ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 17 September 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

Hey fellow mech warriors. I was wondering which light mechs you'd still like to see added to this game. I've compiled a list of my personal top ten along in this poll, but i've included every mech that I think is eligible for the current timeline including quads and Inner Sphere omnimechs.

My top 10 mechs i'd like to see added to this game (in no specific order) are:
  • Piranha
  • Fire Falcon
  • Locust IIC
  • Vixen (Incubus)
  • Peregrine (Horned Owl)
  • Wasp
  • Raptor
  • Nexus
  • Hermes
  • Hollander
What is your choice?

Edit:
==> cast your vote <==
All light mechs up until TRO 3067 are included

Well, I do have the unenviable advantage of having 3 of my all time favorites (Urbanmech, Mist Lynx and the upcoming Osiris) in the game already, as well as 2 others that I really like (Commando and Panther).

That said... I would love to see:
-Mongoose
-Fireball (I'm weird like that, ya know?)
-Jackal (oh yeah!!!)
-Piranha
-Venom

Any of those would be most welcome!

View PostMyke Pantera, on 17 September 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

Hey fellow mech warriors. I was wondering which light mechs you'd still like to see added to this game. I've compiled a list of my personal top ten along in this poll, but i've included every mech that I think is eligible for the current timeline including quads and Inner Sphere omnimechs.

My top 10 mechs i'd like to see added to this game (in no specific order) are:
  • Piranha
  • Fire Falcon
  • Locust IIC
  • Vixen (Incubus)
  • Peregrine (Horned Owl)
  • Wasp
  • Raptor
  • Nexus
  • Hermes
  • Hollander
What is your choice?

Edit:
==> cast your vote <==
All light mechs up until TRO 3067 are included

BTW...no Venom in your poll bro?

#42 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 September 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

A note on the Piranha:
It's not the MG variant you should be worried about. It's the laser-spam variant.

Like I mentioned for the MG variant, they could just consolidate ER Micros, to Micro Pulse Lazors if they're afraid of 15 Energy Hardpoints. But I believe Ghost Heat and the ability to only mount 7 true DHS might be enough. But I might be wrong.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 September 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

BTW...no Venom in your poll bro?

Yeah seams i've somehow cut off everything after Stiletto. Added Talon and Venom to the poll options. Thanks for pointing it out.

#43 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 17 September 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

Like I mentioned for the MG variant, they could just consolidate ER Micros, to Micro Pulse Lazors if they're afraid of 15 Energy Hardpoints. But I believe Ghost Heat and the ability to only mount 7 true DHS might be enough. But I might be wrong.

Yeah seams i've somehow cut off everything after Stiletto. Added Talon and Venom to the poll options. Thanks for pointing it out.

Oh it's totally self serving, it's the only 35 tonner I want offhand, lol.

#44 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 September 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Oh it's totally self serving, it's the only 35 tonner I want offhand, lol.

Hey Bishop, the Venom is still waiting for your vote ;)

#45 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

Toro, because it is well past time to get some Periphery action up in this place. The totem, if you can stomach to call it such, of the Taurian Concordat. The light 'Mech that made the Inner Sphere soil its drawers so thoroughly that they destroyed every unit and factory they could find just so it wouldn't kick their imperialist arses back where they belonged.

Posted Image

Oh. Baby. Toro, motherf@%#er.

The Brigand is the 'Mech of pirates and anarchists. The Toro is the 'Mech of heroes.

Other lights on my wish list: Urbanmech IIC, Raptor, Piranha, Razorback, Hollander.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 17 September 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Hey Bishop, the Venom is still waiting for your vote Posted Image

Sorry I've been distracted watching Mr Abstract self destruct with half understood regurgitated Sarna... it's been too entertaining to get back t o the Poll, but I'll fix that now.

#47 Muthatrucka

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

The Flea
FLE-17

#48 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 17 September 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Toro, because it is well past time to get some Periphery action up in this place. The totem, if you can stomach to call it such, of the Taurian Concordat. The light 'Mech that made the Inner Sphere soil its drawers so thoroughly that they destroyed every unit and factory they could find just so it wouldn't kick their imperialist arses back where they belonged.

Posted Image

Oh. Baby. Toro, motherf@%#er.

The Brigand is the 'Mech of pirates and anarchists. The Toro is the 'Mech of heroes.

Other lights on my wish list: Urbanmech IIC, Raptor, Piranha, Razorback, Hollander.

