Patch Notes - 1.4.120 - 20-Jun-2017

439 replies to this topic

#61 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:53 AM

Not the Urbie Arm!

#62 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

When it comes to the Clans, we feel it's important to maintain the power they are known for and to honor the lethal heritage by which they are defined.

So rotten heritage of energy draw lives. Long live clan laser overlords! Death to the filthy IS lasers! Bleh.

View PostJENNER llC, on 16 June 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

this is a pretty brutal nerf for some clan lights & mediums<...>

it isn't brutal, not really. ER small were already better than spls, these changes merely reinforces that.
Changes to IS smalls however once again indicates that PGI have no idea what and how they want to achieve.

#63 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:06 AM

View PostLorginir, on 17 June 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

So rotten heritage of energy draw lives. Long live clan laser overlords! Death to the filthy IS lasers! Bleh.

it isn't brutal, not really. ER small were already better than spls, these changes merely reinforces that.
Changes to IS smalls however once again indicates that PGI have no idea what and how they want to achieve.

hold it right there dude.
ER Smalls were always better than SPLs?

please don't say this anywhere other than these forums

#64 Hydrothermia

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

Design Notes: Out of all the weapons monitored over the past few months, Small Pulse Lasers have proved to be the biggest outlier on both the Clan and Inner Sphere side. While we want this weapon to focus on high DPS for its tonnage, its previous tuning led it to massively over-perform against other Small Laser and Medium Laser builds. This was due to a combination of its upfront damage, short duration, superior DPS, and its sustained Heat efficiency.

We have therefore tuned the Damage and Cooldown properties of the IS Small Pulse Laser to keep a similar profile of sustained Damage potential, but with a a DPS more reliant on multiple follow-up strikes. This leaves the realm of higher single burst Damage to multiple Small, ER Small, and Medium lasers. Additionally, Small and ER Small Lasers have been tuned to bring them closer in line with the rest of the available options.

I'm looking at the clan small pulse weapon balance pass and I don't see a written reason behind the change, only that it's been altered. It doesn't exhibit the norms of how regular and pulse lasers work, I would understand if they had reduced the damage of clan small and clan small pulse by a point of damage with no other changes because that would coincide with the current norms. The only logic I can see in making clan small pulse lasers do less damage then clan small lasers is that they're prepping for July's Civil War patch with additional weapons being released.

The are some other issues floating about, mobility specifically, but I'm not going to delve into that since I don't have the expertise in most of the mechs affected by it.

Whoever is doing the weapon pass doesn't seem to play the game much if not at all and only looks at the data to make these decisions. Also it doesn't seems that they are tested against other weapons, but dealt with individually. Is there not a Q&A that actually tests this out before it goes live?

Edited by Hydrothermia, 17 June 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#65 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

I like the decal "If you can read this, you're too close."

#66 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:53 AM

PGI Ofiice

"Hey guys, tier 5-3 are complaining about these hard to hit OP light mechs, especially the ACH is too squishy and small of a target"... "Yeah, we balanced it around the CSPL, and it loses half its loadout when looked at..." "But people ARE DYING OUT THERE! CSPL is too stronk, we have to destroy light mechs to make this game enjoyable for everyone"...

Patchnotes released.

People point it out.

Patch released with no changes because noone at PGI gave a ****.

Two weeks after patch release in a tier 2-1 match

"What where ACH again? I heared they were a thing once..."

#67 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 17 June 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

hold it right there dude.
ER Smalls were always better than SPLs?

please don't say this anywhere other than these forums

Truth hurts? Poor little thing.

#68 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for posting the match notes.

I see you nerfed all of my IS FP Mechs. Can't have IS winning FP matches now, can we.

#69 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:01 AM

Behold yet another display of total fkn cluelessness ...

LOL ... "competitive" mode. With teams being forced to play ~2/3 of their matches not on their region servers. Because we all know that netcode is so great that it doesn't matter if you play with 50 ping or 150 ping, right? And because it doesn't matter that some matches are going to be decided by whichever team has less disconnects and lag on your precious NA server, right? But of course it is working fine and you see no problems on your end, so ...

Quirk changes are also so precious ... "We removed most of the quirks from c-bill variants and applied them on new hero mechs instead. Enjoy." ... can your scam be a little less blatant maybe?

