67 replies to this topic

#21 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

View PostQueenBlade, on 24 June 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

After Map launch sadly. Just like it is in Quick Play.

So you're splitting guys into lances not even knowing where they're actually going?

#22 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

https://maps.mrbcleague.com:8443/

2 minutes to plan as fast as you can

#23 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 24 June 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

https://maps.mrbcleague.com:8443/

2 minutes to plan as fast as you can

LMAO. Well....part of the reason we're not in yet, is we're trying to have SOME semblance of a gameplan for each map already determined. Cuz, let's face it...we're gonna burn that entire two minutes on arguing about the mechs that work lol.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 25 June 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#24 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 24 June 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

LMAO. Well....part of the reason we're not in yet, is we're trying to have SOME semblance of a gameplan for each map already determined. Cuz, let's face it...we're gonna burn that entire too minutes on arguing about the mechs that work lol.

We jumped in and played EmP all night for the experience, especially since we had 5 players that have never played comp before. As expected, we went 0/11, but learned a lot. Since there were only the two teams dropping, whichever team went into queue first was team 1.

Don't really care about what our team elo will be at this point.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 25 June 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#25 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 25 June 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

We jumped in and played EmP all night for the experience, especially since we had 5 players that have never played comp before. As expected, we went 0/11, but learned a lot. Since there were only the two teams dropping, whichever team went into queue first was team 1.

I think once everyone gets over the EmP/228BW/Oz etc hump, the experience will normalize quite a bit and folks can learn from a more appropriate level of experience. Folks have brought up the "beatdown" factor as being bad for morale and that you cannot often learn from those matches because you just get beaten too quickly.

But if you can get past that "intro to comp" queue, I think teams can learn alot from the experience. We're fielding multiple teams based on increased interest in comp play, not lessened and both of our MRBC teams took significant lumps this season. I think there's alot to be said for earning your place the hard way, and if folks are actually interested in comp play, not just mouthpieces for it (cuz it's where the cool kids are), they'll know they've gotta earn their way in.

#26 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

At this point you're technically qualified for the Regional Finals, congrats!

#27 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

If that is actually the case, that is poor design.

#28 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 June 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

If that is actually the case, that is poor design.

Typical PGI, but that was indeed the case. When we went in queue first and then EmP joined up, we were team 1, and EmP got first ban. When they were first, they were team 1, and we got first ban. Not sure how it would actually work if say 10 teams jumped in at the same time

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 25 June 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#29 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

di d a few matches, would definetly agree with ops statements. getting cbills in it would definetly be a plus.

#30 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:30 PM

I was a huge supporter for a ranked mode, wish we had one just after beta, as it would have given heaps of players a reason to play MWO.
The problem with ranked mode there is zero reason to play the mode unless you are going to be in the top 5 teams wanting to get into world.

MRBC has shown PGI for years that there are heaps of lower skill teams that want to play a ranked type of game, they just need to apply the mode to suit the player base, not bring in a mode and ask the player base to change.

Why Ranked mode sucks.
  • No Cbills, Xp for any drops, If you are worry about people gaming your system, warn and ban them, don't screw over your player base for what you precise as a major threat to the system.
  • No ranking system per player, Ranked mode brings out people competitive mindset give people the chance to get better, play more and set goals they want to do.
  • No reason for lower skill/"beer" teams to play.
  • MWO ranked mode is nothing like any other rank mode I play. ( Which does not have to be a neagtive, but other ranked modes work)
Going to compare it to Dirty bomb ( This is the closest type of game I could find, being F2p and lower pop than MWO)

https://youtu.be/o3iAPXoXLkQ

https://www.dirtybom...anked-season-3/

I think some hard questions need to be asked and the players and devs need to work out what is the best for MWO now, not what we want to best to be.

Other games
  • Ranked mode games have smaller people on teams ( 6v6) and are open to solo, small groups and full groups.
  • Reward with in game currency ( Most give you more for playing)
  • Rewards for playing ranked mode ( win or loss, Loot boxes and end of season skins etc etc)
  • Community manager is more involved with the launch and drumming up support and hype.

Edited by live1991, 28 June 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#31 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

Well said Live.

100% behind what you say.

We could field 3 teams - however no one is interested for many of the reasons you've listed above. In fact most of the MRBC teams (and just look how many there are) have not signed up. Surely the fact that less than 5% have used comp mode shows that it really should be properly done and not this half-hearted attempt that it currently is.

#32 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

I have yet to log in and see more then 4 teams in Comp Que. Even then, thats not the norm, that the peak. I more often see 2 teams or 1 team.

I was hoping things would start picking up more, I am still hoping it does. I think Cbills will help, but not as much as people hope.

Let the burnout from MRBC settle and I am sure more teams will join.

#33 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

They are adding cbills in now. (baby steps, thanks PGI)

Lets hope they look at the whole mode and make it fun

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 June 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

In fact most of the MRBC teams (and just look how many there are) have not signed up

I have been asked by many teams in NA to start BFM as they wont beat the top 3 so what is the point playing.

Which i hate to hear about a comp mode :(

Edited by live1991, 29 June 2017 - 03:11 PM.

#34 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

and they never will with those attitudes

#35 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 29 June 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Correct, and they don't want to.

#36 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

Its not really possible for anyone to just get gud and start taking on EmP and such. Even if the top teams below EmP cannibalized each other to make 1 more all-star team people would probably still expect EmP to take 1st. Sometimes EmP is the only team in queue to fight. This is a problem right? The only way to smooth out that problem is to grow the population. People would be more willing to take turns getting curb stomped if there were 10+ other teams in queue.

I see a lot of potential for this mode beyond seeding for MWOWC. Its almost the CW we should have got 2 year ago. With some tweaks and maneuvering in just the right way FW becomes just a bucket that needs elimination.

#37 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

They should reward MC for comp queue. 15 MC per player per win, 5 MC per player per loss. They give away far more MC than that with grab bags, might as well do it for comp queue

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 29 June 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#38 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostUnited Airlines Security, on 29 June 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

I have yet to log in and see more then 4 teams in Comp Que.

Waiting in the queue (on the right) or just members of teams logged on (on the left). If it's the left, then... It's not even teams, could just be one player from a roster logged on.

View PostQueenBlade, on 29 June 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's an attitude problem.

Some people just play the game for fun and are happy to be in Div E, doesn't mean they have a attitude other than one seeking enjoyment.

#39 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

View Postlive1991, on 29 June 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

I have been asked by many teams in NA to start BFM as they wont beat the top 3 so what is the point playing.

Which i hate to hear about a comp mode Posted Image

I tried to get Russ to answer if there would be rewards for the top 12 teams. If bet if they split some of the funds up people would fight for a spot in the top 12.

At the point we're going so little teams anyone in can make the top 12 lol

#40 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 June 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Some people just play the game for fun and are happy to be in Div E, doesn't mean they have a attitude other than one seeking enjoyment.

Truth is div d-e players don't really learn by getting smash by top3 in 2-3 minutes. We have people on our team who we got into last mrbc matches with less then 2 months of play time. We needed them too because with life getting 8 people on at one time isn't easy. Its to bad our elo system doesnt work.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 29 June 2017 - 09:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users