428 replies to this topic

#301 Meldric Ward

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

It is no surprise that FW is dead. If people run after the silly event challenges PGI spits in... what to expect?
Events should have a meaning in the FW context and they should at least try to make a minimum of sense.
This statistic-hunting is useless all the way and back. But this is not going to change and FW will not be revived any time soon. PGI concentrates on creating "Comp" stuff instead of giving any sense to FW.

In my opinion the whole "Comp"-Fail (and this absolutely includes the WC 2016!) just happens because they comletely gave up on the concept of FW.
*sigh*

#302 Ishishi

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Dumb Searching screen, where is the queue window?
There are four different loading screens after you got a match but nothing u can stare at while waiting....boring.

#303 Medicine Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

I'm liking this event stuff a lot for the most part.

But I have to say that events that involve faction play should be paying a lot more.

1000 match points of FP for a couple of paltry warhorns? Seriously not even some cbills to go with that? You guys don't know how painful and annoying faction is for pugging. You really don't.

I'm not even going to bother with any other FP events unless MC is involved.

#304 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostMedicine Man, on 22 June 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

I'm liking this event stuff a lot for the most part.

But I have to say that events that involve faction play should be paying a lot more.

1000 match points of FP for a couple of paltry warhorns? Seriously not even some cbills to go with that? You guys don't know how painful and annoying faction is for pugging. You really don't.

I'm not even going to bother with any other FP events unless MC is involved.

It really depends on your perspective. If getting 1k Match Score is difficult for a player, they would be much saltier if they felt they were really missing out on some great reward. Granted, lots of us could say things like "If you have trouble getting 1k cumulative match score in 48 hours <insert insult here>", but it seems like they made the low hanging fruit the most rewarding so that those that need to pick and choose don't feel so screwed if they can't complete it all...

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 June 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#305 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Doesn't seem too dead to me...

#306 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

b/c you came on much later...

Is it my imagination or does killing the mech *AND* getting the KMDD net you 2 points for the Accuracy challenge?

...trust me, I'm not complaining if it does!

#307 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 22 June 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Doesn't seem too dead to me...

b/c you came on much later...

Is it my imagination or does killing the mech *AND* getting the KMDD net you 2 points for the Accuracy challenge?

#308 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

*notices Accuracy Challenge does not count in Faction Warfare*

....That's [censored]ing bull[censored]! I am so sick of having to choose between dropping with my team in Faction Warfare and playing these damn challenges! WTF PGI!? Put these challenges as eligible in both modes! What do you get by keeping people out of Faction Warfare!?

Edited by Commander A9, 22 June 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#309 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:52 AM

relax, no one said you have to do them all... the fact that they made a variety means there is something for everyone, not everything for someone...

#310 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

Great event !

Time to get some extra Cbills...

#311 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

Latest update to the event page is awesome, easy to spot what's over (grayed) what's running and what's coming up.

#312 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

View PostRhialto, on 23 June 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Latest update to the event page is awesome, easy to spot what's over (grayed) what's running and what's coming up.

Agreed, what would be the best thing is to have a simple button at the very top that takes you to the first currently active challenge.

#313 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

Bump

#314 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:08 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 June 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

LOL just got 12 assists in a QP... I told team at one point "Alright, I've shot everything once, you can kill em all now!"

... I didn't realize I was actually right...

Okay... Now where's your "Philanthropist" Title? :P

View PostAramuside, on 21 June 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

That scout mode was a bit horrible - wanted to test the laser changes so went clan (SRM/SPL Pakhet)... just in time to meet wall to wall 4 man IS units. As I fought I watched the scout bar move steadily from totally can dominated and into the clan side. At least now they can increase that 50 ton back up to 55 I guess. Posted Image

PGI should have reset Clan Drop Deck Tonnages a long time ago, and turned them back up to '250 Invasion' with '55 Scouting'... Just goes to show how much PGI hates Clanners, letting the Inner Sphere have builds like 6 SRM BushWackers and 55-ton ECM Griffins, all while Clans are stuck at 50 Tons and their highest for ECM is 45 Tons. :angry:

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 June 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

It likely does count... Unfortunately, this "Accuracy" portion of the Event Challenges is causing Team-ruining, Selfish GamePlay... Several times tonight, the enemy has managed to get around behind teams I've been on, and I end up dying even when the team is next to me and I'm telling them the enemy is tearing me apart. I'm beginning to think PGI should have done a different challenge based on "Savior Kill" at the same time, just to prevent Team-ruining behavior. I'm currently ending up being a "Clubbed Baby Seal" or "Hitting Puppy", instead of being able to earn for the Event Challenges. -_-

View PostCommander A9, on 22 June 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

*notices Accuracy Challenge does not count in Faction Warfare*

....That's [censored]ing bull[censored]! I am so sick of having to choose between dropping with my team in Faction Warfare and playing these damn challenges! WTF PGI!? Put these challenges as eligible in both modes! What do you get by keeping people out of Faction Warfare!?

Agreed. [bleep]ing Agreed. <_<

View PostMovinTarget, on 23 June 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

View PostRhialto, on 23 June 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Agreed, what would be the best thing is to have a simple button at the very top that takes you to the first currently active challenge.

Could either of you show me the post from PGI stating they updated to do this? I mean, I see the changes, and can understand their usefulness. But, I think I missed the In-Forums Update from PGI. :blink:

~Mr. D. V. "About damn time that I caught up on an Event Forum Thread!!!" Devnull

#315 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:55 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 June 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

Okay... Now where's your "Philanthropist" Title? Posted Image

PGI should have reset Clan Drop Deck Tonnages a long time ago, and turned them back up to '250 Invasion' with '55 Scouting'... Just goes to show how much PGI hates Clanners, letting the Inner Sphere have builds like 6 SRM BushWackers and 55-ton ECM Griffins, all while Clans are stuck at 50 Tons and their highest for ECM is 45 Tons. Posted Image

It likely does count... Unfortunately, this "Accuracy" portion of the Event Challenges is causing Team-ruining, Selfish GamePlay... Several times tonight, the enemy has managed to get around behind teams I've been on, and I end up dying even when the team is next to me and I'm telling them the enemy is tearing me apart. I'm beginning to think PGI should have done a different challenge based on "Savior Kill" at the same time, just to prevent Team-ruining behavior. I'm currently ending up being a "Clubbed Baby Seal" or "Hitting Puppy", instead of being able to earn for the Event Challenges. Posted Image

Agreed. [bleep]ing Agreed. Posted Image

Could either of you show me the post from PGI stating they updated to do this? I mean, I see the changes, and can understand their usefulness. But, I think I missed the In-Forums Update from PGI. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "About damn time that I caught up on an Event Forum Thread!!!" Devnull

Does not appear that they are announce web page enhancements, they are just doing them and we are giving them feedback.

#316 Flokoloko

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

A question to "Oh Canada Challenge". The task of this one is to "Achieve any five Challenges during Week 4". Week 4 allready started and I finished the "Accuracy Challenge 2" during this now running Week 4. But I didn`t get a point for the "Oh Canada Challenge".

So pls Check this and change the "Oh Canada Challenge" text to something like "Achive any five Challenges of the Week 4 pool" because the actual text is just wrong. Or Correct the counting of the challenges.

Edited by Flokoloko, 25 June 2017 - 12:18 AM.

#317 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:14 AM

"Rush Hour" is first challenge that counts toward "Oh Canada".

#318 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

Edited X-Post from General Discussion:

I'm not even sure if the event masters will see this, but it seems as good a place as any to put it. Only one day to win two matches isn't great, since it's easily possible to get a pretty bad losing streak through no fault of your own, not to mention that some people just may not be able to play on a particular night.

Thought I'd ask if the one-day challenges in Week 4 could be extended to 2, or even 3, days, or if the Accuracy and XP challenges could count toward the 5 required.

#319 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostTorezu, on 26 June 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Edited X-Post from General Discussion:

I'm not even sure if the event masters will see this, but it seems as good a place as any to put it. Only one day to win two matches isn't great, since it's easily possible to get a pretty bad losing streak through no fault of your own, not to mention that some people just may not be able to play on a particular night.

Thought I'd ask if the one-day challenges in Week 4 could be extended to 2, or even 3, days, or if the Accuracy and XP challenges could count toward the 5 required.

eh, it's only one of the 7 so even if you miss that one, the others are all achievably grindy ones.

#320 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostFlokoloko, on 24 June 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

A question to "Oh Canada Challenge". The task of this one is to "Achieve any five Challenges during Week 4". Week 4 allready started and I finished the "Accuracy Challenge 2" during this now running Week 4. But I didn`t get a point for the "Oh Canada Challenge".

So pls Check this and change the "Oh Canada Challenge" text to something like "Achive any five Challenges of the Week 4 pool" because the actual text is just wrong. Or Correct the counting of the challenges.

Additional Notes:
Eligible Challenges for 'Oh Canada! Challenge':
Rush Hour Challenge
Quick Play Victory Challenge
Heavy Duty Challenge
Assassination Challenge
Group Participation Challenge 2
Kapow Challenge
Trigger Happy Challenge

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users