143 replies to this topic

#61 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

That FF VII spent 150 mill on advertising in the 90's is found the same place that shows Fallout 4 made over 750 million on launch day, although it doesnt show how much Fallout 4 made by day 2, or since then 2 years later. On www.gamespot.com

So you can't back that up.

Swell.

What Star Citizen has made is chicken feed in any sense of the word. Quite literally since they cant seem to make a game at all.

So a game can either be 'Blockbuster of the Century' or it's absolute garbage on an unprecedented scale.

Good to know.

Edited by Bombast, 18 September 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#62 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostBombast, on 18 September 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

So you can't back that up.

Swell.

So a game can either be 'Blockbuster of the Century' or it's absolute garbage on an unprecedented scale.

Good to know.

At least I don't feel the need to butcher quotes to reply.

Like I already said, it remains to be seen how Star Citizen turns out.

As a guess I will be making the same replies in 2020 concerning Star Citizen.

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 September 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#63 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

As a guess I will be making the same replies in 2020 concerning Star Citizen.

I don't agree with Johnny on much but on this point....
Posted Image

#64 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

At least I don't feel the need to butcher quotes to reply.

Helps for focus. It's not like it causes formating issues on this forum - It automatically trims everything.

But it's nice to know everything you bring up is so unsupportable your only resort is to complain about formatting.

Like I already said, it remains to be seen how Star Citizen turns out.

You can argue about the quality of the game all you like, but financially, it's already a success. They literally built a major studio on the back of crowdfunding just for this game. If the game came out tomorrow and was a pile of crap, it wouldn't matter. It's made it's money.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 September 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

SNIP

I didn't take you for a fan of great bit honking anime... well, you know.

#65 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostBombast, on 18 September 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Helps for focus. It's not like it causes formating issues on this forum - It automatically trims everything.

But it's nice to know everything you bring up is so unsupportable your only resort is to complain about formatting.

You can argue about the quality of the game all you like, but financially, it's already a success. They literally built a major studio on the back of crowdfunding just for this game. If the game came out tomorrow and was a pile of crap, it wouldn't matter. It's made it's money.

I'm not but one can only use morgan freeman so many times

#66 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostBombast, on 18 September 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Your definition of success is different than mine and also the people that bought ships for that game.

I am ignoring you ignoring the facts about some of the money spent and made concerning videos games.

#67 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Your definition of success is different than mine and also the people that bought ships for that game.

Your definition of success appears to be merit based on the quality of the game. Which, as far as I know, has nothing to do with anything in this thread, or why SC was brought up in the first place.

I am ignoring you ignoring the facts about some of the money spent and made concerning videos games.

And I'm not ignoring that you apparently made it through high school without someone explaining what sources are.

#68 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Your definition of success is different to pretty much everyones Johnny.

SC, considering it hasnt even been released has made over 170 million for development from the kickstarter alone. Thats winning by any definition.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 18 September 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#69 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

View PostBombast, on 18 September 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Your definition of success appears to be merit based on the quality of the game. Which, as far as I know, has nothing to do with anything in this thread, or why SC was brought up in the first place.

And I'm not ignoring that you apparently made it through high school without someone explaining what sources are.

I was doing hard labour during my high school age years, but then you most likely already know that. You could say I graduated early. :) I did have an advanced education after all. I had a car and an apartment and way to many girlfriends at 17. Journeyman by 21.

Yes I did have my money, job and nearly my life stolen eventually but that's neither here nor there.

As for this topic, I am glad MechWarrior Online didn't do it like Star Citizen did it and took the money and didn't produce a game.

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 September 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#70 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

I was doing hard labour during my high school age years, but then you most likely already know that. You could say I graduated early. Posted Image I did have an advanced education after all.

I didn't, but it explains a great deal.

#71 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostBombast, on 18 September 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

I didn't, but it explains a great deal.

I bet you did. But that you lie and are using personal attacks doesn't surprise me at all. Backed up by the moderators to have the nerve to behave so no doubt.

By the way I couldn't care less what scum you have to back up your behavior. :) You wont be winning in any kind of fair fight that is for sure, not even on forums. LOL

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 September 2017 - 08:03 PM.

