Overpowered Urbanmech

56 replies to this topic

#41 GalahadVGL13

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

yes, if you dump a ton of nodes into survival, the urbie is tanky. 97kph is plenty fast enough to get you into real trouble, but woefully inadequate to get you back out. If I play smart, I might break 600 dmg in a match including a couple strikes. I've had one match with 4 kills, usually 0-1. I'm pretty derpy, but I don't go in with any expectations. Good mechs played badly will lose to poor mechs played well.
This is just my experience in T2(a whole differentcan of worms, lol) .

#42 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

The UM is fine, it still has poor weapon mount locations and severely limited ammo count for ballistics due to weight.

Learn to kill lights by shooting legs, which is where you should shoot them, then their CT is irrelevant.

#43 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

I've tested my Urbies recently with new tech. It really doesn't matter how much CT armour there is, you take an XL regardless, and die to either ST death, or getting legged.

Also, while the arm mount points are great at cockpit height, they get shot off tremendously quickly, you HAVE to twist... which means you are now taking that damage onto your weak ST... where that big juicy XL lives...

And as mentioned before, take any sort of ballistics, and you are either out of space, or out of weight. Even an XL180, you still have a 3 DHS (9 slot) penalty since anything under 250 rated engine does not meet the minimum prerequisite 10 heat sinks...

If its OP, more people will be using it... While I don't play that often, and Lights is the smallest population, its not even the most popular light... I see way more (relatively), SDR, LCT, RVN, or ARC.

I don't see a problem with the UM. I think people just want to see it perform as trash. But whats the point? We have enough mechs that people never use anyway, why should we proactively make more unless mechs?

#44 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:10 AM

I have to agree the Urbies are goddamn ridiculous. I got the drop on one in my last match, it had it's back turned and it was stationary. I was playing an Enforcer with RAC5x2 and got a solid 3 seconds worth of fire into it's back before it noticed.
By the time the paperdoll caught up with everything I saw that his rear armour was only JUST gone and his CT was yellow. How is that even possible? I know RAC5s aren't the best but 3 solid seconds into a Light mech's rear should be a guaranteed kill.

#45 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

Well who'd have thunk it that Urubies are OP for newbies! Hey just shoot their arms or legs and keep shooting it in same spot.

Also thank you for making this urbies OP thread. Posted Image
I read most replies and laughed and laughed and laughed. Posted Image

Next time after bad match in solo quick drop I will think of this thread and laugh and laugh and laugh! Posted Image

#46 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

View PostGuile Votoms, on 03 July 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

People asking for an urbie nerf ...
Now I've seen it all.

Reeeeeee you can't even argue this mr I have a supernova with a JENNER worth of ammo on it, I **** you not 7k rounds >_<, but we have seen silly **** on these forums, the least of which is nerf urbies, need I point you twards the mgs need ghost heat, or the hundreds of laservomit/lrms/gaussvomit op pgi please nerf threads?

#47 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostP10k56, on 03 July 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Pgi should restrict engines for urbies to not move faster then 65kph or nerf quirks on them.

Posted Image

...NOW, I have seen everything!

#48 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

Recently I dropped in my slowest, most armored up UM. Some people were laughing and deriding it and me. Some said it is the pilot that counts. Others said all good pilots have at least one.

I said something about "fear the Urbie." Most UM pilots say something similar in jest. Knowing anything on the battlefield can kill an Urbie.

I got at least two kills and I think 5 assists in that game. I was legged, I moved between cover of the terrain and other mechs. I assisted other mechs and more importantly other mechs assisted me. My team won the game, I had fun. One guy said he really had to reconsider the mech after watching the game as a spectator in my mech.

The Urbie is a good mech, all of them have the capability of doing damage. The Urbie has the capacity to be one of the most fun mechs in the game. I look forward to the new Missile Urbie just for fun's sake.

I like seeing this post and responses for and against a beloved mech that is often maligned as useless, weak, slow and not taken seriously.

FEAR THE URBIES!

Edited by PanzerTC, 23 September 2017 - 02:28 AM.

#49 UrbanCognito

• Pip
  • Go-cho
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

.... you want the Urbie to be nerfed?

Dear god, this place gets worse.

#50 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

View PostUrbanCognito, on 25 September 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

.... you want the Urbie to be nerfed?

Dear god, this place gets worse.

Hehe, just when we thought we hit the bottom of the barrel UrbanT, this....

Guess I should stop pointing out how badly my UM outdamaged the rest of my side and they should feel bad for it...

#51 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

View PostPanzerTC, on 23 September 2017 - 02:27 AM, said:

Recently I dropped in my slowest, most armored up UM. Some people were laughing and deriding it and me. Some said it is the pilot that counts. Others said all good pilots have at least one.

