338 replies to this topic

#321 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:40 AM

This has probably been answered somewhere before, but it's anyone able to give me a rough estimation about when the update will go live abs stuff is injected into our accounts?

Much appreciated!

#322 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

Patch usually hits around 1EST (10PST). Down time of an hour or so usually (could be longer in this case)

#323 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#324 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 July 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Going to put more standoffish builds on that one.. I think 2 HLL 2 HML and ECM with like 17 DHS or so is feasible.. I know its a lot of facetime, but the damage...

Yeah might work. But my issue is why use the mech? you could put that on a medium and be faster, more armor, more everything basically. Heavy hitter for a FP deck with little tonnage I guess, but that really isn't enough. Plus they should just change FP drop deck limits.

#325 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 17 July 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

Lol.

Thats the same heat as 2xLPL 5xERML.

Enjoy melting into a puddle.

Should run about as hot as the HBK-IIC then. If its too much I can just drop to 2 ER MLs and save a little heat.

Could also do 8 MPLs or 4 ATM6s.

View Postdario03, on 17 July 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Yeah might work. But my issue is why use the mech? you could put that on a medium and be faster, more armor, more everything basically. Heavy hitter for a FP deck with little tonnage I guess, but that really isn't enough. Plus they should just change FP drop deck limits.

Yeah that is true... Its smaller than a medium I guess, but yeah, may as well.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 July 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#326 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

So.... looking at the 'loadout pictures'....

Posted Image

Is the over-the-head missile launcher still there? or did that get broken somehow? Still watching the NGNGTV live-stream recording so havnt gotten to the Uziel preview yet....

Posted Image

#327 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

View PostGwydion Ward, on 17 July 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Is the over-the-head missile launcher still there? or did that get broken somehow? Still watching the NGNGTV live-stream recording so havnt gotten to the Uziel preview yet....

Posted Image

I hope the launcher is still there, it is not the Uziel without it.

#328 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostGwydion Ward, on 17 July 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Spoiler

Posted Image

It is, just not in that GIF. I'm looking forward to the over-the-head PPC / LPL fun, personally Posted Image

[Edit] What's one more Uziel picture? Heh Posted Image
Posted Image
[/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 17 July 2017 - 03:34 PM.

#329 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

lol 6 rac5 anni - watch those stock urbies go streaking past

PGI has QA?
i thought that was our job

Edited by chaothulhu, 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM.

#330 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Maaan, I bet there's gonna be an awesome event this weekend <3

#331 Thomasso

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 54 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:02 AM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 17 July 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

Just have a look at the walking animation of the Mad Cat MKII (in the stream at about 2:30:00)... that's actually so abhorrent I'm thinking about refunding last minute. How can something like that pass QA for gods sake? And regarding having hope that PGI will adress this - Dire Wolf is still stumbling around like a tipsy pony. But compared to the MCII it's a paragon of grace and elegance.

Yes... :( I also noticed this.. this.. awful walking animation. It looks as hideous as funny.
MC Mk2 is somewhat an iconic mech and it should just stomp with a grace - in the end it is a CLAN tech and now it walks like unsuccessful prototype from the beginning of the Battletech era. :/

#332 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:07 AM

View PostStormDll, on 16 July 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

And then there is the Daish:
To start positive, a 100 ton mech with such a small engine cap (relatively) is not need of defensive quirks. The crit reduction on Assaults is a good move, so the mech cannot make something out of its strucure and weapons after the armor is breached.
0% crit reduction (0+0 from the skill tree, because not maxing survivability tree is a waste here) is ok to keep it operational.
blah blah blah.
And Torso Yaw: 60 °

If your point is that the DireWolf needs a big survivability quirk bonus then I am completely with you. Currently it gets torn apart under focus fire, sometimes without even its own weapons once.
Just not sure if I understand the double negatives right. Why would you not max survivability on the Dire?
The base values are high, so the yeld per skill point is decent.

#333 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:49 AM

I think it is likely the Mad Cat Mk II animations will be hotfixed, maybe even within a few days of the patch going live.

#334 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:57 AM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 18 July 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

Yup, like the Dire Wolf animation was fixed... oh wait.

i remember there were some animation touch-ups for a few clan mechs a while back, so it's not entirely out of the question.

#335 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

View Postcougurt, on 18 July 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

i remember there were some animation touch-ups for a few clan mechs a while back, so it's not entirely out of the question.

Indeed. The ones I most remember were the Summoner's arms pointing higher than it could shoot, leading to arm lasers coming out at hilarious angles... There was the Breakdancing Cauldron Born (miss that one...) And they've fixed a number of walking animations in the past, though I can't recall any specifics...

It's entirely possible, that the MKIIs animation was set where it is, knowing that IK was coming back (soon^3™), which may make it less awkward? Though, honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about... Looks fine to me... If anything the Annihilator looks like the kid from A Christmas Story, waddling out in too much winter clothing :P

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 18 July 2017 - 05:08 AM.

#336 SeventhGalaxy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:32 AM

View PostZergling, on 18 July 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

I think it is likely the Mad Cat Mk II animations will be hotfixed, maybe even within a few days of the patch going live.

1)https://mwomercs.com...ning-animation/
2)https://mwomercs.com...33#entry5831033
3)https://twitter.com/...169658746425346

#337 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

Most bizarre thing of all? The new mech standing cockpit items are animated, and the Mad Cat Mk II one looks better animated than the actual mech.

#338 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 18 July 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

That is walking with those type of legs. Not saying it should be like this. Not saying this is the best there is or could be. But saying this is much better than what MWO offers. I was never too fond of the avianoid walking animations here, but this sliding MCII just was shouting "no effort at all". Don't want to approve this by throwing money at the people behind this. Not trying to convince anyone, just providing insight into my argument.

That being said, good for you that you are ok with what you will get. Have fun and enjoy it. Not trying to take that away from anyone.

Okay, wow, now that I've actually seen the MKII walking in game... that is hilariously bad o_o I rescind my "I don't mind it"

I suspect they raised the stance so the Annihilator wouldn't look so tall, which forced them to use that animation...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 18 July 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#339 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

delete.. wrong thread

Edited by Nightbird, 13 May 2018 - 07:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users