Stealth Armor + Rocket Launcher = Broken Game

97 replies to this topic

#1 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

Technically, a lot of things in this game can be considered broken as hell, but this retardation is beyond believe.

Remember back 3 months ago when I predicted that Stealth Armor would be the most broken OP shat ever, and 75% of the people were like, "nah, there would be some sort of balance"

Nope.

Just watched theb33f ran around for 2 minutes straight with no heat buildup. ZERO. NONE. Yup, no need to ever turn it off.

And then, I watched theb33f used a Javalin with 6 RL20 launchers and erased an assault mech.

Put 2 and 2 together... and this is probably the most ******** combination ever that will break all kind of game play.

Still don't get it? Let me explain. MWO is not a 1v1 game (until Solaris), so inherently, the ability to do a 1 for 1 trade is NOT equal. Using 1 Javalin to trade an Atlas, for example, is like using a Rook to trade the Queen.

Worst yet, the Rook is not being traded per se. Because in Comp Play, there is only one competitive mode, which is Conquest. So you get these forever stealth Rook going around trading off every Queen, Knight, Castle, Bishop on the board.

It's not too hard when the game is your Queen Knight and Bishop vs 3 Rooks. (And keep in mind, your 2-3 rooks are still running around capping all the freaking points in unstoppable rampage)

But throw all that theoretical super meta strat aside, WHY THE FOK DID PGI INVENTED A RETALIATION-FREE MECHANICS WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE OF FOKING UP ONE PERSON'S DAY? It's like in every game, 1 to multiple people is going to be unhappy. There's no other way to explain this.

And this is not even a Direstar situation. This is eligible on so many mechs. (And also, Direstar is a piece of trash that require a 10 armor Direwolf to function, and the fact that trading 100 tons away for anything is at best even but WORSE in almost every case. At best, you traded your Queen for a Queen, but most of the time... DON'T TRADE YOUR QUEEN FOR A BISHOP/KNIGHT/ROOK, it's BAD strat).

Why PGI? Why did you do this? Cause you know... just randomly making a selected few individual pissed off at your game for no raisen every drop is a great way to keep a dwindling population...

Jesus...

Edited by razenWing, 28 June 2017 - 06:09 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Fun fact: The RL120 Javelin has an alpha strike of 210 damage.

I told you guys not to add Rocket Launchers. You should've listened. You could have prevented this...

#3 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

RL issue will be compounded in CW, as first wave Light rushes will become more powerful. Also, RIP generators. However, I am still not sold on the supposed OPness of the Stealth Armor.

Edited by El Bandito, 28 June 2017 - 06:13 PM.

#4 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

I told you guys not to add Rocket Launchers. You should've listened. You could have prevented this...

Personally I'm looking forward to using a RL80 Locust to ruin someone's day....

#5 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

The only solution I see to stop the stupid troll builds is to set a hard limit on how many rocket launchers you can mount to one mech. But then, what's the point of rocket launchers?

Dumb addition. Shouldn't be added to MWO.

#6 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 28 June 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

The only solution I see to stop the stupid troll builds is to set a hard limit on how many rocket launchers you can mount to one mech. But then, what's the point of rocket launchers?

Dumb addition. Shouldn't be added to MWO.

Well, part of the issue is that RL's don't seem to have Ghost Heat and they also have 1.75 damage per missile for some inexplicable reason.

#7 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Well, part of the issue is that RL's don't seem to have Ghost Heat and they also have 1.75 damage per missile for some inexplicable reason.

Ghost heat on a weapon that already just gets a single shot isn't going to do anything when the intent is to make just 1 shot count.

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 28 June 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

I'm fine with setting a hard cap on RLs. People still could use them on mechs with 1-2 missile hardpoints for big backup damage that costs only 0.5-1.5 ton. Like my Grasshopper or Stalker-3Fb.

Edited by El Bandito, 28 June 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#9 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

Look, I have a great solution to this foolishness. Make it a reverse Machine Gun. You do full damage to armor, but when it hits internal, you do like 1/2 or 1/3 damage. (Is it going to be mathematical possible to stop a 6 RL20 Javalin from erasing mechs? I don't know... maybe still not, but it's a start)

Basically, you make RL like a Psi Storm by High Templar. (if you play Starcraft, you know what I mean) Which, it's what it's supposed to do in the first place, right? A situational weapon.

