46 replies to this topic

#21 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 20 July 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Because maybe it's not intended to be used as a first line mech?

Thank you Captain obvious. There are many mechs that aren't that all have buffs. Basically every one in the IS.

#22 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:21 AM

I'm getting pretty chewed up in my Uzis, but I do enjoy playing these two builds regardless:
UZL-2S
UZL-3S

Neither is really optimized at this point, and won't be until I've skilled them out. Which will take forever cause like other people said, this mech is squishy.

#23 tatersaladftw

• PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

Had success with this 3S - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4994fb6f58c3c2d

However I eventually swapped out the XL for an LFE because it is such a squishy mech. I am having a hell of a time getting them to work and I love the medium chassis and have a ton of experience in it. On the 2S I cant seem to get anything working and the 3P I have had decent success with just a UAC10 and 2 mediums.

Edited by tatersaladftw, 24 July 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#24 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Uziel has been a disappointment. :( It's an advanced 50-tonner from 3065, but the "advancements" are not reflected in quirks. The huge barrel-shaped torso is easily visually parsable by any enemy pilot trying to target you, and NO armor quirks means that you are very easy to take out. Low cockpit doesn't help too, as you have to expose your torso quite a lot to actually see anything from behind a hill, and a mix of 6 hardpoints, one of which is a solo missile point in CT in 3 main variants, doesn't even allow for boating or taking a single large MRM. And it also means that the ability to mount a big engine doesn't help it, since it can't take enough light weapons to be an effective fast harasser.

The only thing Uzi seems to be okay at is PPC poptarting, and that's not something other mediums can't do. It really needs a buff.

#25 Ghost0r

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

My best attemt until now, 2 more jjs would be better i guess.

BELIAL

#26 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

GIVE THIS MECH SOME QUIRKS

#27 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:07 AM

View PostSonork, on 19 July 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Been mucking around with a bunch of different loadouts. This one has been the most versatile and fun imo. UZL-3S Heavy PPC x1 Medium laser x3 MRM10 x1 Max jump jets and AMS http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0b0cc59df3b65d7 Easily tweakable if you don't want ams or maxed jump jets. Basically you want to skirmish and avoid fire by pop tarting and using terrain. Jump to annoying places, 6 JJ allows for HPG wall climbing. (barely) Heavy PPC is really good.

At first I said "ew," but then I tried it. I really enjoy this build, though I did go more tryhard and dropped the ams and some jjs to fit a LFE 255. Been fun so far!

#28 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

Massively disappointed with this mech! I'm finding my Shawks and Enforcers much more durable even with XLs in them and I've swapped out the XLs in favour of LFEs in the Uzis. Those shoulders seem to pop out in seconds. Something is badly wrong with either the hitboxes geometry or armour/structure values.

I've tried hill humping but those shoulders poke up too much once you've got yourself in a position where you can see anything. Pop tarting works ok but I'm not a fan of it as a gamestyle.

Any weapon that requires sustained fire seems to struggle - RACs, UACs etc. Your side torsos are just too much of a target. I've had some fun with light PPCs and MRMs, although the latter are a bit of a risk given the face time required to ensure your stream hits the target.

Peaking does work but limits the firepower you can lay down. I've had some success with pulse lasers and LB10/5AXs.

However, at the moment this mech feels a bit DOA.....
At the moment this mech feels DOA.

#29 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

This mech BADLY needs significant ST durability buffs.

#30 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

Anyone else find themselves getting popped from the front, while the enemy is firing on you from behind? I've completely turn my mech around and still took hits to the front. Perhaps its just bad hit reg lag. But something seems wonky.

Much like everyone else I've found poptarting is the only thing they're especially good for due to the need to stay out of the line of fire. Double HPPC for me.

Though I do somewhat enjoy a build using RAC2+RAC5+2xERSmall. The high ballistic mounts on the 2S make it easy to harass over the top. But it's all about positioning and separation. Mostly just harass enemies or supporting a push.

#31 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

Uziels seem to be pretty close to on-par with the Cougars right now, and that isn't a good thing.

#32 Michail Koga

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVienna/Austria

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

Uziels need as much love as possible from PGI.
It feels like every shot, and it doesnet matter what weapon, opens up the torso und your done. I would not complain about the low cockpit and its general design because that's just what the uziels look like and everyone knew it when they send money to PGI in exchange.
My first attempt was to use the Uziel as a brawler. That failed miserable. Second line mech = failed. Stay back and pretend your not here = that works but that's not really fun to play.
With the new event starting today, I hope PGI can get some more statistics to support my claim.
Please PGI, spend this mech some quirks.

#33 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

The Uziels can be summed up in one word:
Horribad.

#34 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

Well, the Uziel doesn't seem to be much better after the hit-box update. I'm still driving my 2S trying to get my KDR out of the cellar. I didn't have much luck (well, not much of the GOOD kind of luck at any rate) with the 2xLPPC + SPPC + SRM6 (2t), LFE275, 3xJJ, 2xDHS build I started with.

So I dropped the PPC's for an LPL + 2xERML, and put in an MRM10 w/ 1t ammo instead of the SRM6 w/2t. That helped with the heat problems I kept having, even before changing how many DHS's I had (38% vs 44% in Smurfy). I had also found I wasn't able to use the PPC's range well, so losing some range but keeping the same amount of energy damage at shorter range for less heat wasn't much of a loss for me. But I had a lot of spare tonnage now. So, I tossed in an LFE300, another DHS, and a 4th JJ. I'll also be able to swap out the Adv Zoom skill node (and the extra one I needed to get to it) for 2 more survivability nodes, maybe get a bit more armor and/or structure.

Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear

So far, I'm liking it better. But since I completely hated the crap out of the original build, that doesn't mean a whole lot. It's still a very underperforming mech overall.

#35 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 02 August 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Uziels seem to be pretty close to on-par with the Cougars right now, and that isn't a good thing.

Strongly disagree. I got both, but my Cougars are having no trouble at all pulling down 600+ damage and multiple kills. I haven't managed to break even in my Uzis yet. I wouldn't ask for more quirks on my Cougars, because they perform just fine as they are... but the Uziels need quirks, desperately. More than that, they need a rescale. The hitboxes were going to be bad one way or another; there's no way around that with those broad shoulders and protruding nose... but PGI seems to have done everything in their power to compound the bad hitboxes with every other conceivable weakness. The Uzi is too tall, too wide, and too lightly armored to do its job properly as a 50-tonner. Right now I'm quite confident in calling it the worst 'Mech in the game.

Which sucks, because I rather like it. The Uzi is one of my favorite 'Mechs, and I hate seeing it reduced to a bad joke.

#36 Dr Bonez

• Pip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

So gentlemen and women, I have been tooling around with my uziels for a while now and I have a build which I find works rather well.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3bdf99ba2b48ab3

I do pretty decent damage with it and do say more in a 1.5 firing line position than front line. I find this build an all around good time.

#37 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostErtur, on 11 August 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

The Uziels can be summed up in one word:
Horribad.

I have had an opportunity to run with Uziels for a much longer time now, and currently feel that my initial assessment was a bit hasty. I have since come to appreciate that the Uziel is, in fact, a steaming puddle of rotting diarrhea.

I tried using 'steaming puddle of rotting diarrhea' as the name for one of them, but that name was too long: I could only get 'steaming pud.' While that sounds appropriately obscene, it doesn't convey my loathing well enough, so I went with 'Deathtrap' instead.

No real point. Just incredibly frustrated with trying to find a valid use for this entirely useless thing.

It's even useless as a paperweight. At 50tons it would crush any desk you tried using it on.

Maybe it would be a good decorative planter.

#38 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

The Uziel needs quirks. For a 50 ton IS medium, it is squishy. Too squishy. Sure its fast and its weapons are located high at cockpit level or a bit over, making it a good poptart sniper or long range mech, but with how high alphas can be in this game now, nothing will save you. It needs armor quirks and heat generation quirks. Heck, they could take it a bit futher and skip on giving it dedicated heat gen, could give it a quirk for faster cooling.

Would make it a nice mech if it had some armor quirks, slightly better hitboxes and heat cooling quirks. But as it stands now with how big its side torsos are, its a fragile mech that dies fast.

#39 Dr Bonez

• Pip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

I wonder if you are playing the same way I do with this mech. Not to be offensive, but if you ever expect this mech to be a front liner, either some days you have to be bored and ballsy as me or your wrong...

Anyhow, the mech is meant to be a 1.5-2nd line mech. I play cautiously and never really lead the charge. I've even stripped the JJs out of most of them because I dont use them and still pull great damage every game. and by great I mean somewhere in the range of 450-550.

It is also not as if my builds are anything great.
This is my 2S, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...df2234b1bcb647a
My 3P, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3bdf99ba2b48ab3
the 3S, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1090118d1532154

I simply think that we are expecting this 50 ton mech to be anything better than what it is right now. And what it is is a fire support mech. So, until PGI buffs it, these are things that we will have to do.

While I'm at it, anyone have thoughts on the builds?

Edited by Dr Bonez, 30 August 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#40 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostDr Bonez, on 30 August 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

It is also not as if my builds are anything great.
This is my 2S, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...df2234b1bcb647a
My 3P, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3bdf99ba2b48ab3
the 3S, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1090118d1532154

While I'm at it, anyone have thoughts on the builds?

Those builds do look solid for a given playstyle. But, with how the RAC2s behave, might be better to swap to two UAC5s with 3 tons of ammo. The Uziel gets a UAC jam bonus so, running it with the UAC5s could pay off. The 3S is what I run in mine... But, I take JJs because of the VERY nice depression the Uziel gets when it looks up and down.

I have a few I can add myself. While I do think the mech is squishy, I have had some very nice games in it.
UZL-2S
UZL-B
UZL-3S
UZL-3S (Gauss)

The 2S is more of a jump sniper with the SRMs and MGs as a last resort if something gets too close to you. Stay in the back line, fire at what you can, don't get caught. You are fast enough to be mobile and can jump high enough to poptart.

the Belial is a very fast skirmisher. With speed tweek, it can go 122 kph while carrying a decent loadout. I run it in FW with my team when we do light rushes. Reason being is it can jump very high and be mobile enough to keep up with light mechs and still hit like a truck.

The 3S is a support mech. Jump around, be mobile and use that UAC10 as your main firepower. Support assault mech pushes and always be on the move. The Jump jets allow you to jump to elevated terrain and, once more, take advantage of its extreme depression.

The Gauss 3S carries 2 ERLLs and a Light Gauss for long range sniper harassment. Can snipe targets at 800m away effectively and can be fast enough to skirt around for better fire positions. It can also jump to elevated terrain to take advantage of the benefits it has going for it.

Edited by Kitty Bacon, 30 August 2017 - 09:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users