#121 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostReaver2145, on 10 September 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Okay, lets say the op isn't a total idiot. Even though this thread proves otherwise.

As he's using the 7S there's still room for 2 med pulse with stripped arms or more if he keeps those arms intact.

They have the ability to put some backup weapons on there but they didn't.

The build I was using was 2 ERPPC 3 LRM5 for testing a long range load out but the ERPPCs do damage at 0 range
on out to 1000. so lets see I hit the locust once with both ER PPCS point blank he took no damage same with the spider.

So my build is mostly for long range but it can work for close range defense. so my point is these few mechs are so OP in actuality PGI should nerf the crap out of there speed because you don't get second shots there under you and behind you and most of the time you cant maneuver to get them back in weapons view to get a hit.

if your going to attack me be warned I report offenders.

#122 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 September 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

The build I was using was 2 ERPPC 3 LRM5 for testing a long range load out but the ERPPCs do damage at 0 range
on out to 1000. so lets see I hit the locust once with both ER PPCS point blank he took no damage same with the spider.

So my build is mostly for long range but it can work for close range defense. so my point is these few mechs are so OP in actuality PGI should nerf the crap out of there speed because you don't get second shots there under you and behind you and most of the time you cant maneuver to get them back in weapons view to get a hit.

If you shot a light mech with your ERPPC's, and they took no damage, then you missed between their legs, or between their body and arm. I kill lights all the time with ERPPCs

#123 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Not trying to insult you, but that doesn't make you special.

Edited by Catten Hart, 10 September 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#124 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostVxheous, on 10 September 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

If you shot a light mech with your ERPPC's, and they took no damage, then you missed between their legs, or between their body and arm. I kill lights all the time with ERPPCs

I have killed lights also with ERPPCS mostly at a distance when there stopped at the top of hills but these 2 were basically 2 mechs away stopped in front of me and I did not miss.

SO here are the facts both light showed up by our spawn less than 30 seconds after the match starts which is a little fishy. Secondly they took no damage .third they killed me in a fully armored warhammer in under 10 seconds.

So ya I say total OP and PGI needs to balance there game it has become garbage when you cant take non meta builds and just have a fun good battle anymore.

View PostCatten Hart, on 10 September 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Not trying to insult you, but that doesn't make you special.

No but im not insulting others just posting a topic that needed to be addressed for a long time.

#125 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 September 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

I have killed lights also with ERPPCS mostly at a distance when there stopped at the top of hills but these 2 were basically 2 mechs away stopped in front of me and I did not miss.

SO here are the facts both light showed up by our spawn less than 30 seconds after the match starts which is a little fishy. Secondly they took no damage .third they killed me in a fully armored warhammer in under 10 seconds.

So ya I say total OP and PGI needs to balance there game it has become garbage when you cant take non meta builds and just have a fun good battle anymore.

No but im not insulting others just posting a topic that needed to be addressed for a long time.

its more a Problem of the Mapdesign and the "Fast To Play" philosophy of thsis game with to many mazestyled maps

#126 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

1. Do you honestly think you're lrms are going to do damage at 1k either? They are not hard at all to dodge.

2. You missed then, or you're using regular PPCs which at this point I wouldn't put it past you.

3. They are not OP, you just suck, you suck at aiming, maneuvering and playing.

Oh and you can report me for triggering you all you want. My precious snowflake. But I'm not going to placate your clear incompetence and give you a virtual hug box.

#127 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostReaver2145, on 10 September 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

1. Do you honestly think you're lrms are going to do damage at 1k either? They are not hard at all to dodge.

2. You missed then, or you're using regular PPCs which at this point I wouldn't put it past you.

3. They are not OP, you just suck, you suck at aiming, maneuvering and playing.

Oh and you can report me for triggering you all you want. My precious snowflake. But I'm not going to placate your clear incompetence and give you a virtual hug box.

Sir have a nice day and yes I did report you twice.

#128 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 September 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Sir have a nice day and yes I did report you twice.

You truly are a special snowflake.

Please consult this video.

#129 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostReaver2145, on 10 September 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Okay, lets say the op isn't a total idiot. Even though this thread proves otherwise.

As he's using the 7S there's still room for 2 med pulse with stripped arms or more if he keeps those arms intact.

They have the ability to put some backup weapons on there but they didn't.

With a LFE you can put full armor on and have that. With an XL you could stick a couple more MPL in the STs

#130 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostInfinityBall, on 10 September 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

With a LFE you can put full armor on and have that. With an XL you could stick a couple more MPL in the STs

As I said. "If". Admittedly it was a big if.

