Nerf/buff

60 replies to this topic

#61 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Every single one of my lost matches resulted in no skill loss or an increase, and every win showed an increase. All of those mentioned wins were at least 400 match score with at least 400 damage using a light. (was running the Adder Cinder exclusively for a while) If getting that much match score, and if doing that much damage in a slow light, (dying or not didn't seem to affect anything) doesn't improve the skill rating effectively at all, then something's wrong with the system. (not that I'm surprised)

Just had a nice 600+ match score win with over 900 damage in my MCII-2 LRM boat, (1 non-solo kill, 3 KMDD, 8 assists, only 2 allied deaths, skirmish on Polar, 2 lights + 1 medium + me carried the entire team) and it was supposedly increasing my 'skill' rating, but apparently unnoticably so. I dropped down to 2/3 of the bar on T5 because of my first week back to this game since open beta, (playing a 'meta' CTF-4X from OB was like throwing stones at a tank and hoping it would kill something) and just barely got to the 3/4 mark by the time the FP-only challenge started.

The skill rating system is totally broken, as many other threads have mentioned since its inception. (I've been reading old forum posts recently)

PS: I figured out those skill rating boost/drop scores myself after a few dozen matches... I pick up on things really quickly when I'm exposed to them for a while.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 03 August 2017 - 10:10 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users