Steam Summer Sale 40% Off Performance Packs

82 replies to this topic

#61 MacMasters

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

Just gave it a try and bought the "Light Mechs" package with the Raven and A-C.

No problem at all. You just have to have your MWO linked to STEAM so it shows up in your clients game bibliothek. I already got it because I reinstalled the game by STEAM a time ago (better download rate), but I think you can do that manually, too.

After installing the game by STEAM you are not forced to have the client constantly running in the background to play MWO; just look for the launcher in the directory where STEAM has installed the game and link it manually to your desktop. No STEAM client needed anymore, just for updates etc.

After buying the pack I just launched the game once via STEAM-client; after the usual MWO-login the game asked me to claim the "Light Mechs ... DLC", and that`s it. Quite simple.

To the people wondering which Mechs you get (at least in my case):

it`s the "xxx-(C)"-Version you can also buy ingame with MC or in the shop with cash (for me the Raven with dual-ERLL, and the AC-ERSML-Tcomp-boat). Only difference: it`s called "xxx-(S)" and the "+30% XP"-bonus was swaped for "+30% C-Bills".

I expect this to be the same with all the other packs, too, so you can measure their "value" by comparing to the MC/Shop-prices.

The "Phranken"-pattern is locked to both mechs, but you can use the colors (Phranken-black, - red and -yellow (aka "Bleached Bone" by tabletoppers Posted Image )) freely.

Edited by MacMasters, 24 June 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#62 Jamico

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

I found the answer to my question. Here is a link to a work-around that I used. Hopefully, it will help you if your are having the same problem I had, mentioned above.
https://www.reddit.c..._steam_without/
(I hope the link works)

Edited by Jamico, 24 June 2017 - 08:34 AM.

#63 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

Just tried out the Phranken pattern from the Steam Pack on my Grid Iron, so I can confirm the pattern is available to all variants of the mechs you got with the Steam Packs. Incidentally, this was the way the Hotrod pattern worked with the newer Steam Packs.

This is probably what Mac Masters meant, but I wanted to clarify that the Packs both worked the same way.

#64 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 23 June 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

i hate that the premium time is activated automatically. i will fly two weeks to holiday wihout chance to play. i have to wait till the last day before my holiday to buy it and not login afterwards^^

You can buy the DLC and then just wait until you log into MWO from the steam client to activate it. Using the regular client / portal can be done wthout activating steam pack DLC. Also if you have active premium time already going, all the steam pack time does is add to your existing active time balance. Its not as if it runs concurrently.

#65 KS Highlander

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

Considering I don't play the game through Stream.....
I am having to download the game again through Stream to get the packages I bought.
Bad move. Should be more seamless between platforms. Have to wait over 3 hours to get my mechs.

#66 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostKS Highlander, on 25 June 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

I am having to download the game again through Stream to get the packages I bought.
Bad move. Should be more seamless between platforms. Have to wait over 3 hours to get my mechs.

Just copy the files from your current installation into the steam folder, skips a lot of the time involved

#67 rulevoid

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

Does anyone know when this sale ends? I moved to India for the summer yesterday and Steam has locked my account for 48 hours. I really want this to be available 48 hours after this post.

#68 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Well, in-game the Mechs are for sale for another 4 days. So that is the deadline I guess.

#69 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 22 June 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

I see some steam reviews claiming the mechs are locked to the bays, so I guess there's that.

Confirmation on the actual added content would be nice, but I enjoy my stabby Cheetah, so a 30% space bucks boost is tempting.

Is that Raven any fun?

The Raven 3Liao is an awesome mech It is also known as the Super NARC Raven for its great NARC quirks Having ECM and enhanced NARC velocity and duration is super fun

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 June 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

Post is updated now with the accurate content
Thanks for your feedback and thanks for picking up steam Packs
They really are a great deal at 40% off the bundle pricing... also Regional Pricing is a bonus.

Not If Your Region is Europe :-(

Can you now purchase multiples of the same steam pack?
Last time I tried it did not work
I would love another heavy pack with The Thunderbolt-9SE(S) and whatever clan mech.

Edited by testhero, 26 June 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#70 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

View Posttesthero, on 26 June 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

The Raven 3Liao is an awesome mech It is also known as the Super NARC Raven for its great NARC quirks Having ECM and enhanced NARC velocity and duration is super fun

Not If Your Region is Europe :-(

Can you now purchase multiples of the same steam pack?
Last time I tried it did not work
I would love another heavy pack with The Thunderbolt-9SE(S) and whatever clan mech.

Well strangely the original 4 i purchased at 40% off in the previous previous sale don't show up for me but the two I bought from the more recent sale do show up ... so it would let me get the original sets (amusingly better mechs). Not sure of the value of doing that but I might pick up a couple again.

#71 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 June 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hey folks
That was my mistake on posting the details.
The packages have variable amounts of Mc in each pack based on value. We will update the post shortly and customer support will assist those effected.

Matt

Thanks Matt - just got my injection. Much obliged!

RAM
ELH

#72 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

View Postrulevoid, on 26 June 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

Does anyone know when this sale ends? I moved to India for the summer yesterday and Steam has locked my account for 48 hours. I really want this to be available 48 hours after this post.

Steam Sale Ends July 5th - Not sure which hour specifically as it is under control of Steams Summer Sale

#73 KS Highlander

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostKS Highlander, on 25 June 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Operator error.
I don't play through Steam. Was just a learning curve for me.

#74 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 June 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

Post is updated now with the accurate content
Thanks for your feedback and thanks for picking up steam Packs
They really are a great deal at 40% off the bundle pricing... also Regional Pricing is a bonus.

Any chance that the main bundles etc. will be pushed to steam in future?
With our muppet president and his cronies robbing the country blind the South African Rand is taking a pounding against the Dollar and the regional pricing is a saving grace in that regard.

#75 ball0fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQLD australia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

soo speaking of regional pricing on steam, whats the price say for everyone else?

i see $18 $23 $30 and $35 US after the 40% off

#76 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

View Postball0fire, on 28 June 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

soo speaking of regional pricing on steam, whats the price say for everyone else?

i see $18 $23 $30 and $35 US after the 40% off

16,79 €
22,19 €
27,59 €
32,99 €

Germany

#77 UnNaturalSelection

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 June 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

Steam Sale Ends July 5th - Not sure which hour specifically as it is under control of Steams Summer Sale

It must have been bright and early on the 5th because it is closed now and I have a bunch of money in my Steam wallet unspent since I thought I had today to purchase.

#78 UnNaturalSelection

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostUnNaturalSelection, on 05 July 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

It must have been bright and early on the 5th because it is closed now and I have a bunch of money in my Steam wallet unspent since I thought I had today to purchase.

What is odd is you can still buy the old edition of the pack, just not at sale prices. I wanted to get the Med pack but unless PGI can get Steam to fix the sale pricing that is a no go.

#79 drachnien

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

View PostUnNaturalSelection, on 05 July 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

What is odd is you can still buy the old edition of the pack, just not at sale prices. I wanted to get the Med pack but unless PGI can get Steam to fix the sale pricing that is a no go.

nothing to fix, they added back in the old packs but the summer sale is over so no sale price.

#80 UnNaturalSelection

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

View Postdrachnien, on 06 July 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

nothing to fix, they added back in the old packs but the summer sale is over so no sale price.

So the sale that was to have the last day as of the 5th that did not have the last day as of the 5th, at least compared to any of their other time frames, means there is nothing to fix? Not even perhaps the courtesy of actually giving a fixed time and sticking to it? Are you stating this for PGI?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users