#131 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

https://mwo.gamepedia.com/ER_PPC

"Improved focusing mechanisms mean that unlike the standard PPC, the ER PPC also has the notable advantage of having no minimum effective range. The ER PPC can deal full damage even to targets at point blank range"

If you hit a target, your reticle will flash red. If it doesn't, you did not hit them. simple as it gets. Since, however, you said point blank, you either;

1. Are mistaking ERPPC for the regular PPC when engaging.

or

2. Think you hit them but in reality you didn't.

In MWO; most meta either is a group of similar weapons or one Primary or a Primary and then backup weapons. Per say, a LBXAC/20 with Small Pulse lasers.

LRM 5s are useless unless you have at least 5 or more. Otherwise, you are wasting tonnage.

Your point is invalid; Light mechs are not OP, you simply do not know how to counter them. Light mechs utilize speed as part of the original TableTop ideal.

And note; if a smaller tank can't go faster than a medium tank, that's really stupid, don't you think?

Tell you what; Why don't me and you, you take a light mech, and me a heavy mech, and just see how OP light mechs really are. let's see huh.

From the COC;

SPAMMING / TROLLING / UNCONSTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR

Engaging in any of the following actions while using PGI services is forbidden:
  • Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish.
  • Sending the same communication in multiple areas.
  • Creating forum threads about existing topics.
  • Creating duplicate or similar threads about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum.
  • Sending communications for the purpose of causing unrest.
  • Causing disturbances, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail a discussion, or insulting other individuals.
  • Communicating non-constructive comments.
  • Abusing Report features by sending false alarms, nonsensical messages, or reporting activities that do not violate the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use.
  • Responding to a topic of conversation with ‘IBTL’, ‘TLDR’, ‘+1’,’yawn’, ‘ok’, ‘bump’, or any other fad or low-effort statements.
  • Posting farewells, such as “I quit”, “I’m done”, “I’m leaving”, and any similar variations.
  • Posting threads, content, or communications in areas that do not relate to the posted content.
  • Post or communicate requests and/or demands for responses.

Should read it carefully before posting responses like what you just said.

#132 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

So you're lying about how long it took them to get there, and you're claiming you took, worst case scenario, 4 alphas and died, so you're probably lying about that, too.

And you're complaining about dying in a 2 on 1 fight where you had a terrible build for brawling, even if it had been 1 on 1.

Everything you've written has been garbage

#133 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 September 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

I don't care what you or anyone thinks really your mostly just tools and care less about fixing MWO anyways.

Posted Image

#134 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts
  • LocationPugsville, Pugistan.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

I'm not buying the OP's story, either.

I'm not great at the game, and I know where the source of that is at the moment. Isn't lights being OP, isn't MG's being OP (neither is true). It's a combination of old, bad habits on top of being rusty. I'm too aggressive and it gets me killed a lot.

I occasionally play one of the so-called "OP" lights (Locust) and the only time I straight up murder anyone with it is when I stumble across some dope who deserves it. You know, the ones who don't turn around when getting shot in the back, or the LRM boat who doesn't understand the concept of firing while on the move (keeping up with their team so they have back up). Against sentient beings, I actually have to work a little bit or shift gears into hit and run. I know exactly how long a light lives if it makes mistakes around opponents who are paying attention...

A very short time elapses between engagement and:

"You have been destroyed"

Edited by Shard Phoenix, 10 September 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#135 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 10 September 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

If you want to keep the Streaks, find a way to fit a BAP in there. That will essentially cancel out ECM for you. And make sure you have Artemis on, since it will still decrease the lock time even though it costs you no extra tonnage.

I actually have both on my MAD-5D but the BAP doesn't seem to help, perhaps there is another ecm-equipped mech in the vicinity?

#136 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 September 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Played my first game today on grim portico did not even get very far towards the city and attacked by 2 lights with machine guns and flamers AND KILLED .

MWO game play and balance is at a all time low lights for so long have been totally OP in this game tanking even assaults and heavy's which is totally asinine.

Russ and PGI want money but I wont buy into this type of crappola gameplay anymore balance your game Russ or sell it off to someone that knows what the heck there doing with this IP.

You are a FP veteran, you have 2k+ posts, and you are having trouble with two light mechs? Where was the rest of your lance?

#137 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 10 September 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

You are a FP veteran, you have 2k+ posts, and you are having trouble with two light mechs? Where was the rest of your lance?

psst.

Look up his leaderboard stats for the past 3 seasons.

Spoiler

#138 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for KingCobra at this point. That's saying a lot, too, 'cause he told me I'm not allowed to play like I know **** about MWO, World of Tanks or World of Warships. [Not sure if he will report himself for the abuse, since he did add "please don't" before that statement.]

#139 dsagent

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

I legit cannot tell if this is a troll topic since I have met some REALLY bad players.

#140 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

I remember when I first bought my Huggin back in 2014
man I could take down a DW in 4 sec flat lol
of course I never said anything
OP I would not worry to much a balance pass is in the works

just wait and see what happens