• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:44 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 11 August 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Not much love for IS in this one.

That is because it was Christmas in July for IS last patch.

#82 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

Patch = Meh.
I've once again returned after a year off, played the crap out of mwo for a couple months, realized all the game modes are basically the same, and burnt out. Will return to try out the thanatos and c bill Anni. Might play a few events.

We need game mode overhauls that make this feel like a mech warrior game.
We need an urban combat map.

Where is IK? In the same hole as knock downs?
LBX20 still 11 slots.
Jump jets trampoline bug still a thing.
Class one jump jets still not buffed.
Meh.

Edited by Kaptain, 13 August 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#83 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

View PostAppuagab, on 13 August 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

Minimap not fixed.
LRMs not reworked.
Ghost heat not reworked.
Visual retrofits for Clans which have almost no new tech.
No IK.
Mad Cat Mk2 animation not fixed.
List of quirks and bonuses from skills is still a mess.
No other improvements to clicketyclick skill maze.
No improvements to performance or mechlab loadings.
Hoverjets not buffed.
No slots reduction for LB-X or ammo types.
No new maps.
Alpine rework abandoned and forgotten.
We were also promised female pilot model.

0/10 wouldn't buy a mech pack.

View PostAppogee, on 13 August 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

Buy buying Mech Packs is what provides the funding for them to promise all the fixes and features that get delayed indefinitely!

At least, I think that's how it works?

That is what I was hoping for too.
But at this point its quite apparent that Mechpack income goes to anything but MWO.
By my estimation apart from the mechdesigners and one or two coders everyone else has moved on to other projects.
I sometimes like to believe that the lack of attention is due to an engine migration, which would make codework pointless right now...but who am I kidding.

#84 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostJohn McHobo, on 13 August 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

That is what I was hoping for too.
But at this point its quite apparent that Mechpack income goes to anything but MWO.
By my estimation apart from the mechdesigners and one or two coders everyone else has moved on to other projects.
I sometimes like to believe that the lack of attention is due to an engine migration, which would make codework pointless right now...but who am I kidding.

Quite clearly it goes on legal counsel

#85 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

Still no chat/community tools?... serious "community" fail PGI.

! ~ Community Access Point ~ We Need It. ~ !

- Support good chat tools.

Edited by Freebrth, 13 August 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#86 Marduk2

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

In all fairness to PGI, we just got a ton of new content in July. Still, the fact that basic balance failures, like Flamers, are STILL not fixed after 3 years is laughable.

#87 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostMarduk2, on 13 August 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

In all fairness to PGI, we just got a ton of new content in July. Still, the fact that basic balance failures, like Flamers, are STILL not fixed after 3 years is laughable.

I agree that there are many things that are not fixed, but I do not see how flamers are "broken", they work better than they do in TT. PGI said from the beginning that they do not want players to be able to "stunlock" other players with flamers and that is why it can only heat you up to 90% max. Also, flamers are not intended to be a dps weapon (against Mechs at least).

#88 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 13 August 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

PLEASE USER INTERFACE IMPROVEMENTS

Liking your own posts? Posted Image

#89 Kompleks Ognevoi Podderzhki 320

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

Recently was the last time I invested money in this game. Like most of those with whom I talk every evening in the TS. The game boils down to a quick shoot and get out ? On line players is fall dawn like in 2013 - 2014 years... In the afternoon I wait for the match for 3 - 5 minutes, and a group match for 10 -15. In the FP in the daytime - nobody playing, in the evening no more than 200 pilots. And the regime is becoming less and less visited due to empty promises from Russ and new unbalanced technologies with a tree of skills. Today, enough games that would quickly shoot and get out. MWO strive to become one of them?

Edited by Kompleks Ognevoi Podderzhki 320, 14 August 2017 - 08:00 AM.

#90 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostKoniving, on 12 August 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Somewhat impossible, as they would stack. Set of 8 + individual quirks = Super quirks.
Individual quirks = individual quirks.

"Individual quirks of equal worth" + Set of 8 Quirks = HOLY ******* **** QUIRKS!!!! All praise the Godliest of Mechs.

Ouch, didnt think of that. They would have had to halve the quirk bonuses so if stacked, the mech wouldnt murderface anything too easly. Make em not stacked somehow. If you change out one pod, the otherwise 8 set bonus would lessen or be halved to compensate for the new pod's bonus..
Ehh...OK, Im gonna stop, not sure how it could work out in all honesty...

