Mad Cat Mk Ii Model Adjustments.

BattleMechs

242 replies to this topic

#61 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,079 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

They should also increase the length of the arm, and the nose.

#62 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostAidan Kell, on 01 May 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

The Mad Cat Mk II is considered iconic because it was a literal icon for MW Dark Age as well as several rulebooks.

The Project Phoenix Battlemaster gets used similarly and probably has been on more publications. Don't see anyone claiming it's iconic.

#63 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 372 posts
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 May 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

They should also increase the length of the arm, and the nose.

I don't agree on the arms, balance reasons

#64 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostGimpy117, on 01 May 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

That's not really how this works... otherwise we need to go back to the drawing board and balance a bunch of other mechs because their art style and profile is too good or too crappy.

Everything being asked for here is to match the concept art of the mech.

#65 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

I just hope we get an answer soon, cause there is really no reason why they could not set them in further, they did it on the Marauder IIC and Supernova. If they say no, it is purely they do not want to for what ever reasons.

Reworking the arms as described a bit, that is probably a bit more work, though a blend of both would be optimal. I would settle for just the mounts further into the arms here.

Would be nice to get a response from dev though saying yes or no.

#66 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostCK16, on 01 May 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

I just hope we get an answer soon, cause there is really no reason why they could not set them in further, they did it on the Marauder IIC and Supernova. If they say no, it is purely they do not want to for what ever reasons.

Reworking the arms as described a bit, that is probably a bit more work, though a blend of both would be optimal. I would settle for just the mounts further into the arms here.

Hopefully the changes asked for do get implemented. I have a suspicion like the Warhammer we will get the answer after the rework is done and another image can be taken.

Just remember all the sales up to the point before the models were shown we based off Alex's art. Many do not visit the forums anymore or never have. So hopefully that is taken into consideration. I hope the fixes aren't pending a certain level of support and feedback.

Edited by Imperius, 01 May 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#67 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostCK16, on 01 May 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

I just hope we get an answer soon,

I'd guess that the devs won't tell us if they can't or won't change the 3D models. If there's only silence then it stays.

We were lucky with the Warhammer's case that it's Russ' favorite 'Mech (he said it), among other reasons which lead to it being fixed before launch.

#68 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Still going to stress me out a bit till hear an answer sadly.

#69 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

View PostGimpy117, on 01 May 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

"balance" reasons? Do enlighten, please as to where the balance issue is?

#70 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostCK16, on 01 May 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Still going to stress me out a bit till hear an answer sadly.

Well, that Arman (I think it was him) said that he will look into it whether the Gauss can be flipped vertically is a good start.

#71 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Wow those arms are short, not at all how I've seen the mech depicted.

Think I'll just wait and see on this one, maybe just buy the hero for MC in a year or two.

#72 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 01 May 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

Well, that Arman (I think it was him) said that he will look into it whether the Gauss can be flipped vertically is a good start.

Actually I think he said he already flipped it. https://twitter.com/...126007038951425

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Actually I think he said he already flipped it. https://twitter.com/...126007038951425

lets hope.

Speaking as an artist myself, even if nowhere near as accomplished as these guys...I know how much this kind of criticism can hurt.... but .... some stuff... to me jsut has to be done, and the arms, IMO, while they don't actually look "terrible", they are just so drastically different than the concept art, I feel it's something that needs to be addressed.

The CT....meh... be nice, but not so huge as to be a deal breaker, IMO (it sure ain't as bad as the Enforcers forehead issue), and the legs I think are actually fine, especially once taken out of the Z Pose.

BUt the arms. That's just too far a divergence.

And for the record...I still think even as it it looks very good.... it just doesn't look like what was advertised. :/

#74 PhantomDust

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hey guys!

I am actively looking at this thread and taking in all the feedback. I don't want to promise anything until its actually done/approved.

But what i can say is that I have already flipped the Gauss rifles to fit the concept, as for pushing the Gauss rifles in that still needs to be discussed with the appropriate people.

Cheers,

Arman

#75 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostPhantomDust, on 01 May 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Hey guys!

I am actively looking at this thread and taking in all the feedback. I don't want to promise anything until its actually done/approved.

But what i can say is that I have already flipped the Gauss rifles to fit the concept, as for pushing the Gauss rifles in that still needs to be discussed with the appropriate people.
I'll try my best to keep you guys updated.

Cheers,

Arman

We all have bosses to answer to. So I can understand that. And honestly, you guys, visually do great work. Thanks for giving us a chance to speak our mind!

#76 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

I dunno, that tro image linked earlier seems to me to have the barrels sticking out more (current) rather than less (like the mad iic and snv). I kinda like it that way... I think it just ends up being a matter of preference in style... as I can't see that having a reasonably realistic impact on gameplay.

Anyway, promise all the things! alllll the things!!!

#77 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 30 April 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

I'm glad that this seems to be popular:

It's not surprising really considering it will be a top teir clan mech that a lot of people have been waiting for. It's a shame there aren't similar threads for the other mechs though.

#78 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:23 AM

View PostDogstar, on 02 May 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

It's not surprising really considering it will be a top teir clan mech that a lot of people have been waiting for. It's a shame there aren't similar threads for the other mechs though.

I mean there are two other threads about "Mad Cat Mk. II 3D model translation error" but they didn't gain much traction while this one has more than 3000 views and counting.

It's all about how you write the title I guess (so that people check the thread).

#79 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:34 AM

View PostPhantomDust, on 01 May 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Hey guys!

I'll try my best to keep you guys updated.

Cheers,

Arman

Thanks!

#80 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 30 April 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

by Tarogato

The nose also seems a bit bulbous compared to the concept art.

There are also other minor translation errors on the arms (the GRs are situated a touch higher on the concept art) and crotch area.

As far as the MadCat Mk2 goes, yeah, I agree about the ballistic hardpoints being a bit too protruding. Also, the arm boxes seem to be a bit shorter than the concept art..

I have also noticed the slim flimsy-looking legs.. I hope they make them a bit bulkier and the parts under the knee rounder..

As far as the other Civil War mechs.. the Annihilator is OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE UGLY!

Yes, I said it.

It's UGLY.

The whole thing looks waaay to slim, the head is sorta awkward and also to slim. Neck should he thicker at the base, legs should be thicker, arms should be rounder (like in the concept art), and the shoulder handle-bars should be removed entirely..

Please PGI, make the Annihilator nicer.. it looks really ugly..

Cougar is awesome looking, and the Uziel is amazing.. good job on that one..

And just in case you were wondering.. you pronounced the Uziel wrong..

It's the "U-Ziiii-El" not "U-Z-El" (Example of this is the quartermaster in MW4 I think that pronounces it, I tried to find the cinematic on google, but alas, I failed :-( )

Edited by Vellron2005, 02 May 2017 - 03:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users