HPG changes! ... Did anyone fkn asked you to do any changes? There is a reason people are voting for this map. Once again you take a perfectly fine map and fubar it when nobody asked you to. If you want to "fix" smth go fix your idiotic FP maps that are nothing but chokepoint galore, make as many gates as you fkn want there.

You seem to strife so hard to make it less than Minimally ViableTM ... just fkn pathetic.

#70 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:10 AM

<*reads patch notes, reads through thread, realizes they're too mentally tired to quote anyone right now, and skips emotes for yet another post...*>

Well, go figure... PGI could have done something really simple to balance Weapons. (e.g. "Merely extend LRM Baseline Range to 950 Meters, AND boost all Armor Values by 1.5x on all the Mechs") Instead, they apply an oversized nerf to far too many things, and make people want to "facedesk".

Those who use Ballistics will now be getting away with bloody murder... Overkill Advantage to ballistic snipers, and high-caliber brawlers here... BAD... Seeing only support by PGI for Meta-type Weapons here.

Those using Energy are probably going to turn into a pale second... Except maybe the PPC Mid-Range and PPC Sniper crowds... again BAD... Another spot where only Meta-type Weapons are getting support.

SRMs will be balanced by AMS finally... Well, that's one positive note... At least the SRM brawlers can't be as out-of-hand now with their huge splats? Although, wait a minute... I thought I heard something about AMS not working on Non-Streaks?

Unfortunately, LRMs are now going to be more USELESS than before due to a complete lack of built-in Range/'Spread Reduction'/Velocity/'Missile Health', which means that "Anti-LRM Whiners" get away with more junk. Worse, anyone running less than 3 'LRM5' or 2 'LRM10' are probably going to find their LRMs now totally chewed up by just a single AMS, directly because of the AMS Range Extension. If the target of a LRM user is running multiple AMS units, even burst firing simply won't help... Between the Spread issues and lack of Velocity, their missiles will simply be eaten or wave too wide, and therefore NEVER hit... I was already having serious trouble making 3x LRM15+Artemis remain effective, but this will thoroughly put it in a grave... Horrid, just horrid.

Apparently there must be no such thing as a "Balanced Combat Square"? Is there no thought going on at PGI currently to actually provide insertion points ahead of time for the Upcoming "Civil War" Tech? Worse, I'm getting the sad impression that PGI must be incapable of telling the "Anti-LRM Whiners" to quote-unquote "Learn to find a Terrain Feature to dive behind"???

Now, I'm sure I heard something about PGI only trying to keep the game going for "Another 7 Years"... I think that's about all they'll get at this rate... I've tried repeatedly to warn about errors and mistakes, PGI hasn't corrected most of them, so the only thing that will teach them is when it all burns down. Yeah, I expect a severe decrease in population after this Patch happens.

~D. V. "I'm just going to *facedesk* now, and get back to the battlefield while anyone's still there." Devnull

#71 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:15 AM

Wow, so PGI thinks that light mechs are ok? Maybe they should play their game more often because a 35t mech has hardly any chance to stay out of a firing arc of even most assaults for a meaningful span of time because they lack accel/decl/turn - and in case of heavies it is next to impossible (Most likely because some peeps whine about locusts and commandos). Brawling is dead and all what is done in this game is peek-a-booing.

Also nevermind that a heavy (Linebacker) has better agility values than a lot of light mechs weighing 30t less. Of course, here are exceptions totally ok.

But hey, no worries, the laser nerfs hit again several light mechs hard. Nevermind, though, that in most matches you see 0-2 light mechs. So I guess "Mission Accomplished".

Edited by Bush Hopper, 17 June 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#72 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:19 AM

Looks good honestly guys. Ignore the misplaced and presumptuous rage, "make your scam less blatant" lol, funny jokes.

It would be sweet to see the overall new energy weapon stats compared to the old ones, it looks like we are missing info about ranges and the like even though ranges are mentioned as a point of balance in the weapons. I am left unsure whether there have been changes there or not.

#73 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:20 AM

So what has been done to the IS PPC and ERPPC? As far as looking the provided stats table IS ppcs are unchanged while Clan ERPPC gets a heat buff, which makes IS ERPPC even more useless.

#74 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:20 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 17 June 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

Wow, so PGI thinks that light mechs are ok? Maybe they should play their game more often because a 35t mech has hardly any chance to stay out of a firing arc of even most assaults for a meaningful span of time because they lack accel/decl/turn - and in case of heavies it is next to impossible (Most likely because some peeps whine about locusts and commandos). Brawling is dead and all what is done in this game is peek-a-booing.

