Alpha Strike Event With Cool New Warhorns!

146 replies to this topic

#101 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

About information warfare: How do I get these UAV detections? In one of my last matches I saw about 2 or 3, which weren't marked on the battlegrid. I shot at one of them and had an uav kill in the scorescreen at the end, but no detection.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Buenaventura, 21 August 2017 - 02:32 AM.

#102 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

The detections are when your uav spots enemies. They come pretty quickly in my experience.

#103 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

Aaaahhhh ... might've been obvious for others, but I thought it meant me detecting enemy uavs Posted Image

#104 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:20 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 20 August 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

About information warfare: How do I get these UAV detections? In one of my last matches I saw about 2 or 3, which weren't marked on the battlegrid. I show at one of them and had an uav kill in the scorescreen at the end, but no detection.

What works quite well is if you find yourself in a position where you know there are x enemies behind the rock you are taking cover, but not showing on the radar, if you launch your UAV the, you will get multiple detection as you are then effectively the only one with eyes on them. It doesn't have to be a first detection, they just need to be around and not currently detected by your team mates. Hope it helps.

#105 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

View PostBrauer, on 20 August 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

The detections are when your uav spots enemies. They come pretty quickly in my experience.

Only have to do is brawl and launch UAV, just like with the TAGs - just achieve TAG kill using your TAG and every lockable missile to kill enemy Posted Image

View PostG SE7EN7, on 19 August 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

Challenge was way too short for time allocated. either shorten event or add more achievents. Eh guess I get 13 days off mechs.

Just because you did it so fast doesn't mean that everyone can do just like you.
I think that PGI should give ya 20k FP Match Score while ppl with weaker performance should have 2-3k to get instead of 5k, because like DAYLEET said:

View PostDAYLEET, on 20 August 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

5000 match score in FP is WAY too high. Too much of a time investment. too much being farmed. This is FP, no one likes it. Makes the requirement lower next time.

Jeez, I'm getting around 90 match score per match in FP, so I have huge probability that Handheld Warhorn will be out of my reach, until PGI will do something about it.

View PostJames Argent, on 20 August 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

It's the same schizoid thinking behind 'potato this, potato that...git gud or git out,' and 'Gee, I wonder why enough people aren't playing FP?'

This is why I'm not playing FP:

1) Waiting is too long;
2) Match Score is a joke in Invasion - so insignificant that I would to play Scout mode to have my Match Score gain performance nearly at the same rate like in QP
3) There isn't any campaigns, or some modes that everyone like (such as Conquest seen in BattleField games, employed by MechWarrior: Living Legends where everyone there wants to fight for that goddamn base with so greatly convienient field repair station, or just Deathmatch in Solaris VII arena - No PGI, that 1vs1 arena is a start, but it's just a bit of what we want, and we want full scale Solaris VII arenas with Grand Championship with immortal Posted Image George LeDoux as Duncan Fisher).
4) Repetitiveness. Nothing but every mode I've played (Siege, for it is the next point) descends just into skirmish, because enemy is primary, objective is secondary. I would like to remind that MwO is a objective based game, not a CoD, kiddos.
5) Siege mode - one way MOBA. Srsly? Posted Image It would be much more fun if Incursion and Siege would be melded together in my opinion.

That would be all... for now.

#106 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

Scout mode should count to the match score requirement, I think. That's the hardest one to get. I've got the other two already, but will need 10-12 more matches for the match score. It took 7 matches to get the EXP, 14 to get the wins.

#107 Axex

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationInterned on Yorii

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

I'am a Champion Tournament supporter (2016+2017) but I don't recieve the rewards in this event.
How come?

Edited by Axex, 21 August 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#108 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Because the event isn't over yet and tournament extras are injected at the end of the event.

#109 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

I'm glad this event is long enough because it takes a while to achieve those goals... specially the QP part.

#110 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 21 August 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'm glad this event is long enough because it takes a while to achieve those goals... specially the QP part.

You mean FP? Some have completed QP in a single day. I prefered to take it easy and did it in a few evenings instead.

#111 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

Again about the uav: When I launch one, it is directly above me. Which might be intended, but not that helpful. Can I move it after the launch, or is it possible to designate a target spot before launching it?

#112 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 21 August 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Again about the uav: When I launch one, it is directly above me. Which might be intended, but not that helpful. Can I move it after the launch, or is it possible to designate a target spot before launching it?

Nope, that is why you need to be close enough to the enemy for it to matter, even if that enemy is on the other side of an obstruction.

#113 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 21 August 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

No you can't move it neither designate a spot target. Some scout risk their life to place good UAVs.

#114 MunStarr

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

Good challenge PGI. Nice that has little bit of something for everyone.

#115 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

For those still doing the FW challenge: It seems as though the major units are done with it and its more of a pugfest right now. Had some great games last night, so looks like it might be achievable after all. Superior comms more than tech carries the game, and that is why the organised units will stomp you so hard, so speak up guys, share armour, hold locks, call targets, for the most part people won't judge you if you make a bad call. Have fun out there.

#116 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

Event finished for me. The FP matchscore was a grind with few great games, but still fun overall. Thx PGI for the free stuff. Waiting for the leaderboards now.

#117 Axex

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Right..
Now i only need a 3000 matchscore on FP (not going to happen at 85 a game).
And 5300 on QP.

Only problem is that i only have 2 hours a day for gaming.

Edited by Axex, 23 August 2017 - 09:12 AM.

#118 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:33 PM

View PostAxex, on 23 August 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Right..
Now i only need a 3000 matchscore on FP (not going to happen at 85 a game).
And 5300 on QP.

Only problem is that i only have 2 hours a day for gaming.

I know your pain, also have similiar problem to yours... And I wonder, if I'll be able to get that frickin' Arcade Warhorn in time. Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Nice event !!

Got a lot of Cbills for the new IS Light engines...

#120 Axex

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

Well, so much for the event.
My Windows just died on me (again).

And it won't accept the install cd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users