Did The Skill Tree Make Your Mechs Loadouts Change?

28 replies to this topic

#1 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Did the Skill Tree make your Mechs Loadouts change?

if so from what to what

I changed the load out for the Linebacker from streaks to lasers
played around with the Cyclops (then gave up since it was costing to much)

for the most part no load outs have changed

#2 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

nope most stayed identical. BUT then again i only skilled less then 20 mechs because i cant be bother to level 100+ mech on the clickerwarrior tree. And this probably stays like that until there preset tree or i finaly get bored to limit skilled mechs and either decide level another mech or play another game.

#3 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

I been skilling up Mechs here and there and some times not all nodes

that way I don't go crazy and throw the PC out the window

#4 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

It has not changed them at all.

However, some builds have become more tedious to run based on how I like my skill trees, meaning some run hotter or turn slower, etc.

Yet some builds/mechs have become significantly better for me. Again, going back, my Huntsman has been buffed greatly. I can now use it much, much, much better than it was before the new skill tree.

#5 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

Other than popping AMS into everything over 50 tons not really.

Edited by Dago Red, 07 June 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#6 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

You know the skill tree really didn't change anything on mine for the most part. But i think i am more waiting for new tech.

BUT i have been playing around with adding armor/JJ, and playing with engine size slightly for some extra heatsinks. (but that is more to do with the heat changes, but the ST has kinda helped in pushing me into doing it) Basically spend a few points, get same jump hight, spend some points shave a little armor to fit something, like maybe 1/2 ton of ammo, extra heat sink, or the like.

So while in most mechs it hasn't, maybe a few i have tweaked a little.

So lets say, 90/10 :)

Now New tech, that will be another story, but honestly i swear so many of my mechs are just getting a slightly larger LFE with a couple extra heat sinks lol

#7 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

Nope.

#8 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

It's probably effected almost every one of my ammo based mechs, be it SRMs or ACs/LBs/Gauss. A number of energy based mechs have had some minor changes. The way I play a lot of mechs have been effected as well.

#9 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

I've made little optimizations to several of my mechs. Ammo-based builds have traded a little ammo weight for more armor or another heat sink. A few ECM builds dropped that equipment in favor of something else, to avoid paying the node tax in the sensor tree.

Basically, I'm doing exactly the kind of min-maxing that eighty-one-thousand nodes was supposed to stop.

#10 Wyald Katt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHell (aka Florida)

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

No. You skill the nodes to the loadout you use.

#11 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

I change my mech builds all the time anyways, so... maybe? I mean, I changed some builds specifically because of the skill tree (primarily due to things like engine decoupling, and +ammo nodes, which allow builds to be viable that weren't before)... But to be fair, I'd change builds around anyways because that's my favourite part of the game.

#12 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

not at all

#13 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

None. Cuz I am not playing any of my old (existing at the time the skills tree dropped) mechs. Shelved all 159 IS mechs until PGI stops mucking with quirks, nodes, tech and other balance features for more than a month at a time. I just refuse to play the pick 91 nodes mini game only to have pgi change the rules of the game every month and then charge me to play again because of their planned changes (that they keep us in the dark about).

When there is some semblance of stability (I'm guessing September-ish) I'll play them again and I doubt any builds will change unless energy rebalance really screws them over.

#14 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

Yes, but it's had way more of an impact on the Mechs I would use more than anything. For example I won't be running my CN9-AL's or a couple of my Thunderbolts for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: On the flip side it has brought renewed interest in some Mechs I had abandoned. Such as my Jester Catapult whose purchase I regretted immediately is now pretty solid.

Edited by Grey Ghost, 07 June 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#15 Stonekeg

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 69 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSouthern Cali

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:28 PM

Where it really shines for me is in the mixed loadouts with similar weapons. Here's what I mean. I can now run a few choice lasers, and a mix of SRM 4/6 without worrying about fitting 3 sets of modules in a space built for 2.

#16 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

Just adding AMS to anything that can carry it. Outside of dedicated AMS mechs, AMS overload wasn't worth a module slot before the skill tree, but it's well worth 5 nodes to max the skill now.

#17 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

Almost all of my mechs with ammo have changed. It's nice getting an extra ton or so to play with.

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

I built the skill tree around my builds, not the other way around. But it is true that dakka builds are weaker than ever.

#19 Cold Darkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

the skilltree in itself didnt change the loadouts (aside from armordistribution). what changed loadouts for me is the reduction of quirks and especially the engine-agility decoupling. that changed alot.

#20 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

Not really. Disported in the hbk 4g. Even with most the fire power tree active it still dies and loses the rt fast since I did no survival on it. The hbk gi however with survival and mobility and very few fire power seems to play and live a lot longer.

As for all my lights I used the panther with fire power and kinetic burst. A few jenners with mobility and survival. I find mechs with survival last longer than ones without. I haven't touched my precious cptl-c1 (F) It use to be the best lrm/med range skirmisher I had pre skill tree. Seeing my brother use the lrm c1 build and doing ok has me thinking I might go full sensors and missile fire power tree. What ever left will be mech ops for cooling.

Edited by JediPanther, 07 June 2017 - 03:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users