• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostMadRover, on 16 June 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

pretty much. thank PGI for going backwards with this patch

It's going to be tough to tell what the exact outcome will be for the dear gargoyles and novas. The small pulse lasers will have a smaller punch, but they will deliver that punch more frequently and thus give reason to maintain that time spent in spitting distance. The standard lasers (er as well) will have that stronger punch but remain less frequent which will cater more to players who are poking or using cover much more actively.

I think we may see the birth of more varied brawling styles out of the small standard and pulse laser changes. Still too early to tell though.

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 16 June 2017 - 11:32 PM.

#22 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

RIP Mr Gargles

A cSPL was expected...but we didn't expect them to use the hot trash isSL as the Small Laser balance point
The isSL which has remained worthless since its doubled heat five years ago

A weapon which in itself was buffed to an isERSL, is still worthless.
That's being used as a balance point

#PGIplzno
A middle ground would have proven more effective. I guess I can throw my Vipers away for a month. Hopefully HSLs aren't as bad.

#23 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 16 June 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

It's going to tell what the exact outcome will be for the dear gargoyles and novas. The small pulse lasers will have a smaller punch, but they will deliver that punch more frequently and thus give reason to maintain that time spent in spitting distance. The standard lasers (er as well) will have that stronger punch but remain less frequent which will cater more to players who are poking or using cover much more actively.

I think we may see the birth of more varied brawling styles out of the small standard and pulse laser changes. Still too early to tell though.

look at the stat tables, its a flat nerf for a mech that is only just about viable in its own niche. sure a good team and a good player can still run it but its population stats will take a pretty big hit

#24 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 16 June 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

look at the stat tables, its a flat nerf for a mech that is only just about viable in its own niche. sure a good team and a good player can still run it but its population stats will take a pretty big hit

Has the Gargoyle ever been popular? It's one of my favorites and I still consistently use it, but I can't say that I see many on the battlefield in general.

#25 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 16 June 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

Has the Gargoyle ever been popular? It's one of my favorites and I still consistently use it, but I can't say that I see many on the battlefield in general.

no, much like the executioner, its only brought out with a very narrow set of builds and play style which will be hit pretty hard by this patch so expect even less. i love these guys :(

#26 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

You know what? These are great patch notes!!!

<<Sends refund request for new mech packs>>

#27 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

cant believe they nerfed the Black Knights again...

#28 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

2016 MWOWC players: I can't believe how bad this format is

2017 MWOWC: hold my beer!

#29 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

Awesome!!! TWO new maps in this patch! Not as many as I expected, and fewer than we wanted, but that's progress!

Jazz hands!
Posted Image

Also, glad you finally read the complaints from 2015 and finally got around to hammering the clans into the ground. (Do you guys even play the game? If Clans won Tukayyid, it's not because they had better tech...)

Edited by Peiper, 16 June 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#30 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

Champion 'Mechs (and Trials), and other Special variants are not eligible for use in Competitive Play.

This is a big mistake. There is nothing wrong with champions and special variants for competitive play. They are functionally identical to standard variants. They should be allowed, unless you (PGI) are intentionally cheesing your way into making competitive players have to buy more variants of mechs.

#31 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

I feel like a lot of Clan players are just assuming that Clan lasers got nerfed after they see the SPL. But both sides had a few nerfs and buffs.

I mean, that SPL nerf was a long time coming, and perhaps the overall nerfs to Clan Meds were (Maybe?) needed, but... Both Clan Large Lasers got buffed, and the IS LPL got nerfed.

I'd say the Night Gyr was fine without yet another nerf, but the Marauder IIC kind of deserved it in a way. The massive nerfs to the 4SP Hunchback and 2C Battlemaster are... Extreme, at least on paper.

Edited by Catten Hart, 16 June 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#32 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

Lazers *eye roll*

Looks good on paper, and you can tell the metrics are mainly gathered from potatoes who **** around hiding until an open mech appears.

I'll just put 3 large pulse on all my IS mechs... and any other build can go F itself.

Edited by LORD ORION, 16 June 2017 - 09:22 PM.

#33 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Well there goes my black knight sniper build...

#34 Black Cat Watching

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

I am assuming this was not a spur of the moment "balance" (I note that that may not be a good assumption), if that was the case, and this was a nerf you were intending all along, why didn't do it before the skill tree patch? Had I known that this was what you were up to, I would have skill up on heat management - instead now I need to spend more skill points to reconfigure my clan mechs.

Oh wait - I get it - that was pure genius - you guys got me to waste my skill points! Kudos to you.

#35 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

So Clan small pulse lasers now have higher heat per second, lower alpha, and lower dps?
What?
I think someone did not know the meaning of balance!!

I mean.. you wanted to reduce the DPS and upfront damage of the C-SPL, but why make it hotter (heat per second)?
PGI, you are not making any sense!

#36 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

Also, percentage based skill tree means that it will even have less effect on the C-SPL duration, heat and cooldown

gg pgi

#37 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 16 June 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

So Clan small pulse lasers now have higher heat per second, lower alpha, and lower dps?
What?
I think someone did not know the meaning of balance!!

I mean.. you wanted to reduce the DPS and upfront damage of the C-SPL, but why make it hotter (heat per second)?
PGI, you are not making any sense!

Looks like it was balanced purely by metrics, which means majority data gathered from ACH/Nova performance.
There is no way in hell I'll be using my 2x UAC10 + 3x Small Pulse Ebon Jag anymore, it was already suffering from introduction of survival skill tree.

Edited by LORD ORION, 16 June 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#38 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Why not? At least we get something like 26% damage advantage compared to the C-ERSL. And all it costs us are range, heat efficiency and 100% more weight. How is that not making sense?

#39 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostBlack Cat Watching, on 16 June 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

I am assuming this was not a spur of the moment "balance" (I note that that may not be a good assumption), if that was the case, and this was a nerf you were intending all along, why didn't do it before the skill tree patch? Had I known that this was what you were up to, I would have skill up on heat management - instead now I need to spend more skill points to reconfigure my clan mechs.

Oh wait - I get it - that was pure genius - you guys got me to waste my skill points! Kudos to you.

As predicted, people who stuck around were engaged with exploring skill tree and blew most of their XP experimenting.
These people are soon to quit when they realize how expensive respec is.

#40 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

Wow, C-ERSL now got same duration as IS-LL and IS-ERLL. Kinda funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users