere around 30-40% depending upon how many intentional disconnects you assume there to be... indefensibly high.

If you play other games like this, such as WT, WoT, WoWS, OW, DOTA2, LOL etc., you'll know that MWO has a very obvious stability issue effecting what is actually a pretty large number of players.

Explaining this away as "heat issues" is pure speculation- I've tried every solution I've seen suggested- running off an SSD, on steam and standalone, running at DX9, running a diagnostic on my ram, cleaned out my computer, run the repair tool multiple times in addition to reinstalling. My computer is less than a year old, runs everything else fine- even MWO runs fine except for predictable crashes upon entering a game, or as I'm dropping from the dropship. I've gone well above and beyond what should be expected yet I still experience crashes.

You can just look at the number of staff at PGI, and the glassdoor reviews and see that there are management issues and overworked employees- reading between the lines, it's far more likely that ongoing stability problems are seen as acceptable casualties in favor of releasing new content to keep the lights on- I would not be surprised at all if it's announced that MWO is just going to be merged with MW5 and ported over to the unreal engine when it's released, since it's known that PGI has found Cryengine to be an albatross.

Edited by Aggravated Assault Mech, 05 June 2017 - 03:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users