Mwo Is Finnally Garbage

153 replies to this topic

#141 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

OP, you got killed being out of position. you played yourself.

#142 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

Here's my idea of what happened.

It was grim plexus not grim portico.

Op exaggerated when he said he got jumped at "spawn". I'm pretty sure he decided to go "snowflake" with his "long range" build, went down one of the corridors on the fringes of the map instead of following his team into the middle.

Promptly walked into two enemy lights attempting a flank and got eaten up like free lunch.

Lights aren't op. Bad decision making is op. For the other team that is.

#143 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

Edited by Davegt27, 10 September 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#144 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostReaver2145, on 10 September 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

1. Do you honestly think you're lrms are going to do damage at 1k either? They are not hard at all to dodge.

2. You missed then, or you're using regular PPCs which at this point I wouldn't put it past you.

3. They are not OP, you just suck, you suck at aiming, maneuvering and playing.

Oh and you can report me for triggering you all you want. My precious snowflake. But I'm not going to placate your clear incompetence and give you a virtual hug box.

REKT !

Nice one, man, that comment made me smile and even giggle a bit right after getting out of bed, thanks Reaver !

Edited by The Shortbus, 10 September 2017 - 10:34 PM.

#145 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:55 PM

Oh boy, its one of these threads again. Seriously people, haven't you had enough yet? Lights already have to put up with a rewards system that is blatantly biased against them, the Rescale which(outside of a few rare exceptions) destroyed there ability to even do decently in combat due to size increases and mobility profile nerfs, the fact that most light weight weapons just outright suck, and near constant nerfs. Lights do not need to be nerfed any more. They need buffs, either through a complete and total overhaul of the score system or a reversal of several nerfs including the Rescale.

#146 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 10 September 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Oh boy, its one of these threads again. Seriously people, haven't you had enough yet?

It's the same 3-4 people every time. They just manage to consistently generate 8 pages of "omg ur bad lol" every time they post. And then they report everybody who replies because they're special snowflakes that can't admit that other people are better than them.

#147 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 10 September 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

Dont go alone.

The idea is that mechs should be of approximately equal value in their elements, not that lights should always be inferior to heavies.

You got jumped by 2 mechs. 2 lights, 2 mediums, 2 assaults, doesn't matter. Lights are more vulnerable to damage but much faster so you need to avoid being alone.

Posted Image

#148 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostTarogato, on 10 September 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

It's the same 3-4 people every time. They just manage to consistently generate 8 pages of "omg ur bad lol" every time they post. And then they report everybody who replies because they're special snowflakes that can't admit that other people are better than them.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that these people, along with the factions that agree with them, are the ones that Paul most consistently listens to, which is both saddening and alarming.

#149 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

Well, I understand both sides of the "lights OP" argument..

PGI and light pilots want lights to be fun to play, so PGI gave them insane durability and lag shield..

On the other hand, it's extremely uncool to put a full assault mech's alpha into the CT of the most laughable light, like an Urbie, and have the Urbie charge you, and kiil your Assault, and walk away with yellow armor, after you consecutively pumped it full of weapons..

So who is in the right?

Well.. noone really. If this was a PVE game, light mechs would be cannon fodder. But it's not, so they have to be OP to be fun.. And by lights being fun, Assaults are not as fun as they should be.. so nobody wins..

#150 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostqS Sachiel, on 10 September 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

Isn't grim portico a Fp map?..
How did you get stormed by lights within 30s in FP?

Something fishy going on here (and it's not the ppc lrm warhammer... Wait)

That's what had been irking me.

Grim Portico = FP

Locust and Spider = IS Mech.

Warhammer = IS Mech.

So an IS Mech getting killed by two IS Mech on a FP map is impossible.

Let's say it was Grim Plexus instead, simple mistake to make, and now it makes sense.

And on Grim Plexus, I can take any of the Light Mechs I have, which are not the fastest around by the way, and still make it to the other side of the map in ~30 seconds.

So the basis of the ambush makes sense, at least.

#151 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:03 AM

Hmmm ...

At the start of the thread, the Lights were circling the OP.

By page 6, the Lights were immobile 50m in front of the OP.

And many other contradictions.

I'm done.

#152 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

Gotta agree all the doubts: Two IS mechs vs OP's single IS mech means it must have been Quick Play on Grim Plexus.

With the Locus going 153.9 kph, OP's WHM-7S was probably traveling directly at them at top speed 78..6 kph (XL340 to carry 3 extra DHS). Thats a combined closing speed over 230 kph, without speed tweak on both sides. So an engagement around 30 seconds seems quite likely.

Oh, and point blank with 2 erPPC is probably NOT going to land on the same component. Hell, even if one hit, the other one probably sailed off to the left or right.

And point blank tends to trigger rubber banding, so its quite likely neither erPPCs hit.

So I am going to have to agree with most posts on this thread - OP's out of position, 2v1 disadvantage, and weapon configuration short comings scenario does NOT demonstrate any sort of OPness in light mechs. - He pretty much walked into that like sheep to the slaughter house.

#153 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:51 AM

This is the best thread ever.

#154 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

Posted Image

Yeah, we all knew where this one was heading...... KTOWN Express is leaving the station. ALL ABOARD!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users