I, too, enjoy running my Light 'Mechs without armor!

Jokes aside, the Toro looks friggin' awesome. But...really wish it was a Heavy. Because it looks like a Heavy.

#49 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

Fire Moth!!!! I'm a Ghost Bear, what can I say?

#50 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:40 AM

I've added Baboon, Solitaire, Toro and Razorback to the mech specs list

#51 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 17 September 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

I think it is high time that we get some Periphery Mechs and I would not say 'no' to the Toro. It also would set a precedent for extinct chassis in MWO, which I personally would welcome very much. (We have many extinct variants, already).

However, keep in mind the Brigand started out as a Pirate Mech but quickly entered the service of many Periphery realms - including the Taurian Concordat. Posted Image

View PostMyke Pantera, on 17 September 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Very good mech indeed. Nexus and Raptor are both jump capable mechs as well. IS really needs a jumpy 25 tonner (and 20 tonner for that matter).

The Nexus variants could be bundled with the Jackrabbit variants for a single Mech-Pack. I would like that very much. The biggest problem however is that the Nexus not just has a C3-slave, it has a C3i unit. Its so integral to its design that I am uncomfortable with just removing it for MWO... The Brigand would not have that problem.

Edited by FLG 01, 18 September 2017 - 07:13 AM.

#52 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

I've been asking for the Peregrine (Horned Owl) forever now. I mostly wanted it for the MGs though and now we have the Cheetahs with those. Still I would like it because its a humanoid 35t clan mech and we don't have one of those, its also a battlemech which we need more of.

However the weight brings up a point against it since there are already three 35t clan lights...So I guess I would say the Piranha since there is still no 20t clan mech, or a 25t mech since there is only one of those.

#53 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

View Postdario03, on 18 September 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

I've been asking for the Peregrine (Horned Owl) forever now. I mostly wanted it for the MGs though and now we have the Cheetahs with those. Still I would like it because its a humanoid 35t clan mech and we don't have one of those, its also a battlemech which we need more of.

However the weight brings up a point against it since there are already three 35t clan lights...So I guess I would say the Piranha since there is still no 20t clan mech, or a 25t mech since there is only one of those.
Or how about we try to get the game fixed so that Lights aren't inherently screwed over right from the get go? Because I can tell you, with certainty, that until things like the scaling system and the score system are fixed, Lights will always be DOA.

Edited by Requiemking, 18 September 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#54 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

For lights,

Nexus
Brigand
Raptor
Mongoose

#55 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

Piranha
Firemoth
Locust iic

Raptor

#56 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

Added Tarantula, Hussar & Hornet for the IS and Duan Gung for the Clans to the mech specs list

#57 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 18 September 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Or how about we try to get the game fixed so that Lights aren't inherently screwed over right from the get go? Because I can tell you, with certainty, that until things like the scaling system and the score system are fixed, Lights will always be DOA.

Why not both?

#58 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

View Postdario03, on 18 September 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Why not both?

Because, as I explained in my post on the first page, until those problems are solved, Lights are never going to do well, either in the store as a mechpack or in game.

#59 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 18 September 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Because, as I explained in my post on the first page, until those problems are solved, Lights are never going to do well, either in the store as a mechpack or in game.

Again.
Why not both?
At about the same time.

#60 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 18 September 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

However, keep in mind the Brigand started out as a Pirate Mech but quickly entered the service of many Periphery realms - including the Taurian Concordat. Posted Image

I jest, of course- I would love to see the Brigand in MWO. Honestly, anything sourced from the Periphery would make me happy, because so few of the PC games have even touched on anything beyond the clashes between Great Houses and Clans and Comstar. It's be a nice nod to the fact that somewhere in the deep black, there are conflicts that don't ultimately trace back to Terra and who gets to plant their flag on it, and that there are nations interested only in a little slice of the cosmos to build their own futures without any grand designs on controlling the fate of humanity as a whole.

I'd buy the Ultimate Pack of any Periphery light 'Mech released, and I'd buy at least the Collector's of anything heavier. The Toro is just special, though. It has a powerful history that few other 'Mechs can boast. Kinda like the Battlemech equivalent of the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae, or the defenders of the Alamo, or Masada. The mechwarriors driving those things knew the fight was hopeless, but they stood and fought anyway because sometimes a stand just has to be made.

Most of Battletech's most interesting bits of lore haven't got anything to do with the clashes of political titans.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users