Stealth Armor

49 replies to this topic

#41 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:37 AM

Also stealth armor does not hide your seismic footprint.
Last night HPG going below I stopped at entrance and saw seismic in corner but its solid blue team up above...
I wait and a team mate drops down to check it out and I nearly pass a shutdown? Commando with back to us.
After a pause and fairly sure its red team I opened fire, but yeah no IFF tag when stealthed is a big problem for friendlies.

Edited as above

Edited by Max Rickson, 04 June 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#42 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

View PostMax Rickson, on 04 June 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Also stealth armor does not hide your seismic footprint.
Last night HPG going below I stopped at entrance and saw seismic in corner but its solid blue team up above...
I wait and a team mate drops down to check it out and I nearly pass a shutdown? Commando with back to us.
After a pause and fairly sure its red team I opened fire, but yeah no IFF tag when stealthed is a big problem for friendlies.

Teammates should have an IFF even when stealthed now. That was an old bug that quickly got fixed. It didn't even last a month of game play before being patched out, as it was never intended...

#43 Spinner

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 28 June 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

See, you're looking at this from a "What Seems Realistic" view, not "What makes a good game".

The benefit of Stealth Armor is actually very minor in practice. Having friendlies who round a corner and see you open up on you is a huge disadvantage. Stealth Armor would have to be WAY better for it to be balanced like that.

Holy crude, you mean that a stealth unit would have to communicate to his teammates on where he is and what he's doing, so as to not be shot? Gods why would anyone want that to happen?

#44 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:28 AM

View PostSpinner, on 08 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Holy crude, you mean that a stealth unit would have to communicate to his teammates on where he is and what he's doing, so as to not be shot? Gods why would anyone want that to happen?

Spinner... I'm supposed to be the cynical guy here...

#45 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostSpinner, on 08 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Because communication should not be a requirement for solo players. Some people just want to shoot internet robots without pretending this is their real life.

#46 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:52 AM

View PostTetatae Squawkins, on 24 June 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Because communication should not be a requirement for solo players. Some people just want to shoot internet robots without pretending this is their real life.

So go play a singleplayer game then. You're in the wrong game if you want a dedicated solo experience.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 25 June 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#47 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:54 AM

View PostTetatae Squawkins, on 24 June 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Dude, you are playing the WRONG game then.......

#48 Tetatae Squawkins

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 13 July 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

game

The key word in your post.

#49 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostTetatae Squawkins, on 14 July 2018 - 02:17 AM, said:

The key word in your post.

So because this is classified as a "game" it should give you identical mechanics and feeling to Fallout 1, right? This is a very different game to what you seem to want it to be, and it will never be that.

#50 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 14 July 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

So because this is classified as a "game" it should give you identical mechanics and feeling to Fallout 1, right? This is a very different game to what you seem to want it to be, and it will never be that.

Being a game though, it should be able fun. it's not fun to have accidental friendly fire situations brought on largely from how a specific system is working in the game (also recall original ECM implementation), and then not only having the accidental FF incident happen, but then also being penalized for it because you couldn't have really known better...

Though, I don't mind some mechanics, others (such as the Stealth IFF bug originally) needed to be adjusted for the fun of the game.

If it isn't fun on either side, then adjustments should be made. In this specific case, Stealth armor was performing a task it was never suppose to do by it's original proposed design for this specific game. (So it was a bug and got fixed.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users