• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Light Machine Guns (Both IS + Clans)
• Spread increased to 0.5 (from 0.2).
• Critical Hit bonus reduced to 9x (from 13x).

[color="#3073f3"]Light Machine Gun Design Notes:[/color][color="#3073f3"] We are currently observing the state of Machine Guns as a whole, but at this time we only see a need for bringing the LMG into better alignment with its standard counterpart. In its previous state the LMG was outclassing the Standard variant even at ranges where we wished for the standard MG to outperform against the LMG. With the weapons being identical in tonnage and critical, we could not have one weapon outperforming the other to such a significant degree. The changes to spread are tuned to where the LMG will still focus their damage on singular locations while within Optimal Range, but will begin to spread to multiple locations when outside their Optimal Range.[/color]

[color="#3073f3"]In addition to this, their bonus Critical Chances have been redued to ensure that they will not blow out components as easily from outside the Optimal Range of the weapon. We still want the Range of LMG to be its primary feature, but we want their optimal usage to be brought a bit closer to where the Standard and Heavy MGs can better compete, and potentially overcome LMGs dependent on the engagement range.[/color]

1- LMG spread needs to be tested to see if its still usable or not

2- LMGs even with 13x crit chance was doing less damage overall to internals compared to normal MGs and HMGs. I don't know what PGI is trying to say here and what they were trying to achieve

3- If you want to make HMGs able to compete, increase their range a little bit

#23 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostPeiper, on 18 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

skimming for map news....

skimming...

skimming....

I see lots of words. No maps. Therefore:

I Star Colonel Erich Peiper would like to initiate a Trial of Grievance against Piranha Games for refusing to create new maps and in refusing to do so also refuse any option allowing players to create maps, even for private lobby use. Such maps could be evaluated via private lobby fights, and if of sufficient quality and tactical enjoyment, be added to the game by popular acclaim.

Justification for the trial:
As maps create situations, scenarios, tactical gameplay, and options for various extracurricular activities (player run events/tournaments), they are actually the number one most important type of content injection for the longevity of a game such as this one. While it is understood that PGI has always struggled with creating a viable and meaningful faction warfare system, despite many great options presented over the years, they HAVE created some boss maps. Considering we ALL have to use the maps, it means that they are the type of content that EVERYONE benefits from. It is also something we ALL expect, even when we disagree on every other part of the game including balance, game modes, faction warfare implementation, etc.... MAPS keep us all happy, or at least give us something more to do while we're busy criticizing other things. We should have a map a month, or at the very minimum, every two months.

What do you bid in your defense? Or do you instead wish to invoke the right of surkai? Understand that should you invoke this right, it will not release you from your duty to provide us with maps, or allow us to create them. It will simply be an acknowledgement of your failure and request for forgiveness in lieu of combat. You will still be expected to deliver what is expected.
I would add myself to this combat to fill out the star.

#24 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostGrus, on 18 September 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

So you see there is an issue with the heat with the IS ac/uac 10... why did you have to mess with the clan ones?

Same reason they nerfed the I.S uac5 when PGI went after the Kdk-3

"Balance"

#25 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostRavenous Starling, on 18 September 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

You nerfed a Firestarter...

Posted Image

WHAT?
I laughed way too hard at this.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 September 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

I would have preferred they were both 3, but oh well. Clan mechs usually have a plethora of DHS to go along with their UAC10s so it shouldn't be much of an issue.
for one yes but GS is gonna hit a lot harder now.

#26 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostGrus, on 18 September 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

for one yes but GS is gonna hit a lot harder now.

GS?

#27 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

What a bunch of noise over nothing.

#28 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

So, a few quick notes:

1. AC/10 vs. UAC/10

The reason the UAC/10 gets taken over the AC/10 is because the AC/10 offers nothing significant over the Ultra. It has the same crummy range, the same crummy velocity, the same crummy base-DPS, and still sucks up 12 tons and 7 slots. The AC/5 and AC/2 at least offer some small range advantage over their Ultra counterparts, but for the 10 and the 20? Nada. Being single shot is not enough for it if it doesn't combine with anything well, and it doesn't. Why wouldn't I take the Ultra for just one more ton? Nothing else really combines with the 10-class ACs, so I might as well just double down on the quality of the 10s I am bringing.
Making the AC/10 even colder does nothing to upset this equation.

And then there's the Clan version, which doesn't even have reduced shot count going for it.

Basically, PGI isn't doing enough to differentiate the ballistic types in meaningful ways. This isn't unique to the 10-class, since even at the 2 and 5 class, the Ultras are almost always taken over their standard counterparts. The only standard AC that has its own niche is the AC/20; single shot for brawl versus triple-shot for short-range poke.

2. Heavy Gauss

It isn't a close-range weapon. It is too slow and too explosive and goes on 'Mechs that are...also too slow. It will never supersede the AC/20 as the close-range ballistic of choice. Even the LB-20X is better for close range.

