32 replies to this topic

#21 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

The most offensive thing about it is that there's no acknowledgement that the problem even exists when it's clear that the game has stability/connectivity issues.

We get the "Workarounds" forum.. there is no up to date list of known issues or fixes, and as far as I can tell isn't even visited by the devs- further indication that making the game run better simply isn't on the table. Compare that to Wargaming, which itself is far from a perfect company- they at least goes to the effort of compiling known issues so that the playerbase knows it isn't just a grab deal fly by night operation.

Instead we're just standing here with our {Richard Cameron} in our hands being told it's a personal problem when it's practically a 50/50 shot that you're going to be down a player in any given match...

Even assuming that these stability issues are caused by bad rigs/player-created, obviously the game isn't bug free- seeing some kind of accountability for what's actually being worked on rather than nebulous "roadmaps" would be nice...

#22 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:04 AM

I don't know about you guys, but have you noticed that the game crashes, disconnects and lags ALOT more since they introduced that new persistent floating chat thing?

And god forbid you actually open the chat window, it takes like 30 seconds for it to open, and the game is locked until it does?

I think there's a major issue with the chat that is slowing down the client..

#23 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

I crash maybe once a month. No issue here in that regard. More concerned with dropship bug in CW.

#24 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

I crash very often on Terra Therma. Crimson Strait, Forest Colony, Canyon Network and some other occasionally crash too, but it's not that common. I never crashed on HPG Manifold, old Terra Therma or any Siege map.

#25 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

Happened to me, verify the file cache and it will fix it..

#26 BARegulator

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

I've noticed that when I alt-tab out of the app it significantly increases the probabilities of a crash. It is like Windows or Game does not like to alt-tab out of full screen windows. It might also be that I have a dual screen setup and it plays full on one screen while I have ts open on other so I can see who is talking. Also having Chrome open in the background seems to increase the probability.

However, I agree that there are also more obnoxious bugs than the crash like was stated; being dropped outside of map, having the drop screen stick and forcing an alt-f4 to fix, and general performance issues in mechlab. Also the ui is horrible and needs a professional to fix it. It would be nice if just for one month instead of releasing new features they just took a step back and worried about bugs, stability, usability, and performance.

#27 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

Why do you ASSume its the game?
I have NEVER crashed! Ever! Nope! Not once!
And I have been playing since 2012

#28 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

In three years, I have never had MWO crash on either my desktop or my laptop, might be your system....

#29 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

The thing about crashing in the dropship is rare but its probably reproducible seeing as so many have seen it. But it is very rare and i guess they figure there are bigger problems.

#30 BARegulator

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

I am wondering if it is some specific combination of hardware/graphics card and some option. I have just reverted AA and particles to default, as some people have stated they cause performance problems. I am going to play like that for a bit and see if it is any more stable.

#31 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Personally I have seen this game crash once. In the years I have played I've seen one crash. Granted the crash ended up ******* me out of reward for that match BUT one crash out of years is fine. It might be your set up? Some os' are less stable than others. Truth is we know so little information about your circumstance that at this point you're just screaming into the void.

#32 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 05 June 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

The most offensive thing about it is that there's no acknowledgement that the problem even exists when it's clear that the game has stability/connectivity issues.

We get the "Workarounds" forum.. there is no up to date list of known issues or fixes, and as far as I can tell isn't even visited by the devs- further indication that making the game run better simply isn't on the table. Compare that to Wargaming, which itself is far from a perfect company- they at least goes to the effort of compiling known issues so that the playerbase knows it isn't just a grab deal fly by night operation.

Instead we're just standing here with our {Richard Cameron} in our hands being told it's a personal problem when it's practically a 50/50 shot that you're going to be down a player in any given match...

Even assuming that these stability issues are caused by bad rigs/player-created, obviously the game isn't bug free- seeing some kind of accountability for what's actually being worked on rather than nebulous "roadmaps" would be nice...

This.

1000000000000 times this.

Theres is no statement.

There is no offical friggin post saying 'WE KNOW THAT EVERY SINGLE GAME ONE OR TWO PPL CRASH....EVERY SINGLE GAME AND HONESTLY WE DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT WE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND IT OURSELFS'.

Wheres the post saying that?

Where is it?

Cause the only other plausible explanation would be 'errr....guys....girls.....honestly now....we just dont really give a shi*'.

I dont care how many of you pronounce proudly 'i never crash'.

What game have u been playing.

Cant be mwo. Cause in the mwo that I am playing ppl crash.

Every

single

game.

And yet its silently ignored for years. It is super annoying and that was and is the reason i sometimes just stopped playing.

I dont bother reconnecting anymore.

Why would I do that?

I reconnect and im dead. Basically every time i reconnect.

If i dont reconnect i get banned for 10 seconds then 2 mins then 8 and then even 2 hours i think.

Im being punished as if i intentionally do bad stuff.

The consequence?

I wont recommend this game or the entire studio to anybody. And not even if it meant a guaranteed place in paradise would I ever (despite how much i love the franchise....big mechs are just cool) buy mechwarrior 5.

Id pay money for a huge chance that I bought a completly buggy and unstable game.

If they did and do it in this game then theyd do it in another game.

No money from me.

Ever.

Address the issue, make an official statment or honestly admit u dont know how to fix it. Theres skilled ppl here that might know how to help. Or hire somebody who knows how to deal with it.

Just ignoring it is the worst kind of advertisement for your company.

Who makes those decisions?

Who ever it ist....hes giving u bad advice.

Listen to me instead. Im smarter. More able. My brain is bigger. I know. They dont know.

Do it.

Now.

Im dont asking politely.

If you bring a product then present qulity work or dont do it at all. What kind of mentaility is that.

Thats just weak.

#33 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

This game has been going on so long, some patches are a lot worse than others and some of those crashing bugs persist for months. Right now, Im not sure if we are in a bad patch cycle for crashes, but network and HSR is a lot worse than it's been for a long time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users