#21 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

Poor shadow cat and that while others getting up again :P

Youll state to do armor instead of structure, and giving out structure while reforming structure to armor on others Posted Image
And why MDD-A gets Ballistic cooldown without ballistic hardpoints ?

Only Fixes, not exactly a patch - but what did we all expect ?

#22 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

As of this patch, all variants of the following chassis now support the distinct visuals of new weaponry:
• Arctic Cheetah
• Ebon Jaguar
• Executioner
• Gargoyle
• Hellbringer
• Ice Ferret
• Mad Dog
• Mist Lynx
• Shadow Cat

I had a shower thought earlier in the week that these would be the first mechs to get retrofitted. Makes sense though

#23 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostKoniving, on 11 August 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

You know, I haven't seen an Ice Ferret for years... Or used one in that long. Might start using it but um.. Yeah I haven't seen these things around.

They are one of the best and most underrated medium mechs in the game. As much as I have been waiting for the ECM impatiently, I'm going to hate seeing people rave over them for a few days then again throw them aside because they don't want to take the time to learn how to pilot them.

#24 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Uziel

• Side Torso hitbox areas have been reduced, with a greater portion of the CT, Arm, and Leg hitboxes now comprising their associated areas.

YAY! Posted Image

#25 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

All I am looking forward to (from this patch) is that Ebon Jag RT upper laser mount.

#26 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

Not much love for IS in this one.

#27 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

I approve the conversion rate of 10 structure bonus being converted to 15 armor bonus./Mist Lynx / It might sound like a buff but actually I think with survival nodes it might be a minor nerf, but hopefully small enough not to notice, specially considering armor is not subject to extra critical hits.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 11 August 2017 - 04:52 PM.

#28 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 11 August 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Not much love for IS in this one.
Nope, unless you own Uziels. I was hoping for a couple more IS Mechs to get weapon retrofits at least, but, hey, bug fixes are always good.

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 11 August 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

I had a shower thought earlier in the week that these would be the first mechs to get retrofitted. Makes sense though.
Yeah, Clans have less new tech to retrofit.

Edited by Ed Steele, 11 August 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#29 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

a fix for the impact of the Enhanced RAC/UAC Skill Node on RAC performance

RAC hit detection fix when?

#30 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

If only that ebon jaguar A UAC jam chance reduction had been a general one and not solely for a UAC 20 :(

#31 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

Fixed an issue where the Enhanced UAC/RAC nodes were not actually increasing the dissipation rate of the RAC jam bar.

Yay!

#32 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostAppogee, on 11 August 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

I saw a team (sorry, can't remember which one) run a full IFR wave in a Siege defence of Hellebore about a month ago. They were tanky little buggers en masse.

Absolutely. LBKs are far worse though.

Point remains though, they are not common anywhere so I don't know how they popped on the nerf bat dartboard especially after the cSPL nerf. No one was using them in comp, nor any QP queue's

#33 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 11 August 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Quirks!? Being Added!? And on Clan mechs!!!?

Sounds like power creep gone wild!

I love our balance overlords, I really do.

Did you look at them? Nothing to worry about. A few "Set of 8" quirks on onmi-pods that are never and never will be used. Other than that switching some quirks from CT to proper pods and changing structure to armor on a couple Mechs. Nothing that is going to change anything.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 August 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Absolutely. LBKs are far worse though.

Point remains though, they are not common anywhere so I don't know how they popped on the nerf bat dartboard especially after the cSPL nerf. No one was using them in comp, nor any QP queue's

Not really much of a nerf if it was at all. They moved the structure quirks from the CT to the appropriate torso and then replaced some of the "Set of 8" quirks with different quirks which all disappear as soon as you change a pod anyway.

Edited by Rampage, 11 August 2017 - 06:55 PM.

#34 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

Frankly, there's ZERO excuses why weapon balancing isn't happening EVERY patch. Small incremental nudges on underperforming and underused weapons or overperforming and overused weapons should always be happening. You can't tell me that balance is in such a great spot that there's "zero" issues that need to be addressed. There are still essentially useless weapons and equipment that you basically never see in non-trolling builds; and there are still plenty of weapon combos that are essentially a given for meta gameplay. Three weeks of data gathering every month is more than enough to make tiny nudges on the simplest of XML changes.