This pure eraser PGI has going? This is pure dumb. I am speechless over how anyone ever thought this was a good idea. (I guess to be fair, until I watch theb33f abuse it like crazy, I didn't realize how OP broken it would be to team play.)

#10 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 28 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

I'm fine with setting a hard cap on RLs. People still could use them on mechs with 1-2 missile hardpoints for big backup damage that costs only 0.5-1.5 ton. Like my Grasshopper.

And that would play into what they're probably intended to be used as.

#11 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

There should be a hardcap on RL. But in exchange for having a hardcap they shouldnt use a missile hardpoint.

#12 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostKhobai, on 28 June 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

There should be a hardcap on RL. But in exchange for having a hardcap they shouldnt use a missile hardpoint.

That would require PGI to model missile geometry on every single arm, side torso, center torso, and head of every single IS mech.

#13 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

That would require PGI to model missile geometry on every single arm, side torso, center torso, and head of every single IS mech.

I can hear PGI's artists and modelers cringing. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 28 June 2017 - 06:27 PM.

#14 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

well theres no reason to use rocket launchers with a hardcap if they use up missile hardpoints. because at that point just about any other missile weapon is better.

the only thing that makes rocket launchers worth using now is the fact you can spam enough of them to instant kill someone fairly easily. but thats simply not acceptable and needs to change.

I suppose another solution would be just to limit the number of rocket launchers that can fire at once to only one and then have a universal cooldown that prevents a second rocket launcher from firing until X amount of time passes.

Edited by Khobai, 28 June 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#15 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 28 June 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Ghost heat on a weapon that already just gets a single shot isn't going to do anything when the intent is to make just 1 shot count.

Turns out that Rockets do have a Ghost Heat factor...their limit is 5 across all of them, and their heat multiplier is 1.75. Given their base heat, this isn't really going to have much effect...

Why PGI can't just list these things in the patch notes, I'll never understand.

Edited by FupDup, 28 June 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#16 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 28 June 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Technically, a lot of things in this game can be considered broken as hell, but this retardation is beyond believe.

Remember back 3 months ago when I predicted that Stealth Armor would be the most broken OP shat ever, and 75% of the people were like, "nah, there would be some sort of balance"

Nope.

Just watched theb33f ran around for 2 minutes straight with no heat buildup. ZERO. NONE. Yup, no need to ever turn it off.

And then, I watched theb33f used a Javalin with 6 RL20 launchers and erased an assault mech.

That second match, I was on the opposing team. Ya, thebeef killed one mech, and then was useless. Had he been spotted, the insta kill would not be a sure thing.... hig risk/high reward... and a weaponless mech for most a game.

#17 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 28 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

I'm fine with setting a hard cap on RLs. People still could use them on mechs with 1-2 missile hardpoints for big backup damage that costs only 0.5-1.5 ton. Like my Grasshopper or Stalker-3Fb.

I'd be ok with RLs being a module with tonnage.

#18 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostDracol, on 28 June 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

That second match, I was on the opposing team. Ya, thebeef killed one mech, and then was useless. Had he been spotted, the insta kill would not be a sure thing.... hig risk/high reward... and a weaponless mech for most a game.

The ramification and the significance is that Cyclop for a Javalin. That's a terribly wonderful trade. Yes, had theb33f missed, he would have been a waste. But that's like saying no weapons are OP because a guy might be so terrible, he miss 99% of his shots. And had you guys spotted theb33f, you wouldn't have killed him anyways. There are no other weapon in existence that can output enough DPS for the span of time it takes a 100+ KPH mech to run behind you, and ruin your day.

#19 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Why PGI can't just list these things in the patch notes, I'll never understand.

Because that would be sensible and logical.

And we all know those are two words that cease to exist inside PGI's offices.

#20 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

It'd be interesting to see how few RLs you need to be gank people. 4 MLs + some RLs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users