What Happened To The Light Queue?

105 replies to this topic

#101 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostRuar, on 09 June 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Oh noes... someone doesn't like to use XL engines... obviously they don't know how to play the gamez

Haha of course that person doesnt know how its done right.

Speed is life.

Speed is life.

And more importantly: Speed is life.

If you cannot see that you are beyond redemption.

Running around in a light with 100 or less kph is just plain dumb. Takes away the one major advantage lights have. The ability to engage and disengage. The ability to choose when and where to engage. Which turns them into a major nasty threat int he first place.

The man or woman that does not understand that....well....lets put it diplomatically and just say that they by no means on any level know how to play the game.

#102 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

View Postoneda, on 11 June 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

The man or woman that does not understand that....well....lets put it diplomatically and just say that they by no means on any level know how to play the game.

Well, he does mostly know how to play the game. His scores are similar to mine, but here's the rub: I'm playing totally derpy 'Mechs. If I just stomped around in Locusts or Dragon 1Cs or Battlemaster 2Cs or Marauder IICs or Arctic Cheetahs all day, I'd have much higher scores.

So he knows how to do well in combat, he's just unaware of how badly he's handicapping himself with his own 'Mechs. That's the difference between me and him.

#103 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

it's these kinds comments that make someone sit there and be like "Yeah, I could try some different things, talk about my experience, and see what people think but why bother since they just want to make fun and mock".

So exactly why should anyone even attempt to learn someone else's point of view because apparently if you don't agree exactly then you on no level know how to play the game or you are badly handicapping yourself.

Because there is just no way people enjoy different playstyles and aren't actually trying to get the best score possible but instead just want to get the best score they can get while still enjoying the mech and the match. Maybe.

I have 469 matches in an Enforcer. Because that's a mech known for high scores.

Anyway, I tried out a bigger light. I provided my feedback. I reckon I'm done with this thread since apparently I can't play the game.

#104 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

View PostRuar, on 11 June 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

it's these kinds comments that make someone sit there and be like "Yeah, I could try some different things, talk about my experience, and see what people think but why bother since they just want to make fun and mock".

So exactly why should anyone even attempt to learn someone else's point of view because apparently if you don't agree exactly then you on no level know how to play the game or you are badly handicapping yourself.

The issue isn't you playing 'Mechs the way you like. The issue is there being objectively stronger ways to play those 'Mechs and you failing to acknowledge them when you advocate for changes that make the 'Mechs stronger for the mode you want to play them in. That's how you create overpowered monsters.

#105 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 11 June 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

The issue isn't you playing 'Mechs the way you like. The issue is there being objectively stronger ways to play those 'Mechs and you failing to acknowledge them when you advocate for changes that make the 'Mechs stronger for the mode you want to play them in. That's how you create overpowered monsters.

And yet... you didn't comment on any of the suggested changes. Neither did the other guy. You seem to stop at "not using an XL engine".

I know I'm giving up speed by not using an XL. None of my suggestions would be effected by a higher speed. I purposely stay away from comments about higher speeds because I know you can make the mechs go faster and I choose not to do that. I've played fast Assassins and it doesn't work for me so I don't play those builds. I do much better with standard engines than I do with XL's.

Please, look through my suggested changes and explain how they would make the larger lights OP. I'm truly interested in such a thing. However, you can't tell me that making the 35t lights go faster when people are talking about size changes. That's not a speed issue, it's an ability to be hit thing and that is solved with more armor. Especially since we know reducing the size plus adding speed causes hit registration problems.

#106 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostRuar, on 11 June 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

And yet... you didn't comment on any of the suggested changes. Neither did the other guy. You seem to stop at "not using an XL engine".

I told you already that if you mix your weapon loadout long range/short range that you will lack in both departments.
Why you add a large laser is beyond me anyway. The low gain in range doesn't get you anywhere and if you use it in close quarter fights you have to withdraw soon because of the head, drive-by-shooting...ok...but then what good is it? The LL has a longer duration than ML or MPL. Turn it like you want...you end up by handicapping yourself

Edited by Bush Hopper, 11 June 2017 - 12:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users