Rifleman Iic Awareness Thread; After So Many Years It's Finally Here!

BattleMechs

361 replies to this topic

#341 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

View PostMc Dye O Reddy, on 24 February 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

so will this have sensor/range quirks?

Most likely if they go by lore "quirks". The mech has a standard cBAP if we are talking about the battletech Rifleman IIC, which I could see translating to increased sensor ranges in MW:O since the radar dish will have to serve some kind of purpose, since none of the variants come standard with a cBAP now. Think cyclops quirks for sensor ranges.

As for the range quirks, all Rifleman IIC variants retained their IS Rifleman Garret D2J fire control systems so most likely that will translate to a 10% range quirk in MW:O. So expect increased sensor ranges and a range boost, plus whatever quirks that might pertain to it's stock load out weaponry. I'm not 100% sure that PGI will retain these quirks but most likely they will.

The Warhammer IIC was supposed to get reduced crit chance in the side torsos by default (the DHS inside the WHM-IIC by lore 'blanketed' the fusion engine so it made extremely durable). I hope PGI still implements this quirk in all of the WHM-IIC chases, but I do exceptionally well with the Bludgeon so I can't complain. Going back on topic, expect those two quirks listed above for the RFL-IIC but don't be surprised if PGI has something else in mind.

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

This 'Mech completely undermines the position currently occupied by the JM6-DD (thanks for those artificially under-armored, gigantic arms PGI) and even threatens the NTG, low engine cap and all.

We'll see. Even with speed tweak it's gonna go 63 kmph for the 1, 3, 4 and hero variants. It would still be nice to bump that engine cap to an 260 to go 64.8 kmph, but I can live with the slower speeds as it personally doesn't bother me. I think quirks are going to be the major key selling point to the lower engine restricted models, but we really can't judge until we see the in game model and what quirks PGI decides to give them.

Everyone was crying bloody murder over the WHM-IIC Bludgeon hero, but I can manage to do over 1,000 damage with several kills in QP with it. The vocal minority will probably cry about the slow speeds of the Rifleman IIC until they get some real field time with the mech. Regardless I'm not worried, since worst case scenario I'm still getting my favorite mech from Battletech and I'll have those 3D models which will probably be gorgeous.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 24 February 2019 - 10:27 PM.

#342 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

Who was crying murder over the Bludgeon? I don't know anybody who thought it would be anything other than "meh".

I don't think the RFL-IIC is going to get many quirks except maybe a sensor range across the board and maybe a 10% energy range quirk on the base IIC variant. Frankly, as long as its agility isn't garbage, it won't need them either.

#343 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 February 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

Who was crying murder over the Bludgeon? I don't know anybody who thought it would be anything other than "meh".

I don't think the RFL-IIC is going to get many quirks except maybe a sensor range across the board and maybe a 10% energy range quirk on the base IIC variant. Frankly, as long as its agility isn't garbage, it won't need them either.

Alot of people were being sensational about it on the forums. Nothing new there.

#344 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

Send it

#345 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

Wow it capable using 60% of it free weight into the dual uac5/10 build, but man that 38 leg armor. Rifleman IIC already looking ready to challenge the Gyr.

#346 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 25 February 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Wow it capable using 60% of it free weight into the dual uac5/10 build, but man that 38 leg armor. Rifleman IIC already looking ready to challenge the Gyr.

Yeah with skill tree that would come up some. I'm more worried about the heat.

#347 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yeah that the only real problem I can see even tho we could drop a uac10 for another uac5 and use what free weight for more dhs, or go straight quad uac5 and laser back, it have alot of good options going for it just for one variant.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 25 February 2019 - 01:59 PM.

#348 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 25 February 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yeah that the only real problem I can see even tho we could a uac10 for another uac5 and use what free weight for more dhs, or go straight quad uac5 and laser back, it have alot of good options going for it just for one variant.

GH with 4 5s

#349 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

GH with 4 5s

0.4 heat is pretty negligible, though.

#350 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Three 5s, one 10? You can do that on the -2 and up the engine to 245 for only a half ton, plus it gains you some more ammo and an extra DHS or two. Or you can just ignore heat altogether and go with a 255 and triple LBX10 plus full JJs.

#351 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

All decent points. I'm still going to go all in and try that build though. First step will be to go down to 1 10 and 3 5s and see what happens.

Going to try 5 UAC2s on the -2.

#352 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

It's aesthetically unappealing and probably inferior to the Warhammer IIc .

#353 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 25 February 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

It's aesthetically unappealing and probably inferior to the Warhammer IIc .

Two weight classes, and both require two different playstyles to make them work, also the WhammyIIC is gimped in the mobility apartment to the point, justifying running over a Hbr (that got two buffs in a row, and have not been touch since), and MADIIC only in durability since it geo make it tough to take down.

The RiflemanIIC I can see gonna be a nice challenger to the Night Gyr, and if able to dethrone it in the large firepower department in the heavy category.

#354 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:15 PM

Early in game screenshot of the Rifleman IIC:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#355 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:18 PM

No wonder the leg armour is so low. All of it went into toughening up those toes.

#356 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 March 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

No wonder the leg armour is so low. All of it went into toughening up those toes.

Low as in low armor value or low as in height? The mech was pretty damn tall in MW2 and as a TT miniature. I think in Fire at Will they described the Rifleman IIC being three stories tall, so around 30-45 feet. If you are referring to the leg armor of the mech, that is ironically where most of it's armor value is stored for the mech besides the center torso.

#357 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 12 March 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Low as in low armor value or low as in height?

I meant that the silhouette makes the leg easy to hit, especially since the speed is so slow for that mech. The fattened lower actuators or whatever you call it looks like it's easy to target. But I made a poor attempt at creating that joke about toes.

#358 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:06 AM

Some blue prints of the geometry was released for the early adoption rewards count down. I hope those side torsos aren't going to be final in those blue prints (maybe it's over sized to show off the possible hard points?), although I am really digging the tanky look that it has with it's shielded side arms.

Posted Image

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 23 March 2019 - 10:08 AM.

#359 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

Well those arms look liek they cover that whole side profile quite nicely, if it got good agility that than can really take some hits for a while. Just gotta do some testing to see the hitboxes is ingame.

#360 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:00 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 23 March 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

Well those arms look liek they cover that whole side profile quite nicely, if it got good agility that than can really take some hits for a while. Just gotta do some testing to see the hitboxes is ingame.

Let's hope it doesn't get the Warhammer IIC treatment. It's gonna be slow with the exceptions of 2 and A so we'll have to see how the agility is.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users