Overpowered Urbanmech

56 replies to this topic

#21 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:20 AM

Pgi should restrict engines for urbies to not move faster then 65kph or nerf quirks on them.

This. urbies are too fast they need a speed nerf.

#22 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:30 AM

View PostKhobai, on 10 July 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

This. urbies are too fast they need a speed nerf.

Make them 100 tonners, only then they can have 65 KPH speed limit.

#23 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

Why do I have the strange impression that this threat did not turn into what he intended to in the first place...

Never **** with Urbie pilots...

Posted Image

#24 HIGH LORD KIT FAWKS THE WATCHFUL

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

You want me to go slow?

I'll go slow, challenge accepted.

My average build still runs either an XL100 or a STD60 you think I care about slow?

Maintaining over a 1.0 on my K/D and rolling more victories over losses with an AC20 and twenty-one shots proves I don't need your speed.

-However-

I will be a dead God King before I would ever agree you need to strip armor from the UM. I know this chassis inside and out, shaving my armor means the only thing that would be accomplished is firmly nerfing a mech that absolutely does not need it.

As an aside, I run ballistics. Energy builds have more tonnage for engines, engines that put us at such "astounding" speeds of on or around 100kph.

Wow. Truly the world has no means to stop the level of terrifying speed that is the UM...

#25 P10k56

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

I have also UM and what?
Still think UM need engine restriction.

#26 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:39 PM

Keep the Armor & Structure Quirks, and lower the Einige Cap just a tad. To Keep the Spirit of the true Urbie.
No Need to go 104 kph, how about 87? what would that be in Engine Rating? 140?

#27 HIGH LORD KIT FAWKS THE WATCHFUL

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

As a thought, the only way I would openly accept top speed off a xl140 would be if it bloody well carried 10 heatsinks in it.

I don't know if it's infuriating to anyone else but for the life of me I hate stacking 6+ heatsinks into my mech, wasting very valuable tonnage only to have lesser cooling efficiency.

STD60 and XL100, I'm looking at you...

#28 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

First off I don't own any Urbie's (yet), but you're not going to get any support for nerfing it. It's a slow (even at 97, it's clan like slow), heavily armored, but lightly armed mech. As someone else said, if they bother you, shoot their legs.

I think they add an element of fun to the game that it sorely needs. (Tina's K-9 video was gold) They will never be meta, but they can be fun and for that reason alone I suggest 'hands off'.

#29 IanSane

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

My issue with the Urbie is the buggy frontal armor. I can core a freaking Atlas faster than I can an Urbie because, like the old spider, hits on it don't count turning that 70 armor into 100+ armor

#30 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Urby is buggy as hell. Saw some of them taking damage that would take down 3 assaults nearly not moving or even not moving at all in the middle of a whole team. Not sure if as bad as the spider in its best days, but close.

#31 Pearnicious

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

There's a whole lot of stupid in this thread.

50 damage is only significant if you're running a Locust with paper armor. Especially with the armor bonuses in the survival skill tree. Urbies don't need a nerf. You whiners just need to do a little research about how much armor these mechs have and apply a little bit of basic math. There's plenty of lights that run faster than the urbanmech and they're working just fine. Hit registration is pretty damn good right now. I'll bet none of you guys played about 3 or 4 years ago in the dark days before host state rewind was a thing and lag shield spiders were nearly invincible.

This is a non issue and you really have nothing to complain about.

#32 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

View PostP10k56, on 03 July 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Pgi should restrict engines for urbies to not move faster then 65kph or nerf quirks on them.
I think a max engine size of 100 would be good enough, as the SPIDER has a min engine size of 100 and the same tonnage Posted Image

#33 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:57 AM

Urbanmechs were suppossed to be slow.

Also that urbie in the pic has as much front armor as my Timberwolf, tell me how that's logical.

Edited by NimoStar, 16 August 2017 - 03:58 AM.

#34 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostP10k56, on 10 July 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

I have also UM and what?
Still think UM need engine restriction.

You don't deserve that Urbanmech.

What really matters is if you main that Urbanmech, having one in a mechbay you barely touch doesn't count.

View PostNimoStar, on 16 August 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

Urbanmechs were suppossed to be slow.

Stock Urbanmechs are supposed to be slow. Custom builds such as what we do on our mechbay is our own choice.

