84 replies to this topic

#21 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 September 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

AGREED. What the hell are we doing having a Website Sale, when we're not having an In-Game Store Sale on them as well? And for that matter, WHERE is the freaking inbetween Clan Mech Sale of some kind or another?!?!? What's going on with this insanity of two Inner Sphere Mech Sales in a row?!?!? Or heck, is it three in a row by now??? Posted Image

That would be the one. Give the man a cookie! Posted Image

~D. V. "...doesn't find this sale rubbing them the right way..." Devnull

You do know they've been doing paired IS/Clan mech sales for like... a month now, right? And they had a champion mech sale a while back. This is the closest to a pure IS sale I've seen in a while.

#22 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

The end date of the last sale period lays in the past. ;)

#23 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Interestingly enough these are exactly the mechs from the HG's copyright infringement lawsuit against PGI... What happens if HG wins? If these mechs get removed, will there be a refund?

Excuse the scepticism, but to me it looks like the sale of mechs that were about to get nerfed, like we had in the past, and this looks like that last possible cash grabber before they have to shut it down...

Guess I'm one of those guys who sleep with tin foil on their head Posted Image

Edited by pacifica812, 11 September 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#24 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

View Postpacifica812, on 11 September 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Interestingly enough these are the mechs from the HG's copyright infringement lawsuit against PGI... What happens if HG wins? If these mechs get removed, will there be a refund?

nope, MWO terms of use we all agreed to allows PGI to remove content at will and we have no recourse save whining.

#25 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:37 PM

Welp, guess I'm buying a Scorch as well this sale season

EDIT: Oooooorrr not... turns out I never bought the standard pack but I somehow have three variants of it? Must've c-bill'd them when they were on sale whenever it was Posted Image

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 11 September 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#26 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

A question. What happens to the Mech if Harmony wins the law suit? We will get a refund? Will the Mechs just vanish?

#27 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

Warhammer and the Marauders are good mechs, had good results in those i have and maybe i will buy a few more. But what about Archers, Rifleman and Phoenix Hawk, how are they from your point of view?

#28 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

View Postpacifica812, on 11 September 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Interestingly enough these are exactly the mechs from the HG's copyright infringement lawsuit against PGI... What happens if HG wins? If these mechs get removed, will there be a refund?

View PostBlack Ivan, on 11 September 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

A question. What happens to the Mech if Harmony wins the law suit? We will get a refund? Will the Mechs just vanish?

If HG somehow won the case, I'd expect the mech geometry to be replaced with different designs - probably derived from the original Reseen.

However, HG winning is unlikely for two main reasons:

1. HG doesn't actually own the rights they're basing the lawsuit on. They own the rights to distribute Macross, yes, but the mecha designs in the series reside with another company and were not covered by the licensing between Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko Productions. This was recently confirmed in court when HG petitioned for confirmation of an arbitration ruling that clarified the state of their contract with Tatsunoko

2. Specific aspects of a design are copyrightable, and a general similarity in silhouette and configuration is not it. The original FASA v Playmates case (which kind of started the mess back in the 90s) provides PGI and HBS with a valid argument for defense. http://web.archive.o...Playmates3.html - http://cfw.sarna.net.../madcat-wat.jpg was ruled non-infringing to http://ironwindmetal...le%20madcat.jpg based on "key design differences outweighing any general similarities".

In the mean time, I'd happily give this sale an unofficial title of "**** HG Legal Fund"

Edited by Horseman, 11 September 2017 - 10:55 PM.

#29 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostDONALD KERENSKY TRUMP, on 11 September 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

can we have cbills discount too?

What the hell are we doing having a Website Sale, when we're not having an In-Game Store Sale on them as well?

Loyalty Rewards are coming soon® so they're tempting people to buy a few more packs

And for that matter, WHERE is the freaking inbetween Clan Mech Sale of some kind or another?!?!? What's going on with this insanity of two Inner Sphere Mech Sales in a row?!?!? Or heck, is it three in a row by now??? Posted Image

As AncientRaig said, we've had a number of IS vs Clan 'mech pack sales since 16th Aug
IIRC they were;
Cyclops / Kodiak
Assasin / Viper
Bushwacker / Huntsman

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 11 September 2017 - 11:27 PM.

#30 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

AGREED. What the hell are we doing having a Website Sale, when we're not having an In-Game Store Sale on them as well? And for that matter, WHERE is the freaking inbetween Clan Mech Sale of some kind or another?!?!? What's going on with this insanity of two Inner Sphere Mech Sales in a row?!?!? Or heck, is it three in a row by now??? Posted Image

That would be the one. Give the man a cookie! Posted Image

~D. V. "...doesn't find this sale rubbing them the right way..." Devnull

The hell are you talking about?
Are you forgetting that the versus sales had an IS and Clan mechs together?

Besides, even this sale includes the Marauder IIC, which is Clan.

I still wanted the Urbie sale more!

#31 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

Oh man... I'm catching up with the madness again, I see! :(

View PostAncientRaig, on 11 September 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

You do know they've been doing paired IS/Clan mech sales for like... a month now, right? And they had a champion mech sale a while back. This is the closest to a pure IS sale I've seen in a while.

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 11 September 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Loyalty Rewards are coming soon® so they're tempting people to buy a few more packs

<<<snip>>>

As AncientRaig said, we've had a number of IS vs Clan 'mech pack sales since 16th Aug
IIRC they were;
Cyclops / Kodiak
Assasin / Viper
Bushwacker / Huntsman

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 11 September 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

The hell are you talking about?
Are you forgetting that the versus sales had an IS and Clan mechs together?

