- - - - -

What Is The Fastest Mech?

13 replies to this topic

#1 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

I have a Locust that goes 165.4 kph, is there anything that goes faster?

#2 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

some Commandos that can use a 240 XL are the fastest ones with speed tweak running 167,2

- Death's Knell
- 1B
- 1D
- 3A

Edited by Thrudvangar, 25 July 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#3 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

Commando 1B, 1D, 3A and Death's Knell will edge out the Locusts/Spiders/Assassin by 1.6-1.7 km/h.

LCT: 190 engine, 20 ton mech, 190/20 = 9.5
COM 1B, 1D, 3A, TDK: 240 engine, 25 ton mech, 240/25 = 9.6
SDR 5K, 5V: 285 engine, 30 tons, 285/30 = 9.5
ASN 101: 380 engine, 40 tons, 380/40 = 9.5

Unless you're really desperate to win a light mech only nascar race, 1% extra speed really isn't noticable.

Edit: Thrudvanger beat me to it

Edited by John1352, 25 July 2017 - 08:22 AM.

#4 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

I believe you can get the Phoenix Hawk 3S with max engine and full speed tweek (and masc) up to 169 mph.

#5 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Between the 3 which one would you guys say is the better Mech?

Edited by LMP, 25 July 2017 - 08:37 AM.

#6 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 25 July 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

I believe you can get the Phoenix Hawk 3S with max engine and full speed tweek (and masc) up to 169 mph.

How long can MASC hold it at top speed?

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostLMP, on 25 July 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

How long can MASC hold it at top speed?

about 10 seconds, after that you start suffering leg damage, and have to wait a few seconds for MASC to "recharge" before you can keep using it, I think it takes about 20-30 seconds to fully "recharge" (there is a metre, when it gets into the red your legs start taking damage, the further into the red it gets the more damage you take, you keep taking leg damage until it regenerates enough to get out of the red).

As for which is the best, out of the 3 top speed Light Mechs best for what?

Tthe Spider is by far the tankiest (and indeed is probably the most durable Light Mech in the game right now). The 5K can be pretty well armed, the 5V is the absolute most mobile Mech in the game (with that sort of speed and 12 jumpjets meaning it can jump better than anything except the Viper and the jumping Cicada varient and can outrun anything it cannot outjump) but also the least well armed, Locust and Commando cannot jump but that is what Spider is most known for.

the Locust is the most heavily armed of the 3, and most responsive, but also the lightest, hardest to hit and least durable, the cockpit view is somewhat restricted, and has by far the fastest ECM varient, (Pirates Bane, Hero Mech, only available for MC or real money, the Spider and Commando ECM varients are about 20kph slower)

the Commando misses the Locusts firepower and agility but also does not have the Spiders durability, I recomend skipping the Commando unless you are getting The Deaths Knell (Hero Mech, only available for MC or real money) which is the best armed Commando with 4 lasers

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 July 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#8 AnimePops

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

Honestly I think the Locust is a better mech due to it's high mount points. The commando is arguably "tougher" but in the current state of the game, you ill get smoked if you get hit either way so the Locust is passivly tougher since it can work the ridge lines and not get hit and the Commando has to show more of itself to work that same ridge line.

#9 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:37 AM

Just get a Locust - cheap enough to see if you actually like going that fast.

#10 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

Commando 1D is the only good one of them. With 2 SRM4's in the center torso it has awkwardly low firepower, but it is extremely persistent, hard to kill and impossible to disarm.

I'd still just get a bunch of Locusts.

#11 dfshjdgf

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

View PostLMP, on 25 July 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Between the 3 which one would you guys say is the better Mech?

I haven't tried a Death's Knell, but my locust basically considers regular commandos free kills. Commandos are a complete waste of money in my opinion. The only light my locust has had trouble killing so far are arctic cheetahs. Against anything else there's a 70% to 100% chance I'll win a 1 vs 1 against another light, depending on which one it is. Against arctic cheetahs it's more like 35%.

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 July 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Tthe Spider is by far the tankiest (and indeed is probably the most durable Light Mech in the game right now).

Nah that's the urbanmech.

Edited by Kinetomancer, 25 September 2017 - 03:16 AM.

#12 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

View PostKinetomancer, on 25 September 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

I haven't tried a Death's Knell, but my locust basically considers regular commandos free kills. Commandos are a complete waste of money in my opinion. The only light my locust has had trouble killing so far are arctic cheetahs. Against anything else there's a 70% to 100% chance I'll win a 1 vs 1 against another light, depending on which one it is. Against arctic cheetahs it's more like 35%.

Commandoes are more suited to hunt mechs larger than themselves, than to fight other lights, as every light that cannot mount small lasers /small pulse lasers effectivelly (if you combine your own speed and agility with enemy speed and agility PLUS small enemy size, anything that's not sl/spl works poorly at best). Well, maybe except that 2xsrm4 build, haven't played 1D in years.

Death knell is most armed, but also easiest to disarm. Still, works really nice for me.

#13 INVlCTUS

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:41 AM

177kph - Flea with MASC?

#14 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:13 AM

View PostAnunaki, on 26 July 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Honestly I think the Locust is a better mech due to it's high mount points. The commando is arguably "tougher" but in the current state of the game, you ill get smoked if you get hit either way so the Locust is passivly tougher since it can work the ridge lines and not get hit and the Commando has to show more of itself to work that same ridge line.

Why do people "like" this objectively flase statement? Commando is very noticeably tougher than locust. Commando's problems are not that it doesn't last a lot longer but that it also has notcieably lower firepower than Locust 1E and Flea 17.

Also for such fast and agile mechs such as Locust, Flea and Commando high mounts are not that important, what matters is that they are all very hard to hit. But a gauss volley to a Locust == Dead/crippled Locust, a Gauss Volley to a Commando == Open component commando but otherwise operational commando.

In the current state of the game, firepower >>> toughness. THIS is what makes Locust the better of the two.

Then there's the Flea it is slowest but while using MASC it is physic laws bending agile and as such very difficult to hit even for good shot pilots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users