Linebacker Rushes

100 replies to this topic

#41 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:25 AM

View PostDoc Arachinus, on 14 August 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Has any one found a effective way to drop these linebacker rushes in faction? even when your group is legging them they are very hard to bring down and can normally take most of you unit with them if not 2 whole waves or more. Or is any nerf being looked at for them? a handful of linebackers isn't bad but a whole 12 man team running them is devastating. and I'm not talking just pug matches here. even in tier 1 groups they are posing a menance to stop. Have been in 2 or 3 drops where they have all gone down without losing a whole wave but that is rare and normally only against low skill players.

On no! An organized 12-man of mechs with the armor of heavies, firepower of mediums, and the speed of lights being OP?

Say it ain't so! Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

Poptarting would be less of an issue if it didn't make hitreg wonky, the original strength threw it out the window. Man can you imagine Cheetos with full JJ's and the original CSPL? eat your heart out Linebacker.

#43 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 August 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Yes OP is referring to SRM / MPL or SRM/MPL loadouts in Faction Play.

I can almost bet which units as well. 2 of them are good at it, one is horrid-noob at it.

Actually for FW it's the SRM one. More heat sustainable when overrunning someone. In fact I've got a 5xsrm6, 5xersml build that's about perfect for it. Pugging or QP I'd run the laservomit build but a Linebacker rush in FW? It's about 60xsrm6 puking up again and again and again. You run over and past, switching targets as needed to deny the other team the easy ability to focus a single target.

Like any coordinated team strat you need a coordinated response to deal with it. Light rushes can do the same thing, so could a 12xHuntsman rush. The only reason you see Linebacker rushes is because for Clans 85/65/50/35 is a solid deck now and the Linebacker is the best 65 ton choice for most situations so everyone has one and wave 2 is a good rush wave.

If Linebackers get nerfed it won't change this happening by any big degree. It'll just gimp one of the only good Clan heavies and push people toward a 2x assault deck and 2 light rushes.

#44 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

It isn't as much a build counter question as it is a skill counter question. You need to be able to dump more effective damage on them faster than they can dump it onto you, and die slower. To do it against a large premade like Kcom, which is who I assume you are talking about, means getting a team of 8 or 9 tier 1 players at the minimum.

Do that, focus fire (CT or legs, doesn't matter just pick one), position yourself with some space between you and them, and you may have a shot.

But I just want to emphasize that you can't theory craft your way into getting a bunch of tier 4 pilots to outplay Kcom. First and foremost you have to match their skill and match their coordination.

#45 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

View PostDoc Arachinus, on 14 August 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Has any one found a effective way to drop these linebacker rushes in faction?

Every big organized group which rushes with coordinated mechs/builds is problematic. That’s not new and not just a Linebacker thing. I have seen very successful Assassin rushes.

#46 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

View PostJman5, on 16 August 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

It isn't as much a build counter question as it is a skill counter question. You need to be able to dump more effective damage on them faster than they can dump it onto you, and die slower. To do it against a large premade like Kcom, which is who I assume you are talking about, means getting a team of 8 or 9 tier 1 players at the minimum.

Do that, focus fire (CT or legs, doesn't matter just pick one), position yourself with some space between you and them, and you may have a shot.

But I just want to emphasize that you can't theory craft your way into getting a bunch of tier 4 pilots to outplay Kcom. First and foremost you have to match their skill and match their coordination.

Well that's about 100% accurate.

#47 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Linebackers aren't even remotely OP, it's just that FP is a frail, broken thing that needs to be put out of its misery. Any coordinated team vs. another coordinated team of similar skill level will be a 50/50 and have chosen a similar makeup of all one mech, making focusing hard on both fronts. LBK rushes are just cheese vs. PUGs.

#48 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

I like trying different loadouts & mech combinations to counter any threat, I really dont follow any "OP" metas
I love to see them at work!! even from the recieving end! o7
I once witnessed a 8 GAR rout on an unsuspecting IS assault..
the game is fun, just gotta fight.. smarter? harder!

coms the most powerful weapon.

#49 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 14 August 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

God, I hope they don't get nerfed. I love those speedy ********.

I'd say heavy direct-fire weaponry such as AC/20s plus focus fire. Such weapons fold the armor-quirkless Clan heavies pretty damn quick.

except, linebackers DO have armor quirks

#50 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

no I think it a fair question, originally just asking for an effective counter..

#51 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Lol at this thread. Like seriously. Let us have our one semi durable mech. IS durable mechs are legion. Not to mention 25 tons, which is almost unnecessary at this point.

Effective counter? Warhammer. Roughneck. Mrm60 quickdraw. Marauder.

View Postnaterist, on 10 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

except, linebackers DO have armor quirks

Thank goodness for that, otherwise they would suck.

#52 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

Everyone buy dragons and rush back?

#53 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

All linebacker rushes all the time? That sounds like a very entertaining way to play. I can only think of one thing more fun: All awps with no flashes, smokes, or nades in cs_office on counterstrike source. It's a re-enactment of the civil war :D!

Edited by gooddragon2, 10 January 2018 - 10:45 PM.

#54 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

View PostSamial, on 10 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

Everyone buy dragons and rush back?

I always thought if dragons had more hardpoints they would be an interesting IS version of LB push.

#55 Steelmesh

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

Linebacker pushes, along with it's IS counterpart Assassin pushes, are cancer.

Only way to defend is to bottleneck them, and deny them maneuvering room, so they can't use their speed, and then focus fire them.. however, this is very hard to do on most maps..

Doing these pushes is an exploit in my humble opinion, and should be punishable by shaving the rusher's balls with a rusty razor.. :P

#56 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:41 AM

View PostSteelmesh, on 10 January 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Linebacker pushes, along with it's IS counterpart Assassin pushes, are cancer.

Only way to defend is to bottleneck them, and deny them maneuvering room, so they can't use their speed, and then focus fire them.. however, this is very hard to do on most maps..

Doing these pushes is an exploit in my humble opinion, and should be punishable by shaving the rusher's balls with a rusty razor.. Posted Image

The cancer in FW is the solo pilot.

#57 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:21 AM

Sweep the Leg

#58 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:25 AM

Stealth necromancy at work here.

#59 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

You mean like this?

#60 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:05 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 11 January 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

You mean like this?

"I don't want him beat, I want him out of commission"

Luke Skywalker. How could you do that?

Edited by gooddragon2, 11 January 2018 - 06:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users