If I win, 10/10, if I lose 0/10.

That's how it works, right? Posted Image

#42 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

90% of matches are stomps. Wins and loses go in row, e.g. 5 stomp wins, 5 stomp defeats.

In summary, it kills all the joy.

#43 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:02 AM

I'd say around 95% of matches are won or lost within the first 60 seconds of the game. Then it either goes 12-1 or 1-12. Disconnects happen virtually every match. Best case scenario, both teams have 1 disconnect. Worst case, one team has two. Competitive matches are very rare.

#44 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 14 June 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Well I have to qualify this first. I ONLY play on the NA server which slows down my match searching.

Searching - 9/10. I usually never have to wait more than a minute or so no matter what class of mine I play. Also even when it does run long, it is rarely if ever long enough that I start to get impatient.

Quality of Match - 7/10 - Honestly most aren't to bad though I, like everyone, get teams that are just plain clueless however I don't blame the MM on this. I mean you can get 12 Tier 1 players on your team and each and every one of them will think they know best because they are "LEET" and none of them will work together to accomplish anything. That is a team failure, not a MM failure.

Also as several have mentioned, you have to define a close match. For me a close match is one where the battle is very active and lasts for most of the timers duration. Kill counts don't really matter because a 12-5 match can be close if those remaining 7 mechs are being held together by bailing wire, duct tape and spit. At least 70% of the matches I am involved in are like that with maybe 20% kind of wishy-washy were the team isn't gelling on one side or the other. Only about 10% or less come off to me as completely lopsided and broken, if that.

As a locust pilot, I agree with this.

#45 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

All your answers are in this thread: https://mwomercs.com...__fromsearch__1

Tarogato did the maths, the community had the debates, but bottom line is the MM is doing about as well as it can given the constraints of the system and game population.

My conclusion from that discussion was:
"When we discussed this previously, what jumped out at me was the balance in pretty much all the measurable metrics. My personal tl;dr is that when you get stomped, your team played together poorly as a team while the other team did much better. If you've ever played comp, you know how much a couple of minor mistakes in teamplay can snowball into an embarrassing stomp.

Left your assaults? Went YOLO too early in that brawler? Got strung out while moving? Didn't share armor? ggclose, scrubs. Don't blame the matchmaker (except in jest, cause that's always funny). "

Edited by Khereg, 15 June 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#46 Baba Yogi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 452 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostKhereg, on 15 June 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

All your answers are in this thread: https://mwomercs.com...__fromsearch__1

Tarogato did the maths, the community had the debates, but bottom line is the MM is doing about as well as it can given the constraints of the system and game population.

My conclusion from that discussion was:
"When we discussed this previously, what jumped out at me was the balance in pretty much all the measurable metrics. My personal tl;dr is that when you get stomped, your team played together poorly as a team while the other team did much better. If you've ever played comp, you know how much a couple of minor mistakes in teamplay can snowball into an embarrassing stomp.

Left your assaults? Went YOLO too early in that brawler? Got strung out while moving? Didn't share armor? ggclose, scrubs. Don't blame the matchmaker (except in jest, cause that's always funny). "

This topic is about personal rating of matchmaking system guys, lets keep things close to topic. Just asking about time to search, and overall rating of match quality.

#47 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

w/l is 1ish. so its working. though i have my doubts about a system that fixes games thusly. every time a stomp happens, its because the game wanted a stomp to happen. any feelings of superiority/inferiority this causes you are entirely false. its just what the game does to keep your w/l at one.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 June 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#48 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Since skill tree I have had more close games than I ever remember having in this game and I have been playing since CB.

That said, the current ranking system needs an overhaul. There have been several times where I get killed early but my team wins despite this and my ranking goes up. Other times I'm the only person on my team to even get a kill or two and my ranking goes down. Makes no sense what so ever and feels more like a "hours spent playing" meter than anything.

#49 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

Stomp.

Stomp.

Stomped.

Stomp.

Stomped.

Stomped.

Stomped.

Time runs out.

Stomp.

Pretty much sums up solo que at times.

#50 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

some times I drop with the Lakota those are go times, and some times with the 7th Cavalry ...sigh.........

#51 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

When you cook, it's the chef's skill and the quality of available ingredients.

But if you have a shortage (or absence) of every ingredient, it almost doesn't matter what the chef's skill is.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users