Waiting For Everyone To Get Their Nutech Hype Out Of Their System.

60 replies to this topic

#1 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Seriously.

I hope, once the hype has died down, we can go back to leaving the trash at home and bring decent loadouts again. Potatos are out in force, and they are running the most atrocious garbage collections under the sun. Metamechs stopped updating, and people forget how to build mechs.

MRMs bad.
Rotaries bad.
Light Pepsis bad.
Light Gauss bad.
ATMs bad.
Micro Lasers bad.
Heavy Lasers bad.
Uziel paper.
Mad Cat MkII paper.
Annihilator too slow and big.

There is only so much I can endure, and MRM30 boating Maulers ain't it. Neither are ShadowCats with 7 HMGs and a Heavy Large Laser, or any combination of the above memes. Twin Rotary 2 Cicadas, single HPPC Spiders, Quad Heavy Large Laser Hunchbacks, ugh.

There's some actual good weapons in the bunch. Use those - please?

isUAC10 filthy good.
isUAC20 good.
isERML good.
2 - 4 HMGs good.
Snubnose PPC good.

Here's to hope it dies down sooner than later. Because, right now, it's just an all around pathetic display of what team has more potatoes, a race to do worse than the other dozen.

#2 Mestari

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDropped outside the map

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Yeah the rotary meme is getting old, the new IS UACS are fantastic, give them a try.

#3 Albiceleste

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

In my old day we didnt have lazy no heat, no min range PPC and long range srms!!!111!! I cant beat you all with 3015 era tech and single hand any LFE with my std 200.

Edited by PGI Bot, 19 July 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#4 Mestari

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDropped outside the map

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

View PostPGI Bot, on 19 July 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

In my old day we didnt have lazy no heat, no min range PPC and long range srms!!!111!! I cant beat you all with 3015 era tech and single hand any LFE with my std 200.

I think you're missing the point, OP is saying most of the nutech is worse than oldtech, and encouraging people to use the good nutech instead of the bad.

#5 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Seriously.

I hope, once the hype has died down, we can go back to leaving the trash at home and bring decent loadouts again. Potatos are out in force, and they are running the most atrocious garbage collections under the sun. Metamechs stopped updating, and people forget how to build mechs.

MRMs bad.
Rotaries bad.
Light Pepsis bad.
Light Gauss bad.
ATMs bad.
Micro Lasers bad.
Heavy Lasers bad.
Uziel paper.
Mad Cat MkII paper.
Annihilator too slow and big.

There is only so much I can endure, and MRM30 boating Maulers ain't it. Neither are ShadowCats with 7 HMGs and a Heavy Large Laser, or any combination of the above memes. Twin Rotary 2 Cicadas, single HPPC Spiders, Quad Heavy Large Laser Hunchbacks, ugh.

There's some actual good weapons in the bunch. Use those - please?

isUAC10 filthy good.
isUAC20 good.
isERML good.
2 - 4 HMGs good.
Snubnose PPC good.

Here's to hope it dies down sooner than later. Because, right now, it's just an all around pathetic display of what team has more potatoes, a race to do worse than the other dozen.

I would say Heavy Mediums are situationally good on fast light mechs. eg: 6xCHML JR7-IIC-A. You can alpha the standard builds (about 85% heat) into someone's back and then run away. If you stagger fire in groups of 3 to avoid ghost heat, you're still OK for fighting.

#6 Albiceleste

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostMestari, on 19 July 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I think you're missing the point, OP is saying most of the nutech is worse than oldtech, and encouraging people to use the good nutech instead of the bad.

And Im supporting his post with my ''long live to oldtech'' I dont see where I missed the point.

Edited by PGI Bot, 19 July 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#7 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

But... I actually like ATM's, heavy lasers, and (on my Bushwacker at least) RAC's?

Honestly, I'm just happy we have a bit more build diversity than usual. Was getting REALLY tired of everyone running just SRMs or PPC+Gauss builds.

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Seriously.

Yeah?

Wait until PGI starts dinking with all the stats via their promised "close monitoring" and "major rebalance".

I'm thinking every month for a good while we will get to do this, over and over and over.

#9 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostPGI Bot, on 19 July 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

uhm
snub got more heat than ppc.

#10 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 19 July 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

But... I actually like ATM's, heavy lasers, and (on my Bushwacker at least) RAC's?

You can do that, it's fine. They're still bad weapons. Unless you are coming from cERLL and LRMs, then you made a step forward. ATMs are, at least, better weapons than LRMs, and Heavy Mediums are, at least, more feasible weapons than cERLL. RACs are still a meme. It's like quad UAC2 spam all over again. High face time, low damage, for hig heat and tonnage. Facetanking has never been a good strategy in MW:O, and RACs are all about the facetanking. But hey. There's people defending LRMs to their deathbeds, so I am sure, RACs will find some advocates, too.

#11 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

ATMs aren't bad, they are decent. MKII paper? lolwut?

#12 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

You can do that, it's fine. They're still bad weapons. Unless you are coming from cERLL and LRMs, then you made a step forward. ATMs are, at least, better weapons than LRMs, and Heavy Mediums are, at least, more feasible weapons than cERLL. RACs are still a meme. It's like quad UAC2 spam all over again. High face time, low damage, for hig heat and tonnage. Facetanking has never been a good strategy in MW:O, and RACs are all about the facetanking. But hey. There's people defending LRMs to their deathbeds, so I am sure, RACs will find some advocates, too.

For ATM's, it's mostly because I've always wanted a middleground between SSRMs and LRMs. And even though they're not super efficient, that's what ATMs are. They just clicked with me. Really do think they should get HP buffs and making the min range a soft cap, but hey, they're fun for me.

Heavy lasers for me are mostly for mechs without many hardpoints. For instance, my AMS cute fox just got a MASSIVE damage boost, and I already aimed for people's legs in it before this, so the burn time doesn't effect me.

Literally the only mech I've run RAC's on since the patch is my Bushwacker, and twin RAC/2's work great on it. But that's because of the fact that it's good at giving suppressive fire wherever you want it, whenever you want it. Before new tech I was running with triple AC/2's on it and doing good, and this is just a step up from it.

Most of the new tech bashing I've personally seen is from people who don't get what the point of the new systems are, and are trying to use them in situations they just won't work in.

View PostAcehilator, on 19 July 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

I love her, but her bunny ears and squishy legs are a problem. That, and with the amount of high damage alphas flying around right now, her arms melt off a bit quickly if you know how to twist. But I'm not a great Assault pilot, so I'm a bad person to judge an Assault.

Edited by RestosIII, 19 July 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#13 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

at this point I'm just waiting for it to become a meta and all the weirdness goes away. rounds are nuts today and I'm seeing mechs just melt in an instant all over the place. watching a team go 4 mechs down in like 2 minutes.

#14 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostAcehilator, on 19 July 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Big, slow, bad hitboxes, no quirks, low mounts.

#15 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

That's all subjective. People are finding good uses for some of those bad things.

I think PGI did the right thing by being cautious about the new tech. They've been incrementally improving on the low state they started at on the PTS. That's how it should be done. Hopefully from now on we see more incremental balancing pass.

Edited by MechaBattler, 19 July 2017 - 11:48 AM.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

I don't think IS ER MLs are that good. Most of the time I end up using MLs or something else because the rest of my loadout is close enough range that the less heat is more valuable.

I have found some uses for Heavy Lasers... HLLs range profile lines up pretty nicely with cER MLs. 1 HLL and 6 ERMLs on a Cougar was a pretty fun build, with 19 DHS.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 19 July 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#17 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 19 July 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

low mounts.
Posted Image

The majority of her hardpoints are all around the cockpit. That's one of her main strengths.

#18 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

"Hey, guys. Stop having fun with your new toys in the Wild West days of a major tech release. Get back to running the same three chassis with the same two weapon set-ups on them like Metamechs ssays you should so we can all get back to being sick and tired of MWO again."

I played my first few matches in months yesterday. Toyed with ATMs primarily, but also a mixed-PPC Cicada (two Lights, one Snub) with Stealth Armor and L-AMS because I god damned could. I made my Solit Snake, and I toyed with an MRM Thunderbolt notion before going back to ATMs on mobile platforms because somehow that feels good and right.

Would not have played MWO yesterday without the new FutureTech. Would not be considering playing more tonight.

You'll get your game back in a few weeks. Endure the fun for a little bit for everyone else's sake, eh?

#19 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

>heavy lasers bad

I found that having 4 heavy mediums on a Purifier was pretty darn effective.

Mostly because you have a 40 point alpha in a mech that most people ignore / dont even think to look at in a firefight / can poke like a champ

Vid related:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160419553

Still getting used to the burn time over med-pulse but I am starting to really like the heavy meds

Edited by Hal Greaves, 19 July 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#20 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

Sheesh, dude, it's been 24 hours. I'm glad you've got the new meta pinned down already, but it's gonna take the rest of the playerbase a little bit longer because we're not as Pro as you. Some of us potatoes gotta chew on things a while to feel them out.

Deal with it, heya?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users