#61 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostDarklightCA, on 06 July 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

The only thing that I would change about it is adding cbill earning for playing it.

That's already been done...

#62 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 06 July 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

That's already been done...

Last I played I did not get any cbills so I guess forgive me if I missed some form of hotfix or something...

#63 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

Yup cbills and caches are in now.

We got matches within 90s every time tonight (4 drops). It's starting to pick up. I feel a critical mass of energy is close at hand.

My one major complaint with the mode is not knowing the side until you land, forcing a mirrored approach to lance layouts which isn't always conducive for the maps. One side's layout/initial plan doesn't always mesh from the other side.

I didn't pay attention, but did they increase the timer to 3:00 prep? Like the 3:00 time limit. Feel will get faster at getting organized now that we've figured out the lance buttons etc.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 06 July 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#64 K O N D O

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 06 July 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

My one major complaint with the mode is not knowing the side until you land,

If your team bans first map, then you are Team 2.

#65 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

Good to know. Thanks Kondo.

#66 Veritae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

Holy ****, thanks Kondo! That didn't even occur to me. Cheers!

#67 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostK O N D O, on 11 July 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

If your team bans first map, then you are Team 2.

Yep, excellent game design. A lot of strats are based on what side of the map you are starting, and especially lance positioning is usually based on spawns. Quite pgi'ish to leave figuring this out to the players. Prob too difficult to add these kinds of info to the final setup window.

#68 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I don't understand the logic behind not offering C-Bills/XP for the competitive queue. Other games don't do this. Overwatch actually gives you its own special currency that you only get in competitive play in addition to the XP that you normally get.

Is it literally just a way to reduce currency that players are getting? Honestly after the skill tree I don't care about C-bills that much, but i have some friends that are competitive gamers that were trying to get into this game that definitely would. I just don't see the reasoning behind... at all.

The biggest mistake PGI is making with comp play is viewing it as an extant, insular community instead of looking at it as a seed that needs watered and grown.

Attempted adoption vs actual matriculation into comp/league play is likely less than 1,000 to 1. There's no excitement in the community about it. No path in place to progress into league play. You need league players interacting with "hopefuls" constantly. This is how esports scouts and recruits to leagues. In fact you need 3 healthy tiers of leagues - Nub, Mediocrity and Golden Uberleet.

Instead league play is this secret, separate thing with no easy way to get in or even way to develop the skills to approach nor any real way to help players on league teams find potentials other than "I know a guy".

My company actually pulled me in to help build reports for analytics on the prospects and potential value of sponsoring an esports team. I learned two things - one, TWO is actually more fun to watch and has more esports style depth than most the existing esports games. Look at Starcraft - massive esports following. Why? At an esports level it's very complex and strategic even if at a "pub" level it's very simple. Most people who played Starcraft never played like league play did but it was fun and strategic to watch.

Two, MWO has none of the framework in place to support it. You need a very easy, even enticing, entrance to league play. You need events and mechanics designed to help lead players into and through league play and help league teams find and recruit new people.

It's painful. It's not about expensive changes - not like it's tons of mechanics. Just that you make entrance and participation in league play easy and enticing. The current model of "If you're already in teams and player created leagues, here's a slightly easier way to play private matches against each other at random".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users