Steam Summer Sale 40% Off Performance Packs

82 replies to this topic

#41 SuperMouse

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

After this there is just one more tiny little thing. Info on the steam page sould be updated regarding damage with Steam Performance Pack II, because damage info has not been updated since the laser nerf. For examle: mist lynx doesn't do 24dmg but 16dmg out of the box, and so on.....
This realy is not an issue, but just post new build images whidout dmg tab.

#42 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

View Postcyb3rj4ck, on 23 June 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Serious question: how is the light pack a good deal? Most of what I've read about the Panther makes it seem like rubbish. Is it just the Mist Lynx that makes it good?

Panther 10K makes a great PPC light. I call mine Megaman. :) Mist Lynx, I don't know.

However you could opt get the 'other' steam light kit that has an Arctic Cheater and Raven 3L. Both of those are proven chassis.

However it's the 1 month of Premium, 1500MC, cockpit items, camo, colors and 2 mech bays that make it a great deal. You are effectively getting the (30% cbill) mechs for free at that point.

#43 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:55 AM

View Postcyb3rj4ck, on 23 June 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Serious question: how is the light pack a good deal? Most of what I've read about the Panther makes it seem like rubbish. Is it just the Mist Lynx that makes it good?

Skip that one, get the other one, with the Raven.

Raven gud.
ACH with Heavy Smalls or ER Smalls also gud.

#44 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:04 AM

I have bought the light, medium, heavy Steam packs and don't regret it at all great package for the money.

Now having said that I will give PGI a little tip.

#1 leave all past and future steam packs for sale at 40% off.
#2 place a new steam pack combo for sale every 3months that's 4 new steam packs a year or enlist 2 new steam packs per year.

Remember PGI you don't want to go back as a player and consumer and buy the same packs all year long players wont do it you need to give them new packages to get constant sales.

#45 Jamico

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

I ran into this problem before. I think it was last November. After downloading MWO directly, and not through Steam, I bought one of these packs (Warhawk and Zeus). With my terrible download speed, I didn't want to download the game a second time through Steam. I found a work-around, and got my new mechs without downloading the entire game again. So, I just bought the other assault bundle, and ... no mechs. I either need a new work-around, or to do the same one again, or I have to spend two days downloading a game I already have. If anyone knows of a work-around that will save me from that two day download, I would greatly appreciate it.

#46 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

PGI has responded to my inquiry and been honorable about their responsibilities. I'll not quote the entire message, as per agreement, but I can confirm that PGI has reacted with due diligence and left me a satisfied customer that feels reaffirmed in his opinion that PGI has stellar support.

#47 Giklab

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostJamico, on 23 June 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

I ran into this problem before. I think it was last November. After downloading MWO directly, and not through Steam, I bought one of these packs (Warhawk and Zeus). With my terrible download speed, I didn't want to download the game a second time through Steam. I found a work-around, and got my new mechs without downloading the entire game again. So, I just bought the other assault bundle, and ... no mechs. I either need a new work-around, or to do the same one again, or I have to spend two days downloading a game I already have. If anyone knows of a work-around that will save me from that two day download, I would greatly appreciate it.

You don't have to redownload, it's the same game. Install through Steam, close Steam, move files, launch game through steam.

#48 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 23 June 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

PGI has responded to my inquiry and been honorable about their responsibilities. I'll not quote the entire message, as per agreement, but I can confirm that PGI has reacted with due diligence and left me a satisfied customer that feels reaffirmed in his opinion that PGI has stellar support.

Posted Image

Post is updated now with the accurate content
Thanks for your feedback and thanks for picking up steam Packs
They really are a great deal at 40% off the bundle pricing... also Regional Pricing is a bonus.

#49 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 23 June 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

I have bought the light, medium, heavy Steam packs and don't regret it at all great package for the money.

Now having said that I will give PGI a little tip.

#1 leave all past and future steam packs for sale at 40% off.
#2 place a new steam pack combo for sale every 3months that's 4 new steam packs a year or enlist 2 new steam packs per year.

PGI makes less from the steam pack sales (most of the money goes to steam) as it is, than from their own packs on their own website.

#50 MacMasters

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

Lesson learned:

when something advertised sounds too good to be true, it usually is! Posted Image

#51 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

Unless the satisfactory response is limited to a refund on request, do we each have to contact Customer Service or will there be a blanket 'satisfactory response' for those of us who bought packs before the post was updated? Without more specific information (from Matt, apparently, as Ced can't elaborate) it's difficult to know how, or even if, to proceed.

#52 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 23 June 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Unless the satisfactory response is limited to a refund on request, do we each have to contact Customer Service or will there be a blanket 'satisfactory response' for those of us who bought packs before the post was updated? Without more specific information (from Matt, apparently, as Ced can't elaborate) it's difficult to know how, or even if, to proceed.

I'd say, send them an email at billing@mwomercs.com and go from there. They will take care of you in an appropriate manner.

In completely unrelated news, Performance Pack purchased on Steam cannot be refunded, via Steam policy. Just putting it out there.

#53 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 23 June 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

There has been a blanket action taken but if you have issues please contact support!

#54 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

i hate that the premium time is activated automatically. i will fly two weeks to holiday wihout chance to play. i have to wait till the last day before my holiday to buy it and not login afterwards^^

#55 Ailarii

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 June 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

There has been a blanket action taken but if you have issues please contact support!

Whoa, that's awesome.

Edited by Ailarii, 23 June 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#56 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

Does this explain the sudden strange but very much appreciated and generous injection of MC and Cbills i just got after buying a light pack this morning?!

If so two massive thumbs up!!!

#57 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

lol people get bonus for being ***** :D or is it clever ?^^ who knows.

it was clear that it was a mistake.

#58 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 23 June 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

it was clear that it was a mistake.

People have asked since their initial announcement that the 'extras' should all be the same. Given that PGI has of late been listening to other similar requests (Hero changes, Civil War extension, etc) it is not unreasonable to conclude that they finally 'fixed' this oversight.

Also, keep in mind that some of the Steam info has been incorrect since launch Posted Image

RAM
ELH

#59 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

Thanks, Matt. Had already taken Ced's hint and emailed billing, but this is absolutely the best way to do things.

#60 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:36 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 26 June 2017 - 01:22 PM.
unconstructive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users