Alpha Strike Event With Cool New Warhorns!

146 replies to this topic

#121 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

Okay so simple question about the leaderboard event. If you get 10th position, do you get all three rewards for top 25, 50 and 75, or just the highest top 25 reward?

#122 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Allright, just ended the event just in time. Now waiting for bonus stuff :)

#123 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostManganMan, on 21 August 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

Only have to do is brawl and launch UAV, just like with the TAGs - just achieve TAG kill using your TAG and every lockable missile to kill enemy Posted Image

Just because you did it so fast doesn't mean that everyone can do just like you.
I think that PGI should give ya 20k FP Match Score while ppl with weaker performance should have 2-3k to get instead of 5k, because like DAYLEET said:

Jeez, I'm getting around 90 match score per match in FP, so I have huge probability that Handheld Warhorn will be out of my reach, until PGI will do something about it.

This is why I'm not playing FP:

1) Waiting is too long;
2) Match Score is a joke in Invasion - so insignificant that I would to play Scout mode to have my Match Score gain performance nearly at the same rate like in QP
3) There isn't any campaigns, or some modes that everyone like (such as Conquest seen in BattleField games, employed by MechWarrior: Living Legends where everyone there wants to fight for that goddamn base with so greatly convienient field repair station, or just Deathmatch in Solaris VII arena - No PGI, that 1vs1 arena is a start, but it's just a bit of what we want, and we want full scale Solaris VII arenas with Grand Championship with immortal Posted Image George LeDoux as Duncan Fisher).
4) Repetitiveness. Nothing but every mode I've played (Siege, for it is the next point) descends just into skirmish, because enemy is primary, objective is secondary. I would like to remind that MwO is a objective based game, not a CoD, kiddos.
5) Siege mode - one way MOBA. Srsly? Posted Image It would be much more fun if Incursion and Siege would be melded together in my opinion.

That would be all... for now.

^
Nothing here is new.... must be that time of year for new player influx.

Edited by G SE7EN7, 27 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#124 zaku2142

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

So I recently finished the event. I also purchased the Tournament Supporter pack.

The event states once you complete the faction event portion for the first reward you will get ONE "Retro Arcade Warhorn (Event / Promo item! Not available in store)."

Then if you purchased the Tournament Support pack you will get an ADDITIONAL "+1 Retro Arcade Warhorn."

So, in the end would you not be given TWO warhorns for both the faction/quick play goal rewards for the basic reward and then tournament supporter reward?

Edited by zaku2142, 27 August 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#125 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 27 August 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Okay so simple question about the leaderboard event. If you get 10th position, do you get all three rewards for top 25, 50 and 75, or just the highest top 25 reward?

You get the reward for being in the top 25, and the top 50, and the top 75. So all three if you are #10.

View Postzaku2142, on 27 August 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

So I recently finished the event. I also purchased the Tournament Supporter pack.

The event states once you complete the faction event portion for the first reward you will get ONE "Retro Arcade Warhorn (Event / Promo item! Not available in store)."

Then if you purchased the Tournament Support pack you will get an ADDITIONAL "+1 Retro Arcade Warhorn."

So, in the end would you not be given TWO warhorns for both the faction/quick play goal rewards for the basic reward and then tournament supporter reward?

When you win by playing you get as soon as the page updates. The extra things you get for being a tournament supporter you get when the event is over. Which is clearly stated on the event page. Look for the *:

*Bonus Prizes are injected at the end of the event

#126 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Would be nice if the hero portion site gave you an indication of the scores for your top ten games. Primarily I want to know how many I've done, and if there are any obvious meh ones.

#127 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 27 August 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Would be nice if the hero portion site gave you an indication of the scores for your top ten games. Primarily I want to know how many I've done, and if there are any obvious meh ones.

^ This would be great. Could finally get rid of my spreadsheet.

#128 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:11 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 27 August 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Agreed.

#129 Leonidas the First

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

I am guessing that if I Rag killed someone but could not get a kick because they were in stealth mode then I do not get credit?

#130 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

That's not a TAG kill. For a kill with a TAG laser shining on it to count as a TAG kill, the killing blow must come from a locked-on weapon. Mechs in stealth mode cannot be locked. Therefore it was a different kind of weapon (direct-/dumb-fire) that made the kill.

#131 Axex

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationInterned on Yorii

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostJames Argent, on 28 August 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

That's not a TAG kill. For a kill with a TAG laser shining on it to count as a TAG kill, the killing blow must come from a locked-on weapon. Mechs in stealth mode cannot be locked. Therefore it was a different kind of weapon (direct-/dumb-fire) that made the kill.

TAG makes ECM a target for misslelock.

#132 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

Which is not the same as having Stealth Armor activated.

#133 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

@PGI: Couple of minor things I spotted...

The leaderboard lists "Kin Wolf" as GAR-HW, when it apparently should be GAR-KW.