Also nevermind that a heavy (Linebacker) has better agility values than a lot of light mechs weighing less than 30t. Of course, here are exceptions totally ok.

But hey, no worries, the laser nerfs hit again several light mechs hard. Nevermind, though, that in most matches you see 0-2 light mechs. So I guess "Mission Accomplished".

As I have lately to explain sarcasm in this forum: This, dear PGI, was sarcasm.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 17 June 2017 - 02:21 AM.

#75 NobCat

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:39 AM

Typo?

HPG manifold has also undergone the following changes, partly due to the introduction of these new lanes.
Assault Game Mode
Base Capture Points have been relocated to G3 and D8, respectively.

Posted Image

#76 Maruku Meshima

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:40 AM

Battletech? was is this? we play Mechwarrior Online! this is not Battletech!
*ironic on* If you want to play a game with Rules and Background from Battletech more than Mechwarrior Online? just play another game like Tetris or Astroid! *ironic off*

sorry but i`m more than a year in this game and all i see is lose of Battletech background and rules...

Seven real live friends and 16 Online friends have stopped play this game because of the whole patches and end of Background loyalty !

Hello Mister Trump! Make fake rules and background great again!

next step all houses and clans can play in factionplay every Mech is or clan! only Weaponsystems and Equipment can not mixed!

Love the Trumpstyle! ;-)

ps:
Posted Image

Edited by Maruku Meshima, 17 June 2017 - 02:50 AM.

#77 Ukos

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:46 AM

Delightful changes....

Why on earth give the firestarter structure quirks as nearly every other mech they have given structure quirks to they have at a later patch performed a one to one swap for armour in the same locations. So why go round the houses to give them structure, why not give the firestarters armour to begin with?

Reduction in the effectiveness of short range lasers, great another push to NA style mechwarrior hide at long range and poke.

King Crabs lets give them more lrm quirks to encourage more pilots to put lrms on ballistic brawlers...

At least they managed to keep lrms at the correct range bands.

GRR rant over

#78 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

Mmh despite needing to change some of my key builds the weapon changes seem reasonable as a package, though the rage aimed at changes to weapons we all used as they were clearly better is highly amusing. I wonder at time about peoples ages as the lack of ability to adapt implies a lot of people are 70+... while the shrieking and rage implies 3-4.

Quid pro quo some of those mech changes are odd and clearly aimed totally at niche competitive builds.

#79 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:57 AM

As of this patch, Game Mode selection in the Tug Of War bar now operates on a 'weighted-random' selection system. While a specific Game Mode may still be weighted to a distinct phase of the Tug of War, Faction Play Invasion matches will now have a random chance of running any of the other Invasion Game Modes.

Subarashii !!!!

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 June 2017 - 02:57 AM.

#80 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 June 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

New Lanes in HPG Manifold

A new middle-approach lane has been added for both Teams, providing easier access to the center of HPG when approaching from the Bravo spawn. The previous system of two lanes per-Team, both on either side of their respective spawn areas, was prone to causing needless scattering of Lances in Solo or loosely-coordinated matches, and required Bravo Lance to travel a considerably greater distance before being able to group up with the rest of the Team.
You can see these new lanes reflected in the BattleGrid below.
Posted Image

HPG manifold has also undergone the following changes, partly due to the introduction of these new lanes.
Assault Game Mode
Base Capture Points have been relocated to G3 and D8, respectively.
Conquest Mode
Capture Points have been overhauled to better function in the context of these new paths.
Incursion Mode
Turrets have been added on top of the walls directly surrounding each Team Base to prevent sniping of key Base elements from those areas of the wall. These special Turrets are equipped with 4 Clan Medium Pulse Lasers, and will only engage Enemy 'Mechs if the 'Mech is on top of the wall and can acquire line of sight to key Base elements. These Turrets boast significantly inflated Health values, and are functionally invulnerable.
These Turret additions for HPG Incursion are less to do with the addition of the new lanes, and more to do with requiring a direct base incursion to attack the Enemy Base on HPG.

So even less emphasis on teamplay, communication and positioning? No more advantages in a single map for equipping jumpjets to clear out of danger? Even more emphasis on the same old more of the same?

Hint: You could have just centralized the spawns, which you should have done anyway long ago. That way, PEOPLE would be able to choose where and when to group or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users