BattleMechs

28 replies to this topic

#21 Shenanigan23

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

CN9-D, Gauss, 2 ER Med lasers, SRM4 with LE250? Love that cool down quirk on this

#22 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 03 December 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

UM-R63 GAUSS URBIE - (GR [30], XL145)

Spoiler

Skills
Spoiler

You won't go wrong with an Urbanmech.

#23 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

2 Gauss + 4 ERML Warhammer 6R.

#24 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

I'd recommend a bigger gauss or two and a slower mech, so that you got more of a punch, but get punished for bad positioning. Mechs: enf, rifleman, jager, whammer, night gyr..

#25 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:03 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 20 August 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

I've had some good luck with this one. I've tried a few jag builds on the jad dd. Using the pan 10-p was pretty bad. On paper and in the screenie it looks good. It's just died a lot due to bad positioning or my bad luck of ending up in light vs light fights. I did have a meh match on dom grim plexis with it getting 150 damage in it but no kill shot. The hbk moving that fast was pretty nice too. Felt fast for a med.

The guass jag was more decent and worked well on where I could use inclines to take advantage of the high mounts. I don't have much jag time so the hbk came off more natural to me. So far it's been hard for me due to having to keep remembering about the charge mechanic and bad eyesight so I miss a lot of shots. I feel like I do more damage with the 2-3 meds than guass.

I tried the heavy guass on the shadow hawk for the lol factor. Managed to kill a linebacker with a few shots and he was livid in all chat giving me some nice salt that I sold. UI bouncing everywhere when you fire hguass gave me a headache so I went back to normal guass.

http://SHD-2D Lolhawk

By the way, are you sure you want an IS mech? Because one of shadow cats SHC-P may be pretty good for you: 100 (120 with masc) kph, insane acceleration and maneuverability, 40 gauss ammo, high mount, 70m (!) jumping and 3 MGs with 1t of ammo for a back up

#26 Killian De Morte

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

Instead of Panther with light Gauss - try a Cicada with stealth armour , 2 ER small lasers and light Gauss.

Practice some long range sniping - can get 400+ damage a match and can be a good way to practice the Gauss mechanic without getting blasted to bits.

#27 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

You want to try that panther with an AC10 or my new favourite troll build on that mech (its sometimes actually not bad) dual LB 2-X ac! Oh man, "I raise your RAC`s with dual LB 2X fire that never ever stops! ever" Its funky but its fun.

#28 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Ive had luck on the rifleman running 1 gauss and 6 ERML (or 5 ERML+1ERLL), its not a very strong build, and it required enemy that is neither too passive or too agressive (if you get rushed u die, if the enemy sits beyond 700m your 1 gauss just isnt anywhere near enough dmg to bother). If you can get a game where the enemy sits at 500m or so your lasers do majority damage and your gauss has very good cooldown and velocity letting you hit easily.

Another option is the bushwhacker, some models give you the ability to have gauss in an arm, and ample secondary weapons, although the one i prefer is the one with ST gauss and 4 lasers, as its pretty much a baby rifleman which can actually tank damage, move at a reasonable pace (you can get it to go almost 90 with LFE and speed tweak) but has only 4 ERMLs as its secondary weapons (weak but still workeable). You might even be able to get a gauss+ppc build working if you are ok with low engine cap.

One other mechs that ive not ran myself but know work for gauss is the warhammer (dual gauss 2-4 ERML, risky since XL and slow, but its brutal if you can hit consistently and not that much worse then clan gauss mechs).

Still, if you find you really like gauss for whatever reason is strongly suggest you get a clam mech. Basically every single clan heavy/assault can run gauss vomit (1-2 gauss supplemented by 4-6 lasers) and run it to devastating effect if you dont take too much return fire since most clans are weakly armored even with maxed skill tree. That and you can even do it on some of the mediums like the crow or huntsman, and do it far better then any IS medium can (IS may have edge in firepower from gauss due to quirks, but clans get decent secondarys and are faster). I know you want to try it on IS, but gauss vomit (or gauss in general) is one of the few things clans flat out beat IS at (the other being laser alfa strike), so if you enjoy gauss, get a clan mech...

Also a bit of a side note, nomatter how tempting it may be to use the light gauss, stay the hell away from it. It does atrocious damage, and it neither has extremely long range or any sort of DPS to compensate. Unless they drop its cooldown to like 2.5s or something below 3, its going to remains unuseable in any competitive setting.

Edited by panzer1b, 21 August 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#29 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Dragon, Gauss+ 2 ERLL's :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users