91 replies to this topic

#81 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:04 AM

for the guys whining about no LBX in the arm, for now there isn't any ability for Crit sharing between an arm and a torso, which is how mounts like that are possible.

is entirely possible some time in the future it might happen though.

#82 Maverick89

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSantiago, Chile

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

View PostWeekendWarrior, on 03 August 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

The Warlord is an 80 ton Battlemaster knockoff evolution.

oh true the other name of Battlemaster is Warlord you alright I forget that.

#83 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

View Post50 50, on 03 August 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

A few lines later in the lore they talk about it being converted to a Battlemech.

That they do, but I will freely admit I was only skimming the post. As much as I love the lore surrounding this game, we still need more maps and a Clan 20 ton mech.

#84 Melonic

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPlanet Kitzingen

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

View Postzzoxx, on 03 August 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

Yess, Thanny! But i'm confused. In MW4 (MekTek) the Thanny and Thanny XT had 360° torso twist range. I know this is not MW4, it's MWO. But, is it possible, could it be that .... Posted Image ?

Could anyone confirm if the Thanatos will have the 360° torso twist in MWO, too?
It's what I'm most interested in as well and will account for my purchase decision...

#85 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 03 August 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

except the Mad Cat Mk II never was. the Timberwolf is. they're different mechs.

It was in MW4, where it was created. This has since been deemed non-canon and it has been retconned into being a BattleMech.

#86 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostMelonic, on 04 August 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

Could anyone confirm if the Thanatos will have the 360° torso twist in MWO, too?
It's what I'm most interested in as well and will account for my purchase decision...

The Sarna entry for the Thanatos does not mention anything about 360 degree torso twist, so if it had it in MW4, that was probably just a MW4 thing.

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 04 August 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

It was in MW4, where it was created. This has since been deemed non-canon and it has been retconned into being a BattleMech.

The Thanatos was from Technical Readout 3067, the OmniMech stuff is just lore fluff.

#87 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 August 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

The Thanatos was from Technical Readout 3067, the OmniMech stuff is just lore fluff.

Was talking about the Mad Cat MK II, not the Thanatos.

#88 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 04 August 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Was talking about the Mad Cat MK II, not the Thanatos.

Ok, carry on.

#89 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 03 August 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

I would write brief lore summaries for them as a freelance writer if they paid me.

I would do it for free in exchange for a "by" line.

#90 Palocles

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

View PostDoctor Dinosaur, on 04 August 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

I'll just leave this one here: http://mwomercs.com/...tlemech-16-flea
That looks awesome, why haven't we got it yet?
(Even though i looked on Sarna and it's probably sh!tter than a Locust)

View PostAppogee, on 03 August 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

I notice you're no longer even trying to hide how pay-to-win the Hero is: 10 hardpoints vs maximum of 7 for the other variants, and the only one with a CT hardpoint.
Oh for fuuu... crying out loud! Enough of the bleating.

Hardpoints =/= win.

You might have noticed that five of those HP are in the right arm and all M. LRM 50? SRM 30? There's better way to boat lrms or srms than piling them all into one arm. And never mind if you want Artemis... I think the use of rockets is one of the better choices so the 5M slots make good sense.

Edited by Palocles, 10 August 2017 - 11:14 PM.

#91 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:18 AM

View PostPalocles, on 10 August 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

Oh for fuuu... crying out loud! Enough of the bleating.

Hardpoints =/= win.

You might have noticed that five of those HP are in the right arm and all M. LRM 50? SRM 30? There's better way to boat lrms or srms than piling them all into one arm. And never mind if you want Artemis... I think the use of rockets is one of the better choices so the 5M slots make good sense.

Thank you for sharing your views about what makes for a MWO "win". Allow me to pass on some experience that might broaden your knowledge of the game and increase your performance beyond your current Tier of 4.

1. The Hero is the only variant with a CT hardpoint. That enables experienced players employing certain builds to strip armor from arms, and optimise their build by applying that tonnage to additional heat sinks (sustained weapon fire), a bigger engine, or additional burst damage.

2. Zeus variants such as the 9S2 have previously demonstrated the effectiveness of boating a high number of arm mounted missiles.

3. The Hero in question is the first Mech in the game to have 5 arm mounted missile hardpoints. As you correctly deduced, it will likely be used to boat low-weight high-impact rockets, providing a massive one-off punch.

4. That PGI made these battlefield competitive advantages only available in the paywalled Hero version is a further demonstration that they are abandoning their once admirable principles and practices about avoiding pay to win. Players who buy the Hero will have a distinct battlefield advantage over those who do not... especially due to the 5 rocket First of Doom, which has no equivalent in the game, let alone in this particular chassis. It is unfortunately consistent with the last year of Mech releases, which have seen many of the most useful/interesting/competitive variants consigned to 'reinforcement' and 'Hero' purchases.

Now, please stop bleating about 'bleating'. P2W destroys games. Some of us simply don't want MWO to slide further down the slippery slope of P2W ... for the sake of all players, regardless of their tier or experience. If we don't speak up, PGI will feel empowered to continue down this path.

#92 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:08 AM

You can pretty much bet money no 360 tt, pgi said something a while back the urbie was gonna be one and only, there's at least ten mechs we have now that should have it that don't "for balance" purposes, and some that shouldn't even have tt at all. Eh it's still a heavy pop tart ecm garbagefire, so it'll be quirkless to begin with

Also if you check the game files, the fleas been hidden there for a while, guess they just forgot about it?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users