88 replies to this topic

#21 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'm excited for my missile Urbie! My LURM-anmech!

Time to troll harder!

#22 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostHorseman, on 14 September 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

On the contrary. There was no Missile Urbie or Ballistic Griffin before, and the Victor's ballistic hardpoints are spread across three locations - again a first for the chassis, allowing it to boat multiple heavy ballistic weapons.
The loyalty Kit Fox seems kinda meh though. It's basically this with slightly different hardpoint locations: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...95e9b1828a36fd3 (non-hero-pod version: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1f7c3b73af7a6d9 )

I think i have too many mechs, or the "moar of the same hardpoints!" syndrome. They also arent any of my chassis i like to take out. They dont do anything different either. Past Loyalty mech were more interesting. The new (L) have nothing special about them. Could have been civil war upgraded at least. No high amount of JJ, no better engine, no ecm, no masc. They boat ballistic and you know what that means, mgs or ac2, ug. The victor has a bitching camo, i dont qualify for it right now but i might. Ive yet to make my mind about it. Do i really want to take out a victor with slow speed because i got more than one balistic on it?

#23 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 14 September 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

I think i have too many mechs, or the "moar of the same hardpoints!" syndrome. They also arent any of my chassis i like to take out. They dont do anything different either. Past Loyalty mech were more interesting.

PGI has been using cannon Battletech as a source for "new" mechs. As the Battletech game was written decades ago and for tabletop gaming, not a computer shooter, there will not be much variety between one Griffin and another. As for this release I'd say:
1) Victor that has multiple torso Ballistic points is something very new and possibly very usefull (double ultras).
2) Urbanmech with missile points.
3) Linebacker sporting jump jets.

Are definately adding options to the hangers...whether or not a pilot can make the mech work with your play style is another matter. Last year I think the only highly received mechs were the Summoners for extra energy hardpoints and Blackjacks for SRMs. I don't think many people carred about the Cataphract with MASC or more Hellbringer or Stalker variants.

So don't be too hard on PGI, remember, they are giving this stuff out at no extra cost to customers that bought stuff this year.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 14 September 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#24 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'd say the Victor has some hidden gold under that armor; It'll be the only Non-Annihilator or non-Nightstar that can deadside twin AC/20s comfortably.

Oh, and the Urbie can mount freakin missiles now. It actually can do something unique; not even the K9 does that.

Edited by Catten Hart, 14 September 2017 - 01:04 PM.

#25 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

I'm gonna miss the days when Linebackers came rushing THROUGH the gate...

#26 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Ok ok... Looks like i'll have to buy the Collectors Osiris to get that smexy Victor =) Cool that they have different Patterns!

#27 Creepus

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

Any ideas how will duo ecm kit fox work?

#28 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostCreepus, on 14 September 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Would it even be possible to equip two ECM on one Mech at a time? Or is there a safety in the Game Code to prevent having two at once? Is there currently another Mech on which this can already be tested, or will this uniquely be a new question popping up? :blink:

~D. V. "This presents some truly new questions indeed!" Devnull

#29 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 September 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Would it even be possible to equip two ECM on one Mech at a time? Or is there a safety in the Game Code to prevent having two at once? Is there currently another Mech on which this can already be tested, or will this uniquely be a new question popping up? Posted Image

~D. V. "This presents some truly new questions indeed!" Devnull

Yep. One ECM on the Right Arm and the other on the Left Arm. Add streaks 4/6 <one or the other; or one of each> into the torsos and some lasers,and you're good to go.

#30 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

Interesting.
What would 2 ECMs do?

Also, I like the camo patterns, even if (or maybe because) they are more traditional than heat vision painted on Mechs.

#31 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostKuaron, on 14 September 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Interesting.
What would 2 ECMs do?

Also, I like the camo patterns, even if (or maybe because) they are more traditional than heat vision painted on Mechs.

I would think it'd be the same as stacking TAG without bonuses to either.

#32 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

Pretty sure you'd get an error warning trying to fit two ECM suite on the same Mech.

#33 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostCreepus, on 14 September 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

My guess, it'll work as well as those dual-TAG builds. And we'll see people run them in pug queue. Posted Image

#34 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

I've seen a notice in the mechlab that says 'exceeds per mech limits' or something similar for other items (I think when hovering over a TC when a TC is already equipped). I doubt we'll have the opportunity to both jam and counter on the same mech.

#35 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostKuaron, on 14 September 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Interesting.
What would 2 ECMs do?

Perhaps it would now take two enemy active probes (maybe 2x other counters as well or a combo of any two) to counter your ECM field as a single counter would only defeat one ECM while the other is still intact. This property would be a carryover from BT ECCM rules.

It might also mean 2x ECM builds would make it extra hard for anyone to get a lock on you as ECM lock delay times might stack (likely multiplicatively). This would give some extra incentive to the option.

Or it can all just be a active/not active field, or no change from what we have now.

It's all up to what we bug Russ to do about this Pandora's box that he just opened with the KFX-G.

On a side note, this now allows the MLX-F with 8E and an ECM in the RT to be in MWO with no more excuses. (Woot!)

#36 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

I'm blind, or the page of criteria doesn't mention Ultimate Packs.

Does an Ultimate equal two Collectors, just one, or are they just not even included from an eligibility standpoint?

#37 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

One thing we probably won't get is the option to set one ECM to counter and the other one to disrupt. ^^

#38 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

Missle Urbie. On my Lurms......i'm in heaven.

#39 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Most of this is pretty nice, but I gotta say the Victor is disappointing. I like my 9B, unless the mounts are good it won't do much for the mech, especially at 80 tons. Getting any interesting or useful builds going that you couldn't do on any of the other versions, or on other mechs, is going to be hard. I would've loved to see just about anything else for the top tier reward. Preferably the TDR-5Sd for a TDR with high-mounted ballistics, but really anything that was halfway interesting.

#40 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 14 September 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

I doubt we'll have the opportunity to both jam and counter on the same mech.

You already can. It is called "equip ECM and AP."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users