There are Clan Assault 'Mechs vomiting out 72-94 points of damage from 450+ meters using a pair of cGauss and a bundle of lasers. The best you can realistically achieve with HGauss is 67. Why is PGI avoiding what is such an obvious balancing aid? Should IS Assaults always be doomed to be glorified Heavies?

3. DRG-1C

The range quirk can't come off so long as the IS ERLL remains 675 meters trying to trade against 740.

#29 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostPromessa, on 18 September 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

LMG's were nerfed a good bit and the dragon was pretty unbalanced. It wasn't popular, probably because of its history, but people who knew it had insane laser quirks combined with heavy armor quirks we're racking up kills

I dont really believe it. But oh well, another variant for the trash heap

#30 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

I'm not a fan of the heat nerf to Clan U-10s. Clans don't have a decent AC10 substitute like IS does.

I AM a fan of the buff to the Uziel. It needed more defense...armor quirks...but I'll take anything I can get and thank YOU for the mobility boost, that will help it. I like the UZL much but it has needed help especially since the hitbox changes.

#31 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Many welcome improvements but... IS faction play tonnage advantage remains 300? Clans stay at 50 tons in Scouting? Annihilator retains its insane durability quirks? Assassins still crazy OP? IS side needs extra C-Bills (but not tonnage) to incentivize mercs and players to that side.

#32 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

I wasn't aware Assassins were OP lol. The Annihilator is also not very OP.. its an IS assault... the best IS assault is the MX90 and the Clan assaults are still more badass at their respective roles.

#33 Skaav

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Was hoping for some news regarding 8v8 QP, but decent last few patches nonetheless

#34 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

"In its previous state the LMG was outclassing the Standard variant even at ranges where we wished for the standard MG to outperform against the LMG."

When I say that PGI wants us to play the game a specific way, this is what I mean. If you want us to do something, tell us... just use your words. Don't wait until we've done what you didn't want us to and then punish us. Glad to see the MLX arm is getting fixed though. :)

#mistlynx4life

#35 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

Yaaaay, let's kill some more good remaining clan mechs after night gyr... Looking forward for SMN getting all energy quirks removed due to "performance, particularly in Competitive play, is problematic in the way that it offers many advantages over other 'Mech choices with little in the way of drawbacks".

Keep dreaming to see smth like "hey guys, we looked over some mechs not getting used in comp play and decided to removed negative quirks on TBR, added some armor on orion, etc. hope you'll try them out intead of current meta and see if it works" instead of consecutive nerfvawes.

Also assassin missile velocity nice meme.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 18 September 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#36 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

IS UAC10 heat goes down.

Clan UAC10 heat goes up.

Cool Shot cooldown increased insanely high.

Artillery Strike cooldown increased.

Special Faction Warfare Events just begging to exclude people from participating in certain events by Faction, liken to Phase 1 and 2 border conflicts by faction...

I don't think it's right to exclude anyone from Faction Warfare Special Events. This is begging to be yet another nail in the coffin...

Given that all Clans and IS can attack and defend everywhere and House/Clan borders are irrelevant, why implement a system that excludes what events people can participate in based on which Clan/House they belong to? It's like PGI is selectively implementing components of all the previous Phases in order to achieve some kind of "revolutionary change."

I can guarantee you...closing the door on people from participating in events will seriously anger and frustrate them. You're starting to muck with one of the cornerstones of this game which keeps me coming back, PGI...

Edited by Commander A9, 18 September 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#37 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image

• DropShips: 'Mechs can no longer be damaged while they are inside the DropShip.
• HUD: Kill Counters are now present in all Game Modes.
• Mobility: Fixed an issue where accessing the Scoreboard while still trying to accelerate could cause your 'Mech to brake, when Throttle Decay is active.

Posted Image

The firestarter and Wolfhound were the best 2 lights post skill tree with cheetah nerfs. Then they added MG cheetahs and mg mistlynx which became the new op light options, hopefully this brings all 4 mechs into balance with other light options (i doubt it).

For the people crying about nothing about maps in this patch russ has already told us when to expect them, 1 in novermber ? and 1 in february i think was what were told, then lots of small solaris 1v1 - 2v2 maps march ? or something like that. Yeah we all think maps are long overdue but the map info isn't sposed to be in these patch notes, roadmap and general discussion is where to complain about lack of maps.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 18 September 2017 - 05:09 PM.

#38 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

Clan laser vomit getting buffed? Check.

Oh joy

Edited by Lovas, 18 September 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#39 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

View PostLovas, on 18 September 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Clan laser vomit getting buffed? Check.

Oh joy

It was buffed?

#40 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 September 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

It was buffed?

Potentially indirectly. The skill tree fix for heat containment should make hotter mechs (that are also loaded with heat sinks) more viable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users