Steam Summer Sale 40% Off Performance Packs

82 replies to this topic

#81 LokiRagnorak

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 24 June 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

Just tried out the Phranken pattern from the Steam Pack on my Grid Iron, so I can confirm the pattern is available to all variants of the mechs you got with the Steam Packs. Incidentally, this was the way the Hotrod pattern worked with the newer Steam Packs.

This is probably what Mac Masters meant, but I wanted to clarify that the Packs both worked the same way.

Interesting. I bought the light pack with Phracken this time and had the Medium pack with HotRod previously but the two will not mix for me. My Shadowcat can only roll in Hotrod pattern and my Cheetah can only roll in Phracken. Though the colors go across the board for all mechs regardless of steam pack purchase or not. Kind of cool that the free Mech from previously came with Steiner Dark Blue. :-)

#82 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostLokiRagnorak, on 09 July 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Interesting. I bought the light pack with Phracken this time and had the Medium pack with HotRod previously but the two will not mix for me. My Shadowcat can only roll in Hotrod pattern and my Cheetah can only roll in Phracken. Though the colors go across the board for all mechs regardless of steam pack purchase or not. Kind of cool that the free Mech from previously came with Steiner Dark Blue. :-)

I think what he's saying is all variants of that chassis from the steam purchase, so if you get the Phracken for hunchbacks, any hunchback you acquire will have access to it, not any mech (i.e. a shadowcat).

Look at the current event for an example: if you loot enough bags you get a pattern unlocked for all variants of one chassis... I think the steam patterns work the same way...

#83 LokiRagnorak

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostUrbanTarget, on 09 July 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

I think what he's saying is all variants of that chassis from the steam purchase, so if you get the Phracken for hunchbacks, any hunchback you acquire will have access to it, not any mech (i.e. a shadowcat).

Look at the current event for an example: if you loot enough bags you get a pattern unlocked for all variants of one chassis... I think the steam patterns work the same way...

Ah okay, I haven't had a need to get more of the same variant so that thought hadn't tracked. :-) Since the Steam comes with cbill bonus that works for me. :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users