Let alone all of the gear that is still (or at least mostly considered) junk. Jump Jets (particularly larger sizes), Command Console, Flamers (Seriously, how many times and for how many years do I need to nag you about Flamers?), Single Heat Sinks, LBX autocannons, LRMs, and even some of the newer gear are all anywhere from subpar to trash. That's just unacceptable, especially when balance iterations are so few and so far between.

Come on, PGI, there's no excuse for this, especially when some of the things have been "we'll look into it", "there's a fix coming soon", "we're actively overhauling that" or "it's a conversation for another time" for YEARS.

You're not giving me any reasons to open my wallet, at all; and that's sad. Battletech is an IP I've loved for over 20 years and I'd love to support it at any turn. Simply fixing the Flamer, alone, which I've outlined more times than I can count, would get my wallet to open back up . . . at least some. It's not hard, either, it's already been proven to be almost exclusively XML changes and nothing more.

#35 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,924 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

View PostRampage, on 11 August 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Did you look at them? Nothing to worry about. A few "Set of 8" quirks on onmi-pods that are never and never will be used. Other than that switching some quirks from CT to proper pods and changing structure to armor on a couple Mechs. Nothing that is going to change anything.

The point of my derisive comment about "power creep" was in reference to Chris Lowery's comments regarding quirks as the overall bane of this game and the "source" of power creep. Yet here we are adding quirks...no mater how minuscule, no matter how limited.

Quirks are either responsible for having introduced "a level of power creep that we feel is the wrong direction for MWO" as he has asserted, or they are not.

They either demand a that a build be "fully optimized around the ‘Mechs inherent Quirks in order for the ‘Mech to be considered in a “balanced”, optimal state" as he has complained, or they don't.

They either force upon a player the awareness that "[L]loadouts which didn’t lean into the inherent Quirks would be taken with the knowledge that they’re sub-optimal" as Chris has asserted, or they don't.

Etc.

Yet here we are, after he has articulated why he feels that "overall" quirks were "a puzzle rather than avenues of customization" and "a source of power creep" he is adding quirks -that are by their very 8 piece nature- a "puzzle" to some of the best mechs in the game.

This is beyond inconsistent messaging. It is absurd. It is beyond balance by dartboard.

#36 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Not one, but TWO new maps! GREAT NEWS!!!

#37 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Selfishly feeling glad there isn't an event this weekend as I will be out of town.

#38 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

View PostPeiper, on 11 August 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Taking my glasses off sweeping them with a cleaning tissue putting them back on reading carefully scratching my head finally freaking out in hysterical laughter...

Edited by Thorqemada, 11 August 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#39 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

View PostKoniving, on 11 August 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

You know, I haven't seen an Ice Ferret for years... Or used one in that long.

Might start using it but um..
Yeah I haven't seen these things around.

I use mine frequently enough; but since I use an RNG to determine mechs to use in QP, I don't drop in them that frequently. Seriously; I can't choose what mech to use out of my roster of 236; so RNG keeps me mixing between meta mechs with non-meta builds and then the non-meta gunk as well like my Ice Ferrets, Gargles and Executioners.

I haven't seen too many enemy ones, but when I do they prove to be painful opponents. Normally; if somebody brings out an Ice Ferret, the player knows how to make them dance. They aren't as maneuverable as a Shadow Cat, not quite as dangerous as BoatyMcNova, and not quite as threatening as a Stormcrow or Hunchie IIC.
The Ice Ferret has a couple of decent builds; too. Triple-Six SRM Splat, Heavy Laser Vomit... While I wouldn't be opposed to visual touch-ups so that they get a little more viable; they're still a fairly effective mech; and the addition of ECM is welcome.

#40 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostPeiper, on 11 August 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

I fixed that for you:

/* sarcasm
sarcasm end */

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users