#72 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

That reminds me I have an account for that game. I just lack the video card and need to get a new one come the x-mas sales. too bad pgi just doesn't work with what they have and do a lot better. Star citizen is a lot of what I wished mwo could have been slowly turning into back in 2012-2013 in stead of this endless arena shooter.

#73 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

I bet you did. But that you lie and are using personal attacks doesn't surprise me at all. Backed up by the moderators to have the nerve to behave so no doubt.

By the way I couldn't care less what scum you have to back up your behavior. Posted Image You wont be winning in any kind of fair fight that is for sure, not even on forums. LOL

Out of curiosity, how would I know about this, why would I care, and why would you assume I, someone who disappears for 8 months at a time and has fairly severe brain damage, would remember?

#74 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostBombast, on 18 September 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, how would I know about this, why would I care, and why would you assume I, someone who disappears for 8 months at a time and has fairly severe brain damage, would remember?

I can only guess what you know and since you started with personal attacks I figured I would return the favour.

Again, as for this topic saying this game should do anything like Star Citizen is a rather large mistake. This is at least a playable game, maybe one of the best online games available.

If your wondering why I am defensive, I got my reasons, and I like to gloat. :) Its a weakness.

You got to understand. I was permanently injured, was defrauded by revenue Canada for 70% of my pay cheque, had my wallet stolen, was defrauded by workers compensation made homeless, nearly killed, all in 1 year. Another page worth of physical assaults and things like that and I am still alive. :) If anyone looks into it they will see I am telling the truth 100%. Really tough not to gloat about it. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 September 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#75 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

I can only guess what you know and since you started with personal attacks I figured I would return the favour.

I have not attacked you in this thread. I've just demanded you back up what you continue to claim are facts.

Again, as for this topic saying this game should do anything like Star Citizen is a rather large mistake. This is at least a playable game, maybe one of the best online games available.

They didn't say it should be like Star Citizen. They pointed out one thing that Star Citizen objectively does better than PGI and suggested they should do that.

And additional baggage is yours (Well, yours and the other people ranting about SC).

If your wondering why I am defensive, I got my reasons, and I like to gloat. Posted Image Its a weakness.

I don't particularly care about why you're defensive, or your reasons, or weaknesses or your propensity for gloating. I just would appreciate it if people who are unable or are unwilling to back up their claims pack said claims up and go elsewhere. Surely you have better things to do then make unsubstantiated statements and then refuse to prove them?

#76 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostBombast, on 18 September 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I have not attacked you in this thread. I've just demanded you back up what you continue to claim are facts.

They didn't say it should be like Star Citizen. They pointed out one thing that Star Citizen objectively does better than PGI and suggested they should do that.

And additional baggage is yours (Well, yours and the other people ranting about SC).

I don't particularly care about why you're defensive, or your reasons, or weaknesses or your propensity for gloating. I just would appreciate it if people who are unable or are unwilling to back up their claims pack said claims up and go elsewhere. Surely you have better things to do then make unsubstantiated statements and then refuse to prove them?

Ya go ahead keep on with the personal attacks.

#77 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

Actually, not one of those were personal attacks. At worst it was pointing out that he didn't care about your problems.

#78 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 September 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Ya go ahead keep on with the personal attacks.

Out of curiosity (Again), what do you consider a personal attack? I'm starting to think your definition is different than mine.

#79 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 18 September 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

SC, considering it hasnt even been released has made over 170 million for development from the kickstarter alone. Thats winning by any definition.

Well, for Chris Roberts. It's debatable if the Players are legit "winning" or not. When 2020 rolls around and it's still in alpha, I'm curious if the kool aid will continue to flow.

#80 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 September 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

Well, for Chris Roberts. It's debatable if the Players are legit "winning" or not. When 2020 rolls around and it's still in alpha, I'm curious if the kool aid will continue to flow.

Players definitely arent winning, all they are doing is buying more ships to fill Chris's wallet. Ive not invested and im really not interested until it is playable.

On the flip side, Im having a ball in Elite Dangerous atm. Started development at the same time and Elite is up and running.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users