I said something about "fear the Urbie." Most UM pilots say something similar in jest. Knowing anything on the battlefield can kill an Urbie.

I got at least two kills and I think 5 assists in that game. I was legged, I moved between cover of the terrain and other mechs. I assisted other mechs and more importantly other mechs assisted me. My team won the game, I had fun. One guy said he really had to reconsider the mech after watching the game as a spectator in my mech.

The Urbie is a good mech, all of them have the capability of doing damage. The Urbie has the capacity to be one of the most fun mechs in the game. I look forward to the new Missile Urbie just for fun's sake.

I like seeing this post and responses for and against a beloved mech that is often maligned as useless, weak, slow and not taken seriously.

FEAR THE URBIES!

urbies can be the emotional rallying point for the team as well. dropped in polar in assault, usual slight nudge to the righ by the team. someone sees a locust beyond us on the flank most likely en route to the base. someone calls for the lights to RTB. we have no lights except me so I declare "urbie shall save the base!" rest of the team started chiming in "go urbie!" "lead us to victory!", "our mascot!". I get there, no locust. I declare "urbie scared off the locust heading back" comments about fearing the urbie. get about halfway. base capture message starts.

at this point a few bigger enemy mechs getting into position between our side and the base. "i declare myself to be saving the base again, but need help" since I knew I was outnumbered. one friendly declared that the urbie must be saved cause it's our good luck charm. fortunately the other side got caught up in pokey-shoot so I slipped past them and found a linebacker on the base. kept him targeted for the LRMs. I didn't get any back so he might not have targeted me. spinning like a top, hopping in short bursts with JJs to spread his laser vomit damage while keeping his attention- I think I was doing the MG part of the event at the time so more harassing than anything- (and a lock) on him. LRMs keep coming in. finally a friendly jager comes by to finish him off.

at this point we're up a couple mechs and I start heading back to the team as we start a bit of a wide area push as both teams were strung out some. nearest enemy assaults start shooting at me as I bravely conceal myself in a crevice causing them to chase and run into the friendly jager and a Kodiak that ambled up to us. the rout begins. three enemies left. shadowcat and timby together. they both start shooting at me as the team has them surrounded and pick them apart before they can finish me. last guy (the locust) off in the boonies somewhere.

I declare that the urbie shall now save the enemy base! and run over at 35% health, orange arm and torso, orange leg, yellow CT front and back but all pieces still attached. no fun guy declares he probably did more damage than the urbie. rest of team tries to tell him that's not the point. we get to their base. no fun guy decides he needed to shoot my arm off as I do the sacred urbie victory dance on their base. I declare I needed that arm and put the Kodiak between me and no fun guy. we win 12-6 or so- or 11-6 with the cap- I was watching no fun guy so dunno if someone got the locust or not. rest of team gives proper credit to urbie.

match wasn't overly spectacular numbers wise. 300ish dmg, half dozen assists, no kills. but it did keep the team chatting during the match which was a pleasant change of pace.

note: in interests of full disclosure- no fun guy did break over 1k damage in his clan LRM boat (I forget what he played- was a heavy if not assault- I don't know all the clan mechs that well besides the obvious ones), no one else on the team broke 550

#52 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

How to nerf Urbie: Press R, shoot arm with most firepower. There, now it can't do damage.

JFC.

#53 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostP10k56, on 03 July 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Pgi should restrict engines for urbies to not move faster then 65kph or nerf quirks on them.

What are you smoking???Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#54 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostGuile Votoms, on 03 July 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

People asking for an urbie nerf ...
Now I've seen it all.

^This ähh...wait...

"Pgi should restrict engines for urbies to not move faster then 65kph or nerf quirks on them".

...NOW, I have seen everything! "

yep
Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 23 December 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#55 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

Lol I don't run xl in an urbie so that's one weakness removed.

Anyhow, here's my urbie story, was wandering along in my Banshee and ran into an isolated urbie, a few moments later I was walking over it's steaming corpse thanking the host of Valhalla it wasn't a commando, end story.

Please don't nerf commandos, really good mech.

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 24 December 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#56 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:29 PM

View PostGuile Votoms, on 03 July 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

A kit fox is a pick-your-hardpoints omnimech which can mount 3 AMS +4t ammo, ECM, a large laser and 4 machine guns. Let's not try to compare two mechs that are completely different outside of relative size and tonnage.
Then compare the URBIE with the SPIDER !

I think the max.enginesize of the urbie should be restricted to the min.enginsize of the spider Posted Image

#57 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostM E X, on 24 December 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

Then compare the URBIE with the SPIDER !

I think the max.enginesize of the urbie should be restricted to the min.enginsize of the spider Posted Image

How about no?

You want the Urbie going really slow? Then it should be an assault -- i.e. restricted to 65 KPH, it must be at 100 tons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users