This Is By Far...

51 replies to this topic

#41 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationBetween Type 1 and Type 2

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostAntares102, on 14 July 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Sure, pay PGI 50k$ and they will certainly listen to your feedback.
As I said, concept art and mechs are one of the only things they get right most of the time.

Who are you to judge the usefulness of camos?
You dont like them others like them very much.
Different people, different priorities.

And overall, if you dislike PGIs work just don't buy it. It's as simple as that. End of discussion.

There are plenty of camos I rarely see put on mechs. You could say it would be smart for business to cut out the ones that don't sell well.

Pay them 50k to fix their own mistakes? I hope you never ask for changes in the game in these forums otherwise I expect you to pony up 50k per request...

Quit trying to argue with me.

They model does not match the concept art. It's not even off by a little but a lot.

#42 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 14 July 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

There are plenty of camos I rarely see put on mechs. You could say it would be smart for business to cut out the ones that don't sell well.

Pay them 50k to fix their own mistakes? I hope you never ask for changes in the game in these forums otherwise I expect you to pony up 50k per request...

Lol I wont quit arguing with you Posted Image
I also asked for changes but I am not delusional and expect PGI to actually implement them.
I just want to see what the community has to say about it.
And actually there HAVE been instances were PGI implemented player requests.
Bounty Hunter II engine cap increase comes to mind.
Oh and Urbie, oh and police urbie, Kodiak, and lots of other mechs.
Its just that you need tons of supportes for such a thing constantly tweeting Russ.
THEN you get what you want.

They model does not match the concept art. It's not even off by a little but a lot.

Nobody cares. People will buy it no matter what for various reasons.
If you dont like it dont buy it. Constantly reminding everybody that you dont like the implementation of the concept art won't change a thing.

Edited by Antares102, 14 July 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#43 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,829 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

Do you have the statistical data showing which camo not selling well? And even if they do you screwing over players who may have the camo, even refunded you left with a very bitter customer because of such actions. And they have to make sure camos have to be nice worked on the mech not splattered lazily.

Same could say to you asking for them to "fix the models" or anybody in these forums.

The model doesn't even closely resemble the concept art* There you go save you bunch of typing. And it's the concept art it's the basis where you go from, it won't be 100% like the concept art, but it will damn sure it be close to with a few adjustments.

#44 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 July 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Do you have the statistical data showing which camo not selling well? And even if they do you screwing over players who may have the camo, even refunded you left with a very bitter customer because of such actions. And they have to make sure camos have to be nice worked on the mech not splattered lazily.

Same could say to you asking for them to "fix the models" or anybody in these forums.

The model doesn't even closely resemble the concept art* There you go save you bunch of typing. And it's the concept art it's the basis where you go from, it won't be 100% like the concept art, but it will damn sure it be close to with a few adjustments.

Obviously you don't understand discontinuing something. Who said removeing camos in the game. You do realize they spend most of the time texturing all the camos per chassis right? So what I'm saying is maybe it's time to start cutting back on those camos and discontinue them. Obviously they would eliminate the ones that don't sell well.

I'm glad you two have low standards. I however do not.

Edited by DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, 14 July 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#45 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 14 July 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

... says the one insulting people.

#46 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

Also let's not forget they set the deadlines and mech are the only content MWO pretty much gets. So excuse me for wanting it done right. If it delayed the release a week or two to make the changes I would have accepted it, and I'm the number one person who pushed for the damn mech in the first place!

View PostAntares102, on 14 July 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

... says the one insulting people.

Not an insult but an observation. There are 3-4 threads about how bad this release of models are. You're the minority here.

#47 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 14 July 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

Not an insult but an observation. There are 3-4 threads about how bad this release of models are. You're the minority here.

Bishop made a thread about that and so did some others.

