47 replies to this topic

#41 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

There's clearly some misunderstanding going on:
One side assumes everyone on the blue team is a noob (expect themselves of course),
the other side assumes everyone on both teams know what they are doing.

Both have the right arguments for their point of view, just accept that we have two games which play pretty differently: Lower tier and higher tier (and if you want you can split into solo and group queue, too!)

My view (May only apply to my play "setting"):
1. Always press R (except you need to be stealthy and have to fear the broken lock). Hope your teammates handle this information right.
2. Never EVER depend of your teammates locks. You will eventually be the last one on the battlefield.
3. Never EVER risk damage just to hold a lock. You are not Hodor. And as a scout you have to take care of that little armour.
4. Learn to switch ECM modes, that's much more worthwhile than avoiding the brocken lock signal. Always funny when an ECM mech sneaks up to me, giving away his presence long before he is in the perfect backstab position.

Best regards
Doc

#42 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 11 August 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

--1800dmg...well divide by 4 and you get the actual dmg without splash. Thats 450 and on the verge to okish...since the dmg numbers almost doubbled since the introduction of new skill tree 300dmg a match is not eneough to carry your own weight.
Or in other words you 450 dmg is enough to kill one and scratch the paint on a coupple of others so...well at least you carried your own weigth.

If the other weapon dont spread and allways hit the relevant parts of mechs, why i often lose legs, arms, empty sides?
How much you need to divide the hitcanswipealloverthemechlasers, or that splatting all over racs and uacs?

#43 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:49 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 11 August 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

--1800dmg...well divide by 4 and you get the actual dmg without splash. Thats 450 and on the verge to okish...since the dmg numbers almost doubbled since the introduction of new skill tree 300dmg a match is not eneough to carry your own weight.
Or in other words you 450 dmg is enough to kill one and scratch the paint on a coupple of others so...well at least you carried your own weigth.

Still enough to get 100 more average matchscore in a lrm-assault then you in your assaults with nearly the same wl and kd.
Your damage is more meaningfull but still less kd?
Winchance will go down if you use a lrm-aussault as much then you using a assault without lrms?

The numbers are telling a wrong story then you ....

#44 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

"shoot the stationary targets scrub!"

#45 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 10 August 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

First, my perspective based on your stats.

*sees "stats" enter the discussion and quietly leaves* Posted Image

#46 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostAJBennett, on 12 September 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

*sees "stats" enter the discussion and quietly leaves* Posted Image

ROFL..

That is okay, but since the information was originally lacking from BTGbullseye with a general "I did this much damage, etc, etc with LRMS" while still in Tier 5 in the SOLO PUG queue using LRMs, most more paint needed to be thrown onto the canvas. I went through the seasons (months) attempting to build up a picture. Not a perfect picture but how his stats/scoring had improved when he started playing (again after having previously played during beta). He then followed up with relevant information such as he does not sit in the back using his teammates as meatshields but he has to get his own targets, etc.

Again, with him coming back and having not played when Elo was changed to PSR, he defaulted to Tier 5, practically bottomed out that tier, got his feet under him and picked decent Clan mechs w/LRMS, etc where he went from being a guppy to being a shark for the time being. And a month ago is when BTGbullseye moved from Tier 5 to Tier 4, and I appreciated his follow up post.

As for the rest of the thread, /shrugs. My reason for my post was to add and get more information so that new players would be more informed, that LRMS are not a magic bullet most of the time. So stats can be used to put some paint onto the canvas til it can be fleshed out in more detail.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 September 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#47 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

JFC you press R, get the paper doll, and then shoot the reddest vital component. end of discussion.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users