Annihilator Please Fix Hitbox

50 replies to this topic

#41 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 06 August 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Maybe OP is roleplaying as Bryan Kabrinski? http://www.sarna.net...Custom_Variants

Almost GAUSSZILLA

Guaszilla attacking Luthien...I'd pay to watch this movie ;)

#42 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostYellonet, on 07 August 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

Ah, the usual forum response; question the motivation, skill, sanity and whatnot of the OP instead of actually addressing the topic. Nice work guys.

If it's accurate that OP is always dying from blown out left side torso, why is that?
Do you go around corners with to the left most of the times? Do you twist to the right?
Are the ST's of ANH's bad?

I think it wasn't addressed because it is pretty obvious that the OP has a tendency to expose his left side most often and doesn't even realize it and because he doesn't realize it, it has to be the hitbox right?

#43 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostPAYWALL, on 06 August 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

...unless it's a banshee!

Correct the Banshee MUST use an XL

#44 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

I like to point out that I usually try to cripple an ANH before going for the kill. I try and take out a side torso because I know that I'm not getting through that 200+ hp CT anytime soon. Other people might be doing the same thing.

#45 RoadblockXL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

If you have lasers in the CT of a ANH, you can lose both side torsos and be a even bigger zombie than this thread.

#46 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 07 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Projectile drift maybe?

Picture two mechs parallel to each other, the annihilator is moving east, the enemy mech is moving to the west. The enemy mech leads and fires projectile weapons, but as the annihilator is moving to the enemy mech's left, the projectile have a tedency to hit the left side of the mech, especially with burst fire ACs.

You could also blame NASCAR as well to be honest. I mean when your in an extremely slow assault, your typically doing everything you can to keep ahead of the NASCAR and the fastest way to do that is to point your mech in the direction if travel which coincidentally means that unless NASCAR suddenly disappears as a tactic, your going to be exposing your left side probably 70-80% of the match.

#47 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

OP vanished... just like his mech's XL engine criticals...

#48 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostRealCheetahz, on 06 August 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Every match I have with my new Mech I die the EXACT same way. Left torso gone. Doesnt matter if I never take a hit in the back and have 100 points armor on the front, it is the same way everytime. Very frustrating, and the rest of my mech can be light yellow, but that spot and Im dead. on a 100 ton mech, that shouldnt be happening. No matter what I do or how I play, if I die it is always the left side that is gone, I never lose an arm or anything, just left torso.

Ok let's assume you get a 300 LFE or standard engine. Step one to solving your problem is complete.

now step two...

Do you tend to lead with a left side twist towards enemy fire? or do you evade by banking the whole mech to the right? Both of these scenarios will expose your left side torso to more fire than your right side.

Next time you're in a match pay some mind to what you do reflexively, you may be tending towards movements that leave your left side open more often than not.

#49 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

View PostAppogee, on 07 August 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

As others have said, you should not be using an XL engine in an Annihilator.

In other news:

I love the Annihilator. I would never pilot one, but I think it's great that we have a giant turret lumbering around annihilating us. It's a challenge bring them down, and they are a real threat if you are careless enough to try to solo one.

(LOL out loud moment in a match on the weekend: there was one enemy Mech left, and I knew it was in the basement of HPG. So I jumped off the roof to go kill it. I landed 10 meters in front of a fresh 4AC10 Annihilator. I was dead 2 seconds later.)

My only criticism is that the Annihilator needs to be rescaled to be a bit bigger. It's not sufficiently differentiated from oversize Lights like the Firestarter. I'm fine that it's so ridiculously tanky. It just needs to be a bit bigger/scarier in keeping with its role.

Okay, new plan! You know how locusts can fit under the ramps at the edges of the HPG? Make the Annihilator too tall to go in the basement at all. Or the tunnel in river. But then you have to give it a giant collision damage multiplier and turn knockdown back on just for this mech. And make is only come in green. And force it to mount it's unique warhorn that makes that double bass "Wahah!" Godzilla sound.

#50 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Threads like this make me sad.

I guarantee the OP didn't know how the 3 engine types function.

Because, to my knowledge, it is explained NOWHERE in the client. It is a fundamental mechanic of the game and new players have to come to the forums to find out about it... since 2012... f*cking absurd.

Edited by Roughneck45, 25 May 2018 - 08:59 PM.

#51 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 25 May 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Because, to my knowledge, it is explained NOWHERE in the client.

One of those random pre-match tips mentions it.

But you're right, it should be clearly stated in the Mech Lab Engines tab.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users