Forum Activity

31 replies to this topic

#1 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Greetings MechWarriors. Got a question for everybody. Is it just me or are the forums a lot less active than they once were? Are people just playing less or did the more active posters stop coming? This isn't about how many people play, the health of the game, etc. None of that stuff. Just an observation and a question based on that.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Its summer. People got other things to do. Id be writing twice as many posts if I wasnt stuck in my summer house with no LAN connection.

#3 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

Im at work, its a slow day. \o/.

#4 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

I got dengue.

#5 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,894 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Lore[Redacted] continue to wake up and realize that this game will never be more than an arena shooter with mechs so they go silent. E-sports folks tend not to post much, but even they never really used the "brown sea" as much as reddit and their own websites. Many of the forums warriors, black knights and white knights of alike have had their spirits broken or just moved on.

But yes, activity as compared to say 2015 is way down. Relative to 2016...meh.

I think a big factor also is that 1 bucket in CW means no real nerd politics. Back in Phase 1 and 2 that was a good chunk of the forum chatter. That's all gone now.

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 09:10 AM.
inappropriate language

#6 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 15 August 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Lore[Redacted] continue to wake up and realize that this game will never be more than an arena shooter with mechs so they go silent. E-sports folks tend not to post much, but even they never really used the "brown sea" as much as reddit and their own websites. Many of the forums warriors, black knights and white knights of alike have had their spirits broken or just moved on.

But yes, activity as compared to say 2015 is way down. Relative to 2016...meh.

I think a big factor also is that 1 bucket in CW means no real nerd politics. Back in Phase 1 and 2 that was a good chunk of the forum chatter. That's all gone now.

Just a question as a lore[Redacted] as you call it( I take no offence on that, BTW Posted Image )but if they did inject lore would it affect the game much as in game mechanics? Bring in more "lore[Redacted]"to have a greater population if you had more "lore[Redacted]" and if they didnt affect the game would you still play?

Same Game mechanics but with more lore put in? Just wondering and I agree with you on Community warfare as it used to be WAY more chatter but not its almost dead.

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 09:13 AM.
Quote Clean-Up, references

#7 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

A relevant question for us forumwarriors I suppose

[color=#333333]What is the allowable depletion charge using the percentage depletion method for year 1 only of the salt mine investment described below. The applicable rate for the percentage depletion method is 10%. Cost to acquire mine rights = $30,000 Estimated mine size = 2,000,000 pounds Selling price = $0.18 per pound in year 1 Amount sold in year 1 = 700,000 pounds Operating cost in year 1 = $104,000[/color]

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,894 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 15 August 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Just a question as a lore[Redacted] as you call it( I take no offence on that, BTW Posted Image )but if they did inject lore would it affect the game much as in game mechanics? Bring in more "lore[Redacted]"to have a greater population if you had more "lore[Redacted]" and if they didnt affect the game would you still play?

Same Game mechanics but with more lore put in? Just wondering and I agree with you on Community warfare as it used to be WAY more chatter but not its almost dead.

As a former lore[Redacted] myself...I think its to late for it to matter. I mean consider CW. If they all of a sudden made the matches follow some sort of narrative (maybe animations or dialog to link the various match types or whatever) or made planets provide unique consquences for their capture/loss,or made each factions/mercs loyalty/rep points unique, etc. would that attract the lore[Redacted] that have left to come clamouring back -assuming no actual changes to game play? I really doubt it, but who knows.

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 09:17 AM.
inappropriate language, Quote Clean-Up

#9 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Same reason i don't use FB much, tired of the negativity drama. To many folks are not happy unless they are complaining. I've been helping folks on steam instead.

#10 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 15 August 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

I would have to take the more optimistic view against Bud. With BT being so niche, I think that if PGI started to legitimately and earnestly begin to rebuild FW/CW with a healthy influx of lore, with contracts, events and systems that reflect that lore through each faction... I think you'd start to get people to come back. The want to play in an environment like that is there, it's always been there, it's part of the reason this game got out of the gates.

I'm sure any returning players would be very wary of the past, but a series of successful updates could very well turn the tide, even today. It really depends on PGI's willingness to actually commit to the success of the game mode (no more settling for an MVP).

