675 replies to this topic

#661 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

Now that IS have same weapons as Clan, shouldn't the drop deck tonnage be equal to? Or at least 250 for clan??Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 21 July 2017 - 06:26 AM.

#662 Six Barrel

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

How did PGI miss the point in the hotfix, that clan-medpuls and clan-med laser are at the same damage, tough the puls do more heat and the weight is one ton higher... The shorter duration can't explain it in whole. That has to be an error. Otherwise I would like to have a serious explanation!

#663 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

Mech stats needs some improvement. Make it larger, colour coded? with just the ammo + racks for loaded weapons..?

#664 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostBolter01, on 20 July 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Does a light XL benifit from 'case' (+ammo)?

No it does not. I would benefit from CaseII (if that were in the game) as instead of containing the explosion in X location it instead transfers the explosion out the back armor.

I believe that case was used with XLs in BattleTech as it reduced the cost of repair and perhaps prevented pilot death?

#665 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:46 PM

View PostSix Barrel, on 21 July 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

How did PGI miss the point in the hotfix, that clan-medpuls and clan-med laser are at the same damage, tough the puls do more heat and the weight is one ton higher... The shorter duration can't explain it in whole. That has to be an error. Otherwise I would like to have a serious explanation!

Actually the medium pulse creates less heat. The whole energy revamp came with the regular update. ER Mediums trade range and less weight with more heat, duration and cooldown. Still deals more damage than it's IS counterpart, now all the medium lasers are pretty much canon.

From page 1:

Clan ER Medium Laser

• Heat increased to 6.3 (from 6).

• Cooldown duration increased to 3.75 (from 3.5).

• Optimal Range decreased to 400 (from 405).

• Max Range increased to 800 (from 688).

Clan Medium Pulse Laser

• Damage decreased to 7 (from 7.5).

• Heat decreased to 4.75 (from 5).

Edited by Gasoline, 21 July 2017 - 10:49 PM.

#666 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

The game still balances so poorly that the IS needs those ten tons.

#667 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostGasoline, on 21 July 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

If you happen to find your Blood Adder invalid after the hotfix, fiddle with the armor on the LT. Took me a while to figure that out.

Yup.

If you ever have trouble saving a mech and it showing invalid, the first thing to try to fix it is just going to Strip Mech, and stripping *everything*, saving, then rebuilding it. Sometimes, an object can get saved on a mech but not show - I've had Targeting Computers get "stuck" on mechs too, where you can't see it, but can't add a new one because the game still thinks there's one installed.

Strip, Save, Rebuild.

Edit: Be sure to use the "Strip Mech" function and tick all the boxes, don't just remove everything.

Edited by Wintersdark, 22 July 2017 - 09:43 AM.

#668 Thomasso

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 54 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 22 July 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

The game still balances so poorly that the IS needs those ten tons.

Well... after playing few CW matches I wouldn't say that. I play in a small mercenary unit (3-4 guys). Now as a Clan mercenary. All matches we lost (and they were terrible battles). So... or more players just play IS now, or many good players/teams now switched to IS, or now IS is just on par with Clans???
Fact is that IS have now really good stuff to use and their tech is much sturdier than Clan tech - so it evens up the chances so IMHO available drop tonnage should be equal for both sides.
Anyway... using tonnage as a drop factor is a bad idea. It should be based on sth. like Battle Value (calculated for each mech).

Best Regards

#669 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostThomasso, on 24 July 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

Well... after playing few CW matches I wouldn't say that. I play in a small mercenary unit (3-4 guys). Now as a Clan mercenary. All matches we lost (and they were terrible battles). So... or more players just play IS now, or many good players/teams now switched to IS, or now IS is just on par with Clans???
Fact is that IS have now really good stuff to use and their tech is much sturdier than Clan tech - so it evens up the chances so IMHO available drop tonnage should be equal for both sides.
Anyway... using tonnage as a drop factor is a bad idea. It should be based on sth. like Battle Value (calculated for each mech).

Best Regards

I would assume this faction play event right after the new tech drop is for testing exactly this. I wouldn't be surprised to see drop tonnage adjustments after this.

#670 TheGunKnows

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationJapan

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

So... patcher is at 1.6gb out of 972mb... is this normal?

edit: 17,5gb now... what the hell.

edit 2: Ok seems to be validating now...

Edited by TheGunKnows, 24 July 2017 - 09:51 PM.

#671 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Unplayable... from 50-70+ FPS to 3-12 if I'm lucky after patch. Good thing I wasn't actually expecting to need the premium time... burned again. Posted Image

#672 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:40 AM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 24 July 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

Unplayable... from 50-70+ FPS to 3-12 if I'm lucky after patch.

Use repair tool, with clean shaders and reset render options. I did not notice any impact on performance after this patch.
If your frames are unstable in combat - it is particles. You can turn them off with "Low" particles settings, or optimise overall video setting or your PC. For me PostAA and high particles run better than FXAA and medium particles.. Game still drops speed when renders many particles, but almost nothing gamebreaking.
There was also good settings tutorial on youtube
Spoiler

#673 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 25 July 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Use repair tool, with clean shaders and reset render options. I did not notice any impact on performance after this patch.
If your frames are unstable in combat - it is particles. You can turn them off with "Low" particles settings, or optimise overall video setting or your PC. For me PostAA and high particles run better than FXAA and medium particles.. Game still drops speed when renders many particles, but almost nothing gamebreaking.
There was also good settings tutorial on youtube
Spoiler

Thanks, did that first already. Went so far as to delete all game files and reinstall fresh (sitting through the start of that lame tutorial) and it's completely unplayable for me.

#674 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Anyone else getting odd heat issues in FP... sometimes I start overheating and only 60-70% heat... and then cooling off suddenly goes REALLY slow...

#675 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:33 AM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 25 July 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Thanks, did that first already. Went so far as to delete all game files and reinstall fresh (sitting through the start of that lame tutorial) and it's completely unplayable for me.

Strange, because only performance impact i noticed was introduction of new particles, and it was like a year ago, or more. First it was only new white overheat smoke, and i experienced it only on HPG manifold, later all particles were reworked as such. If thats the case - drop particles to Low setting, it will turn them off.
About deleting game files - just in case, all settings are stored there C:\Users\*name*\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online , or you can delete user profile through repair tool, though you will have to remap weapon groups again.
Other ideas - update video drivers, check PC cooling system (could be the heat).
Well, good luck, hope it will help.

#676 Kurlon

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

So, I'm able to get match stats for private matches as described in the patch notes. Comp mode matches don't provide a publish button, but there is a match ID reported in the score screen. That match ID doesn't generate stats via the API. Is this intentional?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users