But as usual in every part of life only those unhappy with something come forward in a very subjective way.
However, seeing multiple disagreement threads does not mean that everbody feels the same way.
Your samples to justify your assertion are too few and biased.
You yourself are biased towards a certain direction and you therefore interpret signs that support your assertions as facts without looking at the hole picture. Unless you do a representative unbiased poll your argument is invalid.

I like the Mad Cat MkII as it is and if you understand the
meaning of the word "concept" then you know that "concept art" can never be identical to the real thing.

Edited by Antares102, 14 July 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#48 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostAntares102, on 14 July 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Bishop made a thread about that and so did some others.

But as usual in every part of life only those unhappy with something come forward in a very sujective way.
However, seeing multiple disagreement threads does not mean that everbody feels the same way.
Your samples to justify your assertion are too few and biased.
You yourself are biased towards a certain direction and you therefore interpret signs that support your assertions as facts without looking at the hole picture. Unless you do a representative unbiased poll your argument is invalid.

I like the Mad Cat MkII as it is and if you understand the meaning of the word "concept" then you know that "concept art" can never be identical to the real thing.

In a video game yes it can lol quit acting like there is real world limitations on building 0101110011011

https://mwomercs.com...justments-poll/

#49 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 14 July 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

In a video game yes it can lol quit acting like there is real world limitations on building 0101110011011

https://mwomercs.com...justments-poll/

While I do no consider 28 votes to be representative I concede your point that the "majority" does want some sort of rework.
However, even with the answer of PhantomDust (PGI) (https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5720612) who accepted the change request by CK16 to the Mad Cat MKII ballistic weapon positioning nothing has changed and nothing will change.

Edited by Antares102, 14 July 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#50 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostAntares102, on 14 July 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

While I do no consider 28 votes to be representative I concede your point that the "majority" does want some sort of rework.
However, even with the answer of PhantomDust (PGI) (https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5720612) who accepted the change request by CK16 to the Mad Cat MKII ballistic weapon positioning nothing has changed and nothing will change.

Geee I wonder why we only got 28 votes...

Here's how it works

If the majority doesn't say anything they don't care either way. As for the votes that's sadly all that really seem to be acive and cared in this 4-5 year old games forums on that particular topic. 2 people we against it.

So the people that really cared and take the time took the time to write up a request of changes respectfully and were basically ignored.

That's why people really don't even bother to post feedback on the forums. It's just a waste of time. These forums have less and less posters each day. Not saying the game is dead, but people know their feedback is never taken seriously.

I've put about 3k in this game now I think close to or just over it. Sure that's a drop in the bucket. Still I think listening to the people who shell out money for the game should be listened to.

Edited by DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, 14 July 2017 - 03:32 PM.

#51 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,829 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 14 July 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Obviously you don't understand discontinuing something. Who said removeing camos in the game. You do realize they spend most of the time texturing all the camos per chassis right? So what I'm saying is maybe it's time to start cutting back on those camos and discontinue them. Obviously they would eliminate the ones that don't sell well.

Low standards what type of low class moron believe I have low standards, if you gonna make assumptions about someone make sure your accurate. Seriously human stupidity always get me wondering....

And discontinuing camo from the the collector, special line you coming at, what about saying that instead of being so vague. Also discontinuing the special and collector line just so you don't like the time they put on their work on it will give even more incentive for players to not buy them and it's already low enough as it meaning pgi have to rework the whole business model and everything that it effects like the loyalty program as it's pretty much evident that pgi will use the loyalty program to get people to purchase collector packs and what not to incentives players who want new mech variants and for pgi boost their mech pack sales.

Simply because you feel like they shouldn't do one thing to favor another is not enough reason to swade someone other's minds about something, some people like the special camos they see and would buy a mech soley for that at times. You need to see more than the texture and modeling team is putting to much time on camos over following the concept art to a T to make sure it's 100% like the art....

#52 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostJack Booted Thug, on 14 July 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

And capes.... don't forget the capes. Ice Ferret and Spider would look quite fancy in those

All i ever wanted for the PNT was a tattered red cape...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users