Other studios have done it with original IP's such as Warframe (fought to be a pretty darn good game from a fun but meh, a year ago), fans will come back if it's good, even if PGI is at the helm. Where else do you go for that mech fix? Hawken? Let alone a BT or MW specific fix.

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 09:25 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 15 August 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I got dengue.

I got the Blues.

#12 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Its summer. Busy with the Pokemon Go Legendary Raids. Caught me enough legendary birds to build an air force and raid North Korea.

I don't think this game has changed much since 2016 in terms of content and the playing population. Just more mechs, and the grind and confusion of the skill tree, which although I personally benefited from it, is sure to turn many players away.

For PvP mech warfare, I now got War Robots on my tablets to satisfy that fix. That's good, if I want to lie down on my bed and play games all night long. But I still have my PC gaming addiction once in a while. Its either MWO or War Thunder now; World of Warships has become too boring for its passive play. I still think MWO's quick play remains fairly dynamic; its not one of those games that fixate players to be campy, passive, do peek and boo, or just snipe all day. Faults aside I also think it remains immersive, the built in voice IP actually adds to that sense of being a pilot.

But after that skill tree... I look at the skill trees in War Thunder and World of Warships and the skill trees of these two games are much less complex. That MWO skill tree is going to drive away players...if the miserably implemented FP hasn't. MWO also lacks both structure and an endgame that gives players purpose. To what they are grinding, to what end they are grinding. That will make players play, then give it up after a while --- even if they don't have fundamental issues with MWO --- because it doesn't burn their desire or ignite their passions as another game would, which new ones keep being released every week, every month.

#13 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Maybe there are less people with under 100 posts than before but the regulars are always here, even the ones that don't play anymore.

#14 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Way down for me

Just accepting the reality of PGI's pace, I suppose

#15 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:05 AM

I've been posting less than usual recently because I'm STILL in an anime gif drought, (I really need to start watching shows again so I can get my own material easier. At this rate, I won't double my gallery size by next year like I'd planned!) and most of my attention is occupied right now by Pillars of Eternity. But I'm at least keeping up with the craziness that goes on here, even if I'm not commenting on everything.

#16 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,894 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostXetelian, on 15 August 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

Maybe there are less people with under 100 posts than before but the regulars are always here, even the ones that don't play anymore.

But even the regulars are a reduced number. That is to say, there used to be a lot more folks regularly posting. Now a days it seems like its about 50-75 folks consistently posting on a day to day basis, where as back in phase 2 of CW there were a few hundred. [Redacted] Also it seems like even among the reduced number of regulars, they are also posting less.

I think the general vibe of development apathy has hurt things a bit too, and also [Redacted]. The restructure of the threads several months ago didn't help either. Burying the build advice rooms under new player help (and initially shoving them in archives), among other changes, I think drove some of the more constructive regular posters away as well. Let's also not forget Twitter. Of late, significant announcements have been made exclusively on Twitter with PGI no longer even bothering to post here. Those posters who need the pretense of a forum where "PGI listens" get there fix there. There is also Reddit, where certain devs post substantive commentary on occasion which is far than they do here, and I gotta think that drives some folks to go there for their discussions with increasing frequency.

Whatever.

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 11:29 AM.
discussing moderation, unconstructive, replies removed

#17 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

Trolls?
And I'm killing them all......

Compared to all the "summers" before this is really a "dry" one - the global mood is nihilistic, while it was rage in last summer. (April 2016 was disastrous)

Maybe the Skill Revamp killed dozens of customers - or at least more of the forumite minority

#18 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 August 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

[Redacted]

[Redacted]

View PostKarl Streiger, on 16 August 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

Trolls?
And I'm killing them all......

Compared to all the "summers" before this is really a "dry" one - the global mood is nihilistic, while it was rage in last summer. (April 2016 was disastrous)

Maybe the Skill Revamp killed dozens of customers - or at least more of the forumite minority

What caused the global mood to be so poor?

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 11:31 AM.
Quote Clean-Up, reference

#19 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,894 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:43 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 11:37 AM.
name & shame, replies removed

#20 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostMystere, on 15 August 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I got the Blues.

Had a Blood Test. Doc wanted to know where all the [Redacted] "Sodium Chloride" came from. I just shook my head.
He wouldn't understand. Posted Image

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 11:34 AM.
inappropriate language

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users