If anything, meta should be shifted in a way that low engine rating would be viable.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 30 August 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#35 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

View PostNimoStar, on 16 August 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

Urbanmechs were suppossed to be slow. Also that urbie in the pic has as much front armor as my Timberwolf, tell me how that's logical.

Strange, my Timberwolfs have 90 pts front CT-armor before skill tree when i go down to 2 pts back armor like in the pic.
That alone is 27% more than the urbie. But since the urbie in the pic most likely has full armor survival skills, it's only fair to compare him to a skilled Timberwolf, which should have about 104 pts. This is 46% more than the urbie can have. Posted Image

#36 CraneArmy

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

View PostAlphaWolf11, on 02 July 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Had this mech that fired like 10 shots of light PPC at Urbie center torso and only damaged from orange to red. All those shots hit as far I can tell.

I think either the urbie is over-armored or light PPC under powered. It is ridiculous for a light mech to take this kind of damage.

1) light ppc's are bad. They are a hotter 3 ton medium laser with travel time and minimum range.
2) he didnt hit all CT because the urbie maxes out quirked and skilled at a bit under 70 ct armor. 10 shots would have taken it from 100% to dark orange
3) it doesnt has more armor, but not much more than other IS lights with armor quirks (wolfhound, panther), which are faster and more manuverable

They are still not good enough for competitive play as far as I can tell, due to lack of abundant hardpoints.
Urbies are getting hate because it used to be trolly to bring one at all, and now they are actually decent. It sucks loosing to something you were sure you could yolo 1v1 and win against every time. When you see an urbie, give it the respect you would give to any other light and you will do fine.

ideally, at least imho. If the game found a way to make lights more valuable, you would give all lights the same respect that EVERY mech deserves. Lights could be stronger across the board and I wouldnt be upset. I'm also primarily a heavy pilot so this isnt a personal bias.

#37 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

I've fallen foul of the godly armour of the Urbie recently. I was slow to connect in a QP match and found myself with an Urbie closing in for a "free" kill. I was running a Sparky and by the end of the encounter, I was dead having been cored through the CT by what looked like a couple of pulse lasers and some mg; the Urbie ran off to collect more xp etc. . . . with nothing showing up as more than a mid orange colour on the hud. At the end of the match, I had dealt 217 registered damage to the little bugger but not even got through a single part of the armour to the internals. To add insult to injury, the little wretch kept lag skipping while we were fighting, so goodness knows how much extra damage had been negated due to the latency correction system, but really . . . not even through a single piece of armour having only fought that mech and done that damage . . . /sigh, just wish I could absorb that much in my Atlas and walk away pretty much fresh as a daisy!

#38 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Well we know what mech stole the Uziels Armour Buffs now, don't we.

#39 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:23 AM

Wait so let me get this straight they add in a skill tree where u can spec any mech any way you want whether it would be glass cannon, Tank, DPS, support utility, GTFO build, all rounder you get my point<--- vs each chassis with a set number of quirks and bonuses. You think the urban mech is overpowered? wait how? That makes no sense. I play the thing all the time. Its just like any other light. Aim for its legs and its dead. If you think its too armored try playing against a wolfhound with a tank build see that nightmare<-- (its fun I swear) You have access to the same skills same choices all across the board. This is where theory crafting comes in. Your vsing a custom mech that somebody tried to make fun for themselves just like anyone would. I dont think anyone would want to go into a match thinking o boy I want to get shot today and to make sure imma take this mech and only use tabletop values so everyone knows what to expect. If you got beat by it and your salty take a minute to think as to ok I needed to do this vs this. Or what could I have done better as a choice? Believe me I know that all to well just the other day I face checked to assaults in the thing and it was not a fun time. Everyone knows what to do but a lot of people just refuse to change how they play. Needless to say that was one of the quickest matches ever i think it was 20 seconds into the match so new record woo woo.

#40 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

No hate for the Urbie at all. Last week i seen one being the last guy on Frozen Incursion vs. 2 MAD IIC and a weaponless WHK with 4 Med lasers left on the Urbie. He killed em all and tickled the enemy base FTW. Took at least 5 Minutes surviving pretty heavy fire. That guy and his Urbie earned his standing ovations Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users