#91 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

I love when I people say things like "where is X that was promised?"

They didn't promise ****, they posted a schedule that they were shooting for. There are things PGI does wrong, but there was no promise, you took a schedule and decided to take it as a promise. That is your problem.

My issue with this patch notes? No IS UAC10 heat fix, still at 4 heat, still too hot. Please make it equal to the cUAC10 in terms of heat (3).

#92 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 August 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

I love when I people say things like "where is X that was promised?"

They didn't promise ****, they posted a schedule that they were shooting for. There are things PGI does wrong, but there was no promise, you took a schedule and decided to take it as a promise. That is your problem.

My issue with this patch notes? No IS UAC10 heat fix, still at 4 heat, still too hot. Please make it equal to the cUAC10 in terms of heat (3).

Remember that IS UACs do the same amount of damage as Clan UACs with fewer "shells" and are therefore better for pinpoint damage while moving than Clan ACs.

#93 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 13 August 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

That is because it was Christmas in July for IS last patch.

I don't remember any Christmas's where Santa delivered most of my toys broken or missing parts...?

#94 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostAppuagab, on 13 August 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

No improvements to performance or mechlab loadings.

This is incredible. Are PGI programmers too stupid to fix this extra annoying thing for sooooo loooong time?

#95 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

Lmfao the saltminers cry some more, pgi fix this that and the other, you all know more than 90%of the team is on mw5 coding in unreal right? Hell ngng guys are bloody patch testers. This game is purely to make sure someone has a candy shop they can shitpost on twitter from. Hey fourm trolls, aw some more so they nerf everything to 100m range and 1point of dmg for ten heat kthanks

On a side note the only reason you are still able to cry on these fourms is because of those mechpacks we all keep buying

Edited by ShadowHimself, 14 August 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#96 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

Recently somewhere in this forum i saw a copy from a conversation between Russ and somebody on tweetter about the FP drop deck tonnage, and I thought in this patch the drop deck tonnage from IS would be reduced to 250 tons. Posted Image Posted Image

#97 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostApollo777, on 14 August 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Recently somewhere in this forum i saw a copy from a conversation between Russ and somebody on tweetter about the FP drop deck tonnage, and I thought in this patch the drop deck tonnage from IS would be reduced to 250 tons. Posted Image Posted Image

I vaguely recall Russ tweeting again later and saying that they decided not to change the drop tonnage because the Clans we're doing too well. I keep wondering when they realize that the Clans only do significantly better than IS when all the top Merc groups go Clan. PGI needs to limit the amount of Merc groups that each side can have at any given time.

#98 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 14 August 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Remember that IS UACs do the same amount of damage as Clan UACs with fewer "shells" and are therefore better for pinpoint damage while moving than Clan ACs.

Lets not sugar coat it too much. :) Okay, so IS UAC 10 fires 2 pellets vs C-UAC 10 firing 3 pellets, IS's SHORTER optimal range 450m vs Clan's 540m while running hotter at 4-heat vs Clan's 3-heat per pull.

View PostEd Steele, on 14 August 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

I vaguely recall Russ tweeting again later and saying that they decided not to change the drop tonnage because the Clans we're doing too well. I keep wondering when they realize that the Clans only do significantly better than IS when all the top Merc groups go Clan. PGI needs to limit the amount of Merc groups that each side can have at any given time.

How would that exactly work, considering the multitude of 1-5/etc-man merc units?

#99 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 August 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Lets not sugar coat it too much. :) Okay, so IS UAC 10 fires 2 pellets vs C-UAC 10 firing 3 pellets, IS's SHORTER optimal range 450m vs Clan's 540m while running hotter at 4-heat vs Clan's 3-heat per pull.

How would that exactly work, considering the multitude of 1-5/etc-man merc units?

The 2x5 dmg shells are far more more advantageous than a 90 extra meters which ensures that that Clan UAC will do less pinpoint damage to anything other than a perfectly stationary target. I play IS Mechs exclusively (now) by the way.

#100 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 14 August 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

The 2x5 dmg shells are far more more advantageous than a 90 extra meters which ensures that that Clan UAC will do less pinpoint damage to anything other than a perfectly stationary target. I play IS Mechs exclusively (now) by the way.

How about 30% heavier and 75% more slots, and you can't put two into one torso much less two+XL engine?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users