#161 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostAntares102, on 15 August 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

The only thing I see running around right now in SoloQ are ACH and MLX with boated MGs.

I got killed 3 times in 3 games by boated machine guns, the day of the patch.

So I thought "I too will need to exploit the crap out of this broken mechanic to bring it to PGI's attention and hasten them fixing it".

It's not how I prefer to play. But as a passionate and responsible Mechwarrior, I feel I should play a role in getting this kind of stuff fixed promptly.

#162 poltergoost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

I also think part of the problem is that people aren't used to fighting Mist Lynxes, they have been so rare for so long.

When I faced my first MG-boating MLX after the patch, I knew nothing about it, except that other mechs that size were 160+ kph and really hard to hit.

Then I realised it was barely moving faster than my Linebacker. So I just shot an SRM salvo into its face, and it left me alone Posted Image

Edited by poltergoost, 17 August 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#163 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

I've witnessed a consistent +/- 10% increase in people piloting lights in general, and for every light that crossed nomansland and attempted to farm the heavy and assaults, there were 2 or 3 lights on his butt tearing him a new one for his efforts..

Oh,.and.much fun was had by all.

#164 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

my best so far is 7 kills, 5 of which were solo in a 8mg lynx.

if I'm not killing stuff quickly I am at least usually getting the attention of half the reds which means they are leaving everyone else alone while they play chase the squirrel.

lynx survives better than people think.

#165 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 17 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

If you are really afraid of a Mist Lynx and unable to hit him use Streaks. Mist Lynxs are like paper.

I see this post all the time, and it's just... very strange, as if they think you can switch weapons on the fly.

The fact is, sometimes you're gonna wind up on a map needing long range weapons while being a brawler. Sometimes there won't be any pesky lights biting your ankles. Sometimes your LRMs will be mostly useless. And sometimes, no matter how much you wish you could pull some streaks out of your posterior, you just won't have them because you'll be geared to fight another type of battle

#166 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 17 August 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

lynx survives better than people think.

It's true. I actually made a YT video about Spin-Jumping because I was seeing more folks trying out the MLXs. The Prime, in particular, is *very* tanky. You just have to play to the Lynx's strengths: Thinking vertically and capitalizing on the Reds thinking you're an easy kill. People say Lights shouldn't stop moving, so we sometimes stop moving to make a Red waste his ammo/heat on a led shot. People say Lights aren't good for much more than shooting rear torsos or capping, so we shoot side torsos from the front and then jump over the Reds' faces. Stuff like that. It's a Light, so Light skills still apply but the Lynx can be a different beast altogether simply because it's considered an unpopular mech. A lot of folks are crying because the MLX-G can boat MGs but they'll soon learn the risks involved with doing that and probably give up.

Russ is giving a talk tonight and everyone will switch to complain about that.

#mistlynx4life

#167 poltergoost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

Yep, an MG-boating MLX seems to be a *very* high risk mech. Agile, but slow for a light, and most of the firepower is in those big blocky arms, and requires serious facetime to do damage

Like any other lights, if they surprise you, they can be nasty

But if you see them coming, and can stay calm, stay in formation, and take aim... byebye light

#168 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Last post in this thread, promise. This was me back in my early days of Mist Lynxin', lol. Still some valid advice (there are other videos on my channel too).

#mistlynx4life

#169 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostAppogee, on 17 August 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

So I thought "I too will need to exploit the crap out of this broken mechanic to bring it to PGI's attention and hasten them fixing it".

It's not how I prefer to play. But as a passionate and responsible Mechwarrior, I feel I should play a role in getting this kind of stuff fixed promptly.

That's the spirit! Have so much fun that we make PGI fix it!

#170 SOL Ranger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationEndor, exterminating little evil bear people for the Empire.

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 17 August 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

That's the spirit! Have so much fun that we make PGI fix it!

Fix what?

#171 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostSOL Ranger, on 17 August 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Fix what?

I wonder that as well. If people have problems defeating lights (except a locust and a commando when you are in a laser build) when they are using weapons which require close range and facetime...umm...you can't fix players.

#172 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

i don;t know....

the 8LMG + 4ERSL is the most fun i've had in a while next to my cheetahtroll.

I mean I'm racking up kills left and right. I had a 7 kill game, 5 of which were solo..

I mean you can run in from the rear and just shred mechs apart and people don't even realize it until they are dead.

Edited by Bigbacon, 17 August 2017 - 12:36 PM.

#173 poltergoost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 17 August 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

I mean you can run in from the rear and just shred mechs apart and people don't even realize it until they are dead.

What kind of potatoes are these that don't react until they are dead?

You can shred anyone from behind with any light build if they are that slow to realize what is happening

Edited by poltergoost, 17 August 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#174 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

View Postpoltergoost, on 17 August 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

You can shred anyone with any build from behind if they are that slow to realize what is happening

Very true. I had great fun recently parked behind a Dragon that had no awareness. I plugged away with 4 HML, 2 SRM4 until he 'sploded. Then I did they same to their BattleMaster buddy. Then I tried a Linebacker, but they were to trixy for me, shooting me BOOM! Dead...

#175 poltergoost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 17 August 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Very true. I had great fun recently parked behind a Dragon that had no awareness. I plugged away with 4 HML, 2 SRM4 until he 'sploded. Then I did they same to their BattleMaster buddy. Then I tried a Linebacker, but they were to trixy for me, shooting me BOOM! Dead...

My Jenner IIC-A with 6-CSPL at 156kph was a backstabbing monster before the CSPL got nerfed. Got a KDR of over 8 one season, 100+ games of pure solo PUGging, and this is a mech with no ECM so couldnt hide to game the KDR. It was kill or be killed.

RIP Zappy, I've tried and failed to reproduce its sheer backstabbing brutality Posted Image

But yes, any light can shred a potato who doesn't react to being shot in the back. MGs or no MGs.

Edited by poltergoost, 17 August 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#176 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Yes. I would gladly trade my Gauss Rifle for 8 machine guns.

#177 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

View Postpoltergoost, on 17 August 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

You can shred anyone from behind with any light build if they are that slow to realize what is happening

Beats me, ive been doing it all day, sometimes one after another. Ive had mechs goes down standing next to two others and they dont move. 3 heavies/assualts down in like 30 seconds.

Even if they react, the rear ct is open and damaged so ypu waltz round them and finish the job.

#178 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

GHOST HEAT FOR MGS, INCOMING

It's still so, so sad to me despite all the improvements they still cling to this concept

It's even sadder a bunch of the newbies think it helps the game because they don't understand a thing about it

#179 Judah Malganis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

It's a fun and efficient way of killing stuff if you're lucky, but it's not easy mode. People are getting smarter as well. On the first day, I had a 5-kill, 186 dmg game rear-coring assaults/heavies, which is the most dmg/kill efficient game I've ever had, but people are getting smarter. Lone LRMers in the back are not as common, and people are sticking/moving together more since everybody's so terrified of the current mgpocalypse.

#180 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

View PostAppogee, on 17 August 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Hmm I wonder why people are playing these brand new variants released in this this patch on patch day, what a mysterious mystery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users