84 replies to this topic

#41 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

Really need to flavour this sale with something more than 20% off - camo pattern, decal, whatever. These are mainly old 'mechs that people already own one or more of; the sales model of trying to make you buy a garage full of 'mechs is now redundant with the new skills tree. Why buy 3 (4, 5 or 6 if going the whole way) when you only need 1 to master?

In regards to the issue of copyright - go back to Ral Partha having to discontinue or drastically change some existing models when they were challenged.

#42 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

Ok so if I wanted the marauder (don't like the phawk don't hate me!) does this mean you get the camo in the pic or just the standard pack and which pack do I have to buy to get the camo?

#43 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 12 September 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Really need to flavour this sale with something more than 20% off - camo pattern, decal, whatever. These are mainly old 'mechs that people already own one or more of; the sales model of trying to make you buy a garage full of 'mechs is now redundant with the new skills tree. Why buy 3 (4, 5 or 6 if going the whole way) when you only need 1 to master?

In regards to the issue of copyright - go back to Ral Partha having to discontinue or drastically change some existing models when they were challenged.

It's kind of weird with how stubborn they are on these packs huh?

#44 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostArnie1808, on 12 September 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Ok so if I wanted the marauder (don't like the phawk don't hate me!) does this mean you get the camo in the pic or just the standard pack and which pack do I have to buy to get the camo?
Just standard pack.
The camo is one of the Faction camos you can buy in-game with MC - Davion pattern for the IS mechs, Sherman for the Marauder IIC - with custom colors. Eyeballing they seem to be Tundra, FRR Pure Orange, Rasahalgue Orange.

#45 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

I like how all of those Gold paint jobs are in Harmony with each other.

#46 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostHorseman, on 12 September 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Just standard pack.
The camo is one of the Faction camos you can buy in-game with MC - Davion pattern for the IS mechs, Sherman for the Marauder IIC - with custom colors. Eyeballing they seem to be Tundra, FRR Pure Orange, Rasahalgue Orange.

So let me get this right.
They are advertising all these mechs with each one having pretty much the same camo in the picture but if you buy said mechs you just get the standard colours (as in green) you don't actually get the camo in the pic! That to me seems wrong to me.
You would think when you look at the advertisement if you bought any of these mechs they would look like they are in the advert surley to christ otherwise thats seems very shady and underhanded imo.

Making you buy the colours and camo after you buy the mech packs so it looks like they do in the advertised picture..... wow just.... wow im lost for words how **** that is.

I was going to buy the marauder pack for a starter then two or three of the others so they looked like a collection but balls to that im out.

#47 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

The IS mechs its the Davion camo pattern and different colors. The Marauder IIC is the sherman pattern and the same colors as the rest. Try Camo Grey, Jade Falcon Gold and AJ Light Orange.

Edited by Dee Eight, 12 September 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#48 HallowOne

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

Can we get the requirements to the loyalty stuff before these sales end plz. I have almost every pack that has come out since oct of last year but if its done the same way I wont qualify for anything because only the upgraded packs counted. At least this would give me a shot to save a bit.

#49 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 12 September 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

the sales model of trying to make you buy a garage full of 'mechs is now redundant with the new skills tree. Why buy 3 (4, 5 or 6 if going the whole way) when you only need 1 to master?

It's like they don't realise how they changed their own game.

Incidentally, many of us warned them pre-skill tree that exactly this would happen. I explicitly said I was worried that they were inadvertently shutting down their main source of income.

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 12 September 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

It's kind of weird with how stubborn they are on these packs huh?

Stubborn? Asleep at the wheel? Not even trying any more...?

It's a real head-scratcher, to be sure.

For all our sakes I hope they know what they're doing.

Edited by Appogee, 12 September 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#50 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 11 September 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

I note a pattern. I wonder if in October they'll do the Shadow Hawk, Griffin, Wolverine, Thunderbolt, and Battlemaster, just for more fun.

Edit - I forgot the Locust!

I would love to see the Phoenix pack back on sale.

#51 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostArnie1808, on 12 September 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

So let me get this right.
They are advertising all these mechs with each one having pretty much the same camo in the picture but if you buy said mechs you just get the standard colours (as in green) you don't actually get the camo in the pic!
They are showcasing how the mechs can look. Would you pay attention to them at all if they were all displayed in drab green? I wouldn't.

You would think when you look at the advertisement if you bought any of these mechs they would look like they are in the advert surley to christ otherwise thats seems very shady and underhanded imo.
Um, no. There's nothing shady or underhanded about it. The advertisement never states these paints / patterns are included in the pack, and the pack description is fairly explicit on no special patterns being included - past the Invasion / Resistance / Origins packs, the standard tier of the pack all came in drab green and only the Collector and Hero add-ons provided any special patterns.

#52 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 12 September 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

I would love to see the Phoenix pack back on sale.

PGI tried to resell them a year ago. Unfortunately, they had advertised Phoenix as a 'one off never to be repeated', so they couldn't.

They even ran a community poll a majority of existing owners, the majority of whom said 'no way, Jose'.

(Personally I would have been fine with Phoenix being resold to new buyers. I still don't understand why the majority voted no.)

#53 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostHorseman, on 12 September 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

They are showcasing how the mechs can look. Would you pay attention to them at all if they were all displayed in drab green? I wouldn't.
Um, no. There's nothing shady or underhanded about it. The advertisement never states these paints / patterns are included in the pack, and the pack description is fairly explicit on no special patterns being included - past the Invasion / Resistance / Origins packs, the standard tier of the pack all came in drab green and only the Collector and Hero add-ons provided any special patterns.

Well personally I think its misleading.

#54 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

View PostArnie1808, on 12 September 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Well personally I think its misleading.

Its just like when they show food in a commercial... is it ever that mouth-wateringly attractive in real life?

#55 Arnie1808

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 546 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Slightly different. I can see where your coming from but if I seen say a Pontiac firebird and bought it thinking that looks really cool I can look like Burt Reynolds in that and then it got delivered to me with a pigeon crudely painted on the bonnet I wouldn't be happy put it that way.
Anyway it doesn't matter anyway I've been put off the sale.

#56 R E S P E K

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

Anyone know the exact primary color used in the promo pic?

#57 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

I would like to buy one but IM still stinging mad over the Steam/PGI screwing I got on a Assault Steam pack that PGI says its Steams fault for advertising 40% off then not giving you the discount. When I contacted steam about it Steam says im sorry but PGI sales were over which is BS when 2 weeks after I bought the item it still said 40% off on all MWO steam packs.

So 20% off is great but ill pass because IM out $30USD already I could have used to buy one of there mech packs with.

#58 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

I smell a cash grab before blanket nerfs/lawsuit, and someone posted do we get refunds if HG wins, no you don't pgi will yank them, and you, and no refund, hence why buying into unseens/2cs can be dangerous, but hey at least you got some fun out of your purchase if they do win the lawsuit right?

#59 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Honest as has been said, Shadow, even on the smaller freaking chance that HG wins, and it's an infintessimally small one, because they're idiots, PGI would just probably modify the look of the Mechs to be more like the last Reseen look, which HG definitely can't touch anyways. hence, no need for refunds. you'd still have the mech, just with slightly different geometry.

#60 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Still. They could ask for it either way if pgi doesn't wanna pay a "fee"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users