Summer Blast Personal Challenge Event

428 replies to this topic

#261 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

I got mine done, but with so many people (including me) experiencing pings in the thousands and multiple disconnects per match last night I could definitely support an extension of this challenge. Make it an open-ended extension for all challenges until the connection issues are resolved.

I haven't been on yet today so I don't know what it's like now, but not everyone can play during all segments of the day.

#262 linux4eva

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

How do you expect average PUG IS loyalist to do this FW victory challenge in one day? My unit is busy with some other event and I cannot afford to sit whole night to hope I would get lucky to do it. Just not worth it. After shooting battery carrying mech and Tukkayid thing this seems to be a strange decision.

I second that scouting should be victory and invasion should be participation only!

PGI should extend the challenge and make it participation only.

Edited by linux4eva, 16 June 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#263 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

I also can't do all the event and that's it, I try to aim for the ones I really want and can do

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 16 June 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#264 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

View Postlinux4eva, on 16 June 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

How do you expect average PUG IS loyalist to do this FW victory challenge in one day? My unit is busy with some other event and I cannot afford to sit whole night to hope I would get lucky to do it. Just not worth it. After shooting battery carrying mech and Tukkayid thing this seems to be a strange decision.

I second that scouting should be victory and invasion should be participation only!

PGI should extend the challenge and make it participation only.

If you don't have peeps to drop with, its tough on either side... honestly there are so many desperate PUGs that if you put together a half coordinated team, you have a chance!

#265 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

SO I tried the invasion part of the event with my unit tonight .... usual result - me a tier 5 in a drop with 12 tier 1s and 2s on the enemy team, then dropship glitched in my 2nd mech every battle and had to sit there to the end.

This sh1t gets old fast PGI - fix that damned dropship glitching and fix the matchmaker (for both pug and faction drops)!

What's that you say? Not enough players for proper tiered matchmaking? Well whose fault is that for not marketing the game enough? Clue - it's not the players at fault.

#266 Tacheyon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

I was able to get in on 4 Faction drops today. And I know I won 2 of them with at least 100 match score...yet the scoreboard still says 1 of 2 even 2 hours out. Posted Image

#267 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostGazbeard, on 16 June 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

SO I tried the invasion part of the event with my unit tonight .... usual result - me a tier 5 in a drop with 12 tier 1s and 2s on the enemy team, then dropship glitched in my 2nd mech every battle and had to sit there to the end.

This sh1t gets old fast PGI - fix that damned dropship glitching and fix the matchmaker (for both pug and faction drops)!

What's that you say? Not enough players for proper tiered matchmaking? Well whose fault is that for not marketing the game enough? Clue - it's not the players at fault.

Try Right side Shift F11 and select a different mech for the getting stuck in mech select dropship screen (PGI SHOULD MAKE THIS BUG FIXING TIP SHOWN ON EVERY DROP IF THEY CANT FIX THE BUG).

In regards to matchmaker, I would say it is pgi's fault, but not for lack of marketing, but for lack of putting a good MM while simultaneously running a large VERY rewarding CW/FP event that people cant click QP without being told is going on in a popup when you hit QP, people try it and quickly leave because of being stomped, and thats not the organised good players fault, its the lack of mm's fault.

#268 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

Still annoyed that all of the challenges can't be done in Faction Play.

Whatever. XD

#269 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

Ok so far the UAVs were the only thing I was not able to do. I am frustrated by the ping-pong with the connections and the lag jumps in the game, the disco. I am happy that I have seen some people on my friend list I have not seen since the holidays. As always am happy for the free stuff.

#270 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:52 AM

Well found the weakness to this days lance challenge... a DC in every match in my lance so far...

#271 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

....why the hell does the Bzzzzt! challenge not start at UTC 0000?

#272 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostAramuside, on 17 June 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

Well found the weakness to this days lance challenge... a DC in every match in my lance so far...

If your really struggling to get 20 in formations heres what you can do.

Open map (B) click the take company command button, move the 1st 2 dead people into your lance and stay near the one other living guy in your lance. That way it only takes 2 ppl to be in formation, and 20 isn't that hard, i remember events when it was about 100.

#273 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:39 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 17 June 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

If your really struggling to get 20 in formations heres what you can do.

Open map (Posted Image click the take company command button, move the 1st 2 dead people into your lance and stay near the one other living guy in your lance. That way it only takes 2 ppl to be in formation, and 20 isn't that hard, i remember events when it was about 100.

We couldn't get any lance bonuses at all with DC people from the start so I'm guessing unless the enemy kill them that won't work?

Today forcibly reminds me of the flaw of the group queue - with the weight limits its bring dominated by 2-3 person premade groups as they're so heavily out tonning. Last match they had six assaults (mostly BLR-2C and MAD-IIC)... we had none.

Edited by Aramuside, 17 June 2017 - 11:41 PM.

#274 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:34 AM

no, if you move the DC out of your lance you can get lance in formation with other people.

#275 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

Frustration is in high level now with this DC thing, middel of the fight got DC! WT....Posted Image

#276 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:52 AM

Odd, where it was pretty bad for me a few days ago, the last 48 hours has been fairly solid.

#277 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 18 June 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Odd, where it was pretty bad for me a few days ago, the last 48 hours has been fairly solid.

Yeah mine was perfect in a lot of matches today - very welcome change.

#278 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

Please cancel this bloody event!!!

I don't know what genius (are there any?) at PGI thought it would be a good idea to have an event running for a bloody month but its resulting in constant 'Event' game play.

The teams have been atrocious since this event started, much worse than normal and the matches just well. 'I really should uninstall this trash level of bad'.

Or has it coincided with HBS beta i wonder...

Edited by mad kat, 18 June 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#279 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:42 PM

View Postmad kat, on 18 June 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Please cancel this bloody event!!!

I don't know what genius (are there any?) at PGI thought it would be a good idea to have an event running for a bloody month but its resulting in constant 'Event' game play.

The teams have been atrocious since this event started, much worse than normal and the matches just well. 'I really should uninstall this trash level of bad'.

Or has it coincided with HBS beta i wonder...

Please do as you constantly claim you will and complain, complain, complain, complain.

Coincidentally you are the common factor on all the teams you're complaining about... are you sure its them?

PS: My teams have generally been great or evenly balanced. ;)

View PostMovinTarget, on 18 June 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Going to take back my prior comment, we're back to dc's and ping spikes. Posted Image

#280 Ober Affengeil

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBlackjack School of Conflict, Jade Falcon Invasion Corridor

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:43 PM

View PostBolter01, on 07 June 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Give those ditry clanners a free GARGOYLE

Yes please! What a GREAT brawler.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users