In the store and leaderboard MLX-ED is called Ebon Dragoon, but in the game it is called Ebon Dragon.

I know those are just really minor typos, but would appreciate a fix, at least for the wrong in game name. Thank you for reading and the nice event. <3 *hugs*

#134 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Awesome! Gonna get me a grenade when I get home!

Although something disconcerting was that we didn't see 75 entries on the leaderboards for some mechs until towards the final days of the competition...

Edited by Commander A9, 29 August 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#135 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

Wow nice, on my last game I managed to push Maddog M from rank 27 to rank 22, gaining me total of 3 mechbays along with Ice Ferret and Gargoyle. Of course I kinda used the mechbays already to buy those mechs, but only Maddog was kinda extra, the others I didn't yet have.

I wasn't sure if the last game that was started before event ends, but ended after the event closed, if it would be counted, but luckily it was. I see few other players also pushed on their last game with Maddog M as one guy fell from rank 24 to rank 26.

Although something disconcerting was that we didn't see 75 entries on the leaderboards for some mechs until towards the final days of the competition...

Most of them were not highly special and as omnimechs many people already have the chassis and could take the omnipods directly.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 29 August 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#136 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

I didn't noticed the mechbay reward earlier, just today, in the last 3hr 54m of the event.

congrats to those that got one, and the others as well

#137 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 29 August 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

Yeah this leaderboard event i feel there was not much competition. im just an average pilot at best still got to top 10 in two leaderboards including the most active MLX-G leaderboard.

Xaat Xuun said:

I didn't noticed the mechbay reward earlier, just today, in the last 3hr 54m of the event.

congrats to those that got one, and the others as well

Im pretty sure mechbay was not a reward at start of event and i only noticed it after i got my rewards. Posted Image

#138 IceNorth

Rookie

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

Can you please hang the .... thing that came up with ****** TAG laser ***** upside down by the unspeakables please? Thanks

Edited by IceNorth, 30 August 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#139 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thanks PGI. Grabbed one (8) of my favorites clan warhorns!

#140 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Well, everyone, I'm finally catching up with the thread after having done all but the Scouting. (Needed to wait on earning that 'A.P.T.' until I could set it up for use!) Frankly, I think PGI more-or-less did this Event near-perfectly, and I enjoyed the presentation set forth. It provided time for people to space out their playing yet keep the queues active, avoid burning out, AND still deal with any Real Life shenanigans that could come along to derail them. Let's hope PGI adds this to their (unfortunately small) list of Events done right. The only enhancement I could suggest is that they swap the (C-Bill) reward for a small (MC) reward specifically on the extended "Match Score" Challenges, as that would potentially be a fitting finishing touch. That was possibly the one spot that was a tad steep. B)

For anyone cranky about the "TAG Kill" Challenge, try a freaking 'PNT-9R'... I think you'll find the Hardpoints rather accommodating. Either that, or actually take the time to involve yourself in communicating with your teammates and HELPING THE LRM/ATM/SSRM USERS WITH YOUR TAG(s)!!! MWO is supposed to be a "Thinking Man's Shooter" that involves TEAMWORK, and NOT a brawl-fest or CoD/Halo/Hawken/Counter-Strike/Destiny/TitanFall/etc.!!! Frankly, this Event just reminded me so hard why PGI needs to add 50 meters to the current LRM Baseline Range. They nerfed that one too hard, and would have done better to set it halfway between where it used to be versus where it is now. Those who are playing Support Roles because of Real Life things that are beyond their control don't deserve the abuse that the 900-Meter Limit is causing them. Hell, "MechWarrior: Living Legends" is starting to sound attractive to me. :angry:

Now, as for the rest of the chatter going on here...

Planning on bombing somebody, are you? :P

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 29 August 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Most of them were not highly special and as omnimechs many people already have the chassis and could take the omnipods directly.

Incorrect. It won't qualify for a given Leaderboard unless a certain Center Torso is used. The other omnipods are NOT "purchase and apply" for qualifying. <_<

View PostJurosik, on 30 August 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

im just an average pilot at best still got to top 10 in two leaderboards including the most active MLX-G leaderboard.

Uhm... "Tier 1", yet calling yourself "average"??? Excuse me, but I think you just stated an oxymoron! -_-

View PostPanzerTC, on 30 August 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Thanks PGI. Grabbed one (8) of my favorites clan warhorns!

You lucky [redacted]... You have absolutely no idea how much envy you're going to have aimed at you! I barely had time to qualify on ONE Leaderboard, and I'm lucky it was underplayed! Further, I was barely able to get into and maintain my Top 25 (18th, specifically) for the Executioner's 'EXE-E' model. If I hadn't been able to build something at least "Minorly, Qualifyingly Effective" after at least 5 different designs, I would never have been able to recover the Mech Bay which I had to use up in order to start that Leaderboard in the first place! :(

~D. V. "At least PGI's now got the EXE done right... Let's hope they restore some lost personality to the SHC!!!" Devnull

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users