• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

View Postcougurt, on 21 August 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

fair enough, though i still think it could be a pretty strong mech if given some durability quirks. i'm imagining something like the bushwacker, just lighter on weaponry and much faster. i guess i'm making a lot of assumptions here, i just like the idea of a super fast 55 tonner.

The closest analogue I can think of is the Linebacker. As a dedicated boom and zoom splat mech or a twin ERPPC poker, it works, but it also has more pod space, more heat sinks, and required quirks that actually give it the CT armor of an assault mech. If the Black Lanner gets structure quirks to make its torsos as tough to kill as a high end heavy, it might serve some sort of purpose.

In the case of both mechs, however, their legs would likely remain super squishy. :3

#22 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

With IK no longer in development. I expect mech animations to be done properly and have older mechs have their animations looked at.

Also why no change to the Uziel's stance/animation?

Edited by SpectreHD, 21 August 2017 - 06:49 PM.

#23 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 21 August 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

11 tons of pod space on a 55 ton mech once you fix the horrible armor situation the stock mechs have.

Have fun with your 55 ton mist lynx. Without the ballistic spam. Or jump jets.

With the ECM IFR, it is a redundant mech. Pretty sure the IFR is better at the job, overall, too.

Edit:

I mean, if people want it for nostalgia reasons, I can kinda get behind that for their sake. But anyone thinking that mech will be good is smoking the good stuff and really needs to share it.

It's not eleven tons of pod space, but thirteen tons.

#24 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostHawk819, on 21 August 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

It's not eleven tons of pod space, but thirteen tons.

No. 11. It starts severely under armored. If you were to max out that armor, you are at 11 tons. You might squeeze in 12 tons with some judicious armor shaving, though. It also only comes with the 10 DHS in the engine. No external.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 August 2017 - 06:57 PM.

#25 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Events in Faction Warfare should in no way, shape, or form be connected to, associated with, influence, or be influenced by the performance of players in Quick Play whatsoever. The two modes should be kept entirely separate.

There is no reason to link them together simply for an event-at all. I am not going to divide my time between dropping with my team in Faction Warfare and dropping in Quickplay. That is not happening.

If I do have to choose, I am picking my team in Faction Warfare over all else. Stuff the rest!

Furthermore, before you go getting any BS idea, I am not going to accept one side's victory margin undergoing negative penalties simply because of the poor performance of players in QuickPlay. That is absolutely unacceptable.

Edited by Commander A9, 21 August 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#26 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

How I feel about some of these updates:
  • Mad Cat MK II Animation Improvements
YES! Finally the Mad Cat Mk II will no longer move like it's constipated or has mud-butt (if it had a MASC variant lol).
  • Clan Diamond Shark Sub-Faction and Items
YAY for Clan Diamond Shark! Restolll will be excited to hear about this. The more clans the merrier. 1 down, 10 to go.
  • Unannounced Inner Sphere Medium
If it is a Civil War mech, I assume it will be a Hellspawn or Chimera.
  • Unannounced Clan Light
Please let this be a 20 ton Mech. I don't care if it's a Piranha, Fire Moth, or Baboon, I will shell money on anyone of those lights.
  • Unannounced Clan Medium
I can see it being a Shadow Hawk IIC, Grendel, Pouncer, Phantom, Conjurer, or Black Lanner
  • Bolt-On Geometry
Please give us the chance to color our Bolt-On pieces.
  • A new, mid-sized, Tourmaline-style Map, with support for all Quick Play Game Modes, their Faction Play counterparts, and Scouting.
  • A new City Map (Early 2018)
It's nice to see new maps make it into the game. It beats the crap out of fighting on the same monotonous maps we've been having for years.
  • Special Events System
I hope RP elements are added to make FP and QP feel a bit more campaign like instead of the boring snoozefest we have now. FP really needs some love right now and I hope this feature gives it that type of respect.
  • Thanatos
It's good to see the rest of the Mechwarrior 4 mechs come out. I await the day until we see mechs like the Argus, Fafnir, Hellspawn, and Chimera come out.
  • Solaris Mode! (Spring 2018)
I like the fact that PGI are giving solo players a chance to play with friends without being harassed by larger groups. While I like the idea of Solaris, the only feature I dislike is the Spectator Mode. If spectators had the option to bet on groups or solo players or have another alternative to betting, that would be cool. But without some type of incentive like that, Spectator Mode in Solaris is a big waste of time.

So far I like what I see with this roadmap, I hope to see how much interest this content will bring once it hits each month.

Edited by Will9761, 22 August 2017 - 06:12 PM.

#27 Cori Gamble

• Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

I do like a lot of the updates I'm seeing here! Hoping to see the Hellspawn, maybe even the Shadow Hawk IIC.
What I'm not seeing is the FAFNIR. D< PGI, dafuq.

I was also hoping for one more big 'mech pack in December. Ah well.

#28 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

Looks interesting

#29 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

I'm a little surprised that they are doing away with supply keys entirely. I was fine with that, I was more just upset about the meager rewards (I have about 30+ keys from challenges).

#30 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

Bolt-On Geometry
Part-and-parcel with the release of Solaris, 2018 will see the release of a new bolt-on geometry system for personalizing your 'Mechs. With this feature you'll be able to equip purely cosmetic pieces of distinct geometry onto your 'Mech at pre-determined locations.
These geometry pieces will not contribute to the hitbox of your 'Mech or impact the way in which your 'Mech takes enemy fire; when hit by incoming fire these pieces will simply be destroyed, with your 'Mech taking appropriate damage to any struck components as normal.

I'm hoping to be able to have a top hat, cigar, and sunglasses for my Urbies! Posted Image Posted Image

#31 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

Interesting, although I would like to see Ghost Bear Dominion, Clan Wolf In Exile, and Arc Royal Defense Cordon introduced as well.

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 21 August 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'm a little surprised that they are doing away with supply keys entirely. I was fine with that, I was more just upset about the meager rewards (I have about 30+ keys from challenges).

They'll likely have a refund like when skill tree arrived where you get MC for all your keys in your inventory.

#33 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 August 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

They'll likely have a refund like when skill tree arrived where you get MC for all your keys in your inventory.

I thought of this as well. Strong possibility. More MC I like it.

View PostCommander A9, on 21 August 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Events in Faction Warfare should in no way, shape, or form be connected to, associated with, influence, or be influenced by the performance of players in Quick Play whatsoever. The two modes should be kept entirely separate.

There is no reason to link them together simply for an event-at all. I am not going to divide my time between dropping with my team in Faction Warfare and dropping in Quickplay. That is not happening.

If I do have to choose, I am picking my team in Faction Warfare over all else. Stuff the rest!

Furthermore, before you go getting any BS idea, I am not going to accept one side's victory margin undergoing negative penalties simply because of the poor performance of players in QuickPlay. That is absolutely unacceptable.

I didn't notice anyone say that quickplay would be counted towards faction play.

Whats the problem with that anyway?

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 August 2017 - 11:08 PM.

#34 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

In before during calls, hopes and dreams of the Firemoth
Also, first person mech bay but still no way of showing what the mech looks like with weapon doors open?

#35 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

Definitely interesting features coming.

I wonder if QP could be split between 8vs8 for PUGs and 12vs12 in Group Queue.
That might give solos more "influence" on the outcome (e.g. less reliant on the rest of your team) and group matches would still benefit from having a Lance or more without filling the full team.

#36 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:17 AM

8v8 would had been great in 2 years ago.

But, at this point, going back to 8v8 would not result in better shape for this game. Particularly now most of the maps are way too huge even for 12v12, with non-functional matchmaker and dc issues will ruin the qp if we go back to 8v8.

#37 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

Solaris, nice.
Light mech: I hope for the flea: [color=#545454]https://[/color][color=#6A6A6A]mwomercs[/color][color=#545454].com/news/2012/09/449-battlemech-16-[/color][color=#6A6A6A]flea[/color]

New maps: Can't wait for the city map!

Best regards
Doc

#38 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

I wonder, when this feature will be included finally... ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 FREDtheROLF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:03 AM

Clan IIC Hero 'Mechs (Store)
Same old stuff new clothes
Special Events System
Mad Cat MK II Animation Improvements
Its called bug fixing and your duty
Clan Diamond Shark Sub-Faction and Items
Various fixes and improvements
Balance pass
Start of the MechWarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals
Nothing to see here
2017 Annual Rewards Program Announcement
Civil War: Escalation (Store)
Various Fixes and Improvements, focused toward addressing long-standing or high priority issues and desired improvements
Patch Date: November 14th
Thanatos (Store)
A new, mid-sized, Tourmaline-style Map, with support for all Quick Play Game Modes, their Faction Play counterparts, and Scouting.
YEP THATS SOMETHING NEW
Continued Fixes and improvements, again focused toward addressing long-standing or high priority issues and desired improvements
2017 Annual Rewards Program Content Release
Evaluating a Return to 8v8 Quick Play
This could be cool(evaluating usually means its not gonna happen)
Upcoming 'Mechs
• Unannounced Inner Sphere Medium
• Unannounced Clan Ligh
• Unannounced Clan Medium
Mech_Con 2017 and the 2017 MechWarrior Online World Championships
Special single-variant Patterns (December)
A new City Map (Early 2018)
YEP THATS SOMETHING NEW (early 2018 means Q3-4)
Solaris Mode! (Spring 2018)
YEP THATS SOMETHING NEW (early 2018 means Q3-4)
Bolt-On Geometry
BYE BYE FPS one more time
First-Person MechBay
This is what you think your player base want you to put your coding/design/performance resources on?
NOPE!!!
New Supply Cache system
This is what you think your player base want you to put your coding/design/performance resources on?
NOPE!!!

To sum that up.
Nothing to see here.
No improvements made
CW/FW/FP still dead
FPS goes down.

Edited by FREDtheROLF, 22 August 2017 - 07:05 AM.

#40 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

Man, someone's salty. Why don't you leave some for the dead sea.

Actually, if you don't like what they are doing, just go find another game and give me your stuff. It's progress.

Edited by Catten Hart, 22 August 2017 - 07:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users