Besides, even this sale includes the Marauder IIC, which is Clan.

I still wanted the Urbie sale more!

I'm sorry, you three, but I'm NOT talking about the Website MechPack Sales that have been happening. The last In-Game Store Mech Sales that I've seen have been all Inner Sphere, and there hasn't been a Clan equivalent to match it. That's what I'm poking PGI about with my post. Could you all please read my posts more carefully? It's like this guy below said...

View PostKuaron, on 11 September 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

The end date of the last sale period lays in the past. Posted Image

...and I would bet you they DID read my post properly. There is a difference between what you think I'm talking about, and what I'm actually talking about. B)

~Mr. D. V. "Again, I'm talking about In-Game Store Sales!!! I'm NOT talking about the WebSite MechPack Sales!!!" Devnull

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

Grab yer cheap MWO Mechs while they're hot!

Edited by Appogee, 12 September 2017 - 12:00 AM.

#33 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

What the hell are we doing having a Website Sale, when we're not having an In-Game Store Sale on them as well? And for that matter, WHERE is the freaking inbetween Clan Mech Sale of some kind or another?!?!? What's going on with this insanity of two Inner Sphere Mech Sales in a row?!?!? Or heck, is it three in a row by now??? Posted Image

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 September 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Oh man... I'm catching up with the madness again, I see! Posted Image

I'm sorry, you three, but I'm NOT talking about the Website MechPack Sales that have been happening. The last In-Game Store Mech Sales that I've seen have been all Inner Sphere, and there hasn't been a Clan equivalent to match it. That's what I'm poking PGI about with my post. Could you all please read my posts more carefully? It's like this guy below said...

...and I would bet you they DID read my post properly. There is a difference between what you think I'm talking about, and what I'm actually talking about. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Again, I'm talking about In-Game Store Sales!!! I'm NOT talking about the WebSite MechPack Sales!!!" Devnull

Be less ambiguous. You talked about an in game store sale, then go on about a Clan 'mech sale "of some kind or another". Well, the Vs. sales *are* a Clan 'mech sale "of some kind or another". If you meant to ask about the last in game store Clan 'mech sale, you should have actually said that.

If you actually said what you wanted to, people would not misinterpret you.

#34 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

The last few sales I can find (I may have missed some, please let me know and I'll edit this);
30th Aug Flash Sale MC Champions, IS & Clan, in game store
20th Jul War Chest MC Heroes, IS & Clan, in game store
22nd Jun Steam Summer Sale Steam Performance Packs
21st Jun Summer Blast Resistance 1 & 2 website mech pack sale, in game store MC & C-Bill sale and MC purchase rewards
19th May Tukayyid Salvage Popular chassis, IS & Clan, in game store, MC & C-Bills
13th Apr Easter Event Sale JJ 'mechs, IS & Clan, in game store, MC & C-Bills
6th Apr Clan Invasion 2 & 3 Clan Wave 2 & 3 mech packs, website store
24th Mar MWO Comp Scene Sale Select 'mechs, IS & Clan, in game store, MC & C-Bills
1st Mar Join The Resistance Mech Sale Resistance 1 & 2 'mechs, in game store, MC & C-Bills
7th Feb Sweet Deals with MC 3 Select 'mechs, IS & Clan, MC purchase rewards
25th Jan Year of the Fire Rooster Sale "Chicken Walker" 'mechs, IS & Clan, in game store, MC & C-Bills

So, since January that's 8 in game store sales, 2 of which were IS only and those were both for the same 'mechs. One of them also came with IS 'mech rewards for MC purchases. It also came with a website pack sale, but there was one for Clan packs 2 months prior so that's fine.

So, to balance it out (and again, there may have been more that I missed, point them out and I'll edit);

We need 2 in game MC & C-Bill sales for Clan 'mechs and a rewards for MC purchase with only Clan 'mech rewards.

Personally? I'd celebrate the release of the Wave 2 & 3 Clan Heroes with both an MC & C-Bills sale on the non-Heroes (except the new Reinforcements, maybe?) *and* a rewards for MC purchase deal with 'mechs form those packs.

Then, around the Origins Heroes release, an in game MC & C-Bills sale for those chassis.

#35 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:49 AM

View PostDONALD KERENSKY TRUMP, on 11 September 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

can we have cbills discount too?

This. Please. PLEASE. PLEASE.

#36 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:54 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 11 September 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

Warhammer and the Marauders are good mechs, had good results in those i have and maybe i will buy a few more. But what about Archers, Rifleman and Phoenix Hawk, how are they from your point of view?

Rifleman is sort of a glass cannon (can do a lot of damage or die fast, depending on your position), but I have friends very skilled in brawling Archers (all the SRMs!) and energy Phoenix Hawks.

#37 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 September 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

but I have friends very skilled in brawling Archers (all the SRMs!) and energy Phoenix Hawks.

If you ever face DevlinIncognito in a Phoenix Hawk, run...

If you ever have DevlinIncognito on your team and he likes you and/or you are in [IDI], run... ;)

#38 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:42 AM

I'd never pay cash for these, but the Phawk ecm variants are my favorite ever long-range fighters. 2 ERPPC or 3ERLL and lots of movement nodes make them great fast peek and poke shooters. I don't know why, but they beat the tar out of every other mech I've ever used for this style of play. I've got several 1000+ damage games in them and I have great memories of finishing off three mechs as the last man standing on my team while they tried to chase me down. They run hot, but very manageable. Easily one of the most consistent performers in my garage.

I don't like brawling with them, but with that many E hardpoints? They do ok.

#39 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

I bought a Rifleman Pack last week ...
Where can i get my 